What's new

PAF bus attack mastermind a retd Major

hass_maria

New Recruit

Reaction score
LAHORE, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistani security forces have arrested a retired army major suspected of being the mastermind behind a suicide attack on an air force bus which killed eight people, an intelligence official said on Wednesday.

The suspect, Ahsan-ul-Haq, was arrested in the outskirts of the eastern city of Lahore on December 17, the official said.

“We recovered explosives and jackets used for suicide bombings at his house next to a madrassa (Islamic school),” said the intelligence official, who declined to be identified.

Authorities later arrested five of Haq’s associates in the city of Sargodha, based on information provided by Haq, the official said. “All of them admitted they were behind the Sargodha attack and were planning to carry out similar attacks, even against politicians,” he said.

Pleas i need to know more details of this article its urgent. who is he where he was from. he was serving in which corp? who were his assiciates who are also under arrest?

Hass-maria,

Why do you want to know all that infromation? Are you working for some agency of some sorts---what is your interest in it!!!

Pleas i need to know more details of this article its urgent. who is he where he was from. he was serving in which corp? who were his assiciates who are also under arrest?

The fact that he was retired means he was not linked to any of the units, Corps etc. Many people in their private lives lean over to the religious side..some decide to go the militancy path..we will find out more as it becomes available.

well im not working in agency had i been doing that i hve the sense not to ask so publicly. when i read the news in DAWN i thought i must check who is he. cuz one of his pic on the internet shows that he is wearing a white uniform which means tht he might be frm navy. was just curious to know if any one knws abt him.
and as far as corp or unit is concerned if he ws a military man he wud have some identity.

I think such types of attacks does not have any relation with army men (may not be) but anyways one cant give guarntee of such things. Wish to get rid of such type of evil minded persons and i m 200%sure they cant be muslims who are killing their own muslim bros while attacking in mosques and majlis. May Allah save us from this menace.

It was news that a retired Major was the mastermind and that is why the US feels that the nukes could get compromised.
Elite commandos of the Special Services Group have fared no better. Here, the suicide bomber was an army man. Still more recently, a group of six Pakistani militants, reportedly brainwashed by clerics linked to Al Qaeda, was arrested in December for plotting suicide attacks against military targets. Their leader was revealed to be a former army major, Ahsan-ul-Haq, who had masterminded the Nov. 1 suicide attack on a Pakistan Air Force bus that killed 9 people and wounded 40 others in the city of Sargodha, where nuclear weapons are said to be stored.
A state of denial - International Herald Tribune

Back
Top Bottom