What's new

PAF flight testing J-10

Nasir

Reaction score
:GUNS: Yup guys thats right!

On the Geo T.V some seniors were talking that Pakistan is going to do flight testing for some Chinese aircraft. After searching on the internet news i finally found out that its J-10 which PAF will be looking at. :chilli:

Pakistan will stand by China against US ‘siege’, says Rashid

BEIJING: Pakistan will stand by China if the US ever tries to “besiege” it, Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has said. He said this while talking to a private television channel in Beijing on Wednesday.

Rashid said that President Pervez Musharraf’s visit to China will open new avenues of development and cooperation between the two countries in all sectors. Pakistan and China have signed 42 bilateral agreements during the president’s current visit, 13 of which have been reached at the government level and 27 are between the traders and entrepreneurs of both countries.

These accords are aimed at boosting cooperation in economy, defence, trade and the social sector. The information minister said that Pakistan and China are jointly manufacturing an F-17 thunder combat aircraft. He said that the test-flight of a second combat plane, an F-10, is scheduled for today (Thursday).

He said that Musharraf told the Chinese leadership that Pakistan wanted full membership of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). He said that Russian President Vladimir Putin, due to visit China next month, along with the Chinese leadership will help Pakistan acquire SCO membership. Cooperation of other SCO members – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan – will also be sought, he said.

The president also expressed condolences for the killing of three Chinese engineers in Balochistan, he said. agencies

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?p...3-2-2006_pg7_50

Originally posted by PFF News@Feb 23 2006, 07:39 AM
:GUNS: Yup guys thats right!

On the Geo T.V some seniors were talking that Pakistan is going to do flight testing for some Chinese aircraft. After searching on the internet news i finally found out that its J-10 which PAF will be looking at.  :chilli:
[post=6119]Quoted post[/post]​

why wud such a crucial news item get such a low coverage in pakistan?
JF 17 was celebrated ,when first announcd and why such a silence abt J 10?

That minister is already confused abt the which plane is mfr ing and so i am sure he messed thing up.

Its no big deal, the J-10 has been evaluated by Pakistan before.
Its will hit the media once we go for it.

Its awesome. J-10 is really a nice aircraft in PAFs inventory. It could be bought cheap and it will easily be able to out meanuver the Su-30 with its thurst rate. The combination of J-10, JF-17 and the Chinese Erieye is a one side combination that PAF is going with. The other part of combination is possibly Erieye datalinked with F-16 Block 50.

If the other part is not the case then it is a high possibility that some Gripens amount 40~ can be acquiried to form a major front line tier relieying on 50 percent western technology and 50 percent of the Chinese just in case.

Wait and see what Pakistan will do about this, Not a bad choice. Well i personally was against F-16 deal, because pakistan would ave to rely on US again and again. i.e. Parts, Upgrades plus much more. J-10 is indegiously manufactured by China, and is a very good prospect for pakistan.

By now i guess china need some help to overcome few problems related to J-10. They ave been trying hard its no doubt, but i recon Russia can play a big part to evaluate the solutions for such problems.

But any way it is an interesting news.

(one more thing, is there any relation with this news, deal or testng of aircraft with the cancellation of F-16 order, well it seems prety suspiciouse to me, may be Pakistan had realised its bright future with J-10 compared to F-16)

Originally posted by melb4aust@Feb 24 2006, 12:20 PM
Wait and see what Pakistan will do about this, Not a bad choice. Well i personally was against F-16 deal, because pakistan would ave to rely on US again and again. i.e. Parts, Upgrades plus much more. J-10 is indegiously manufactured by China, and is a very good prospect for pakistan.

By now i guess china need some help to overcome few problems related to J-10. They ave been trying hard its no doubt, but i recon Russia can play a big part to evaluate the solutions for such problems.

But any way it is an interesting news.

(one more thing, is there any relation with this news, deal or testng of aircraft with the cancellation of F-16 order, well it seems prety suspiciouse to me, may be Pakistan had realised its bright future with J-10 compared to F-16)
[post=6182]Quoted post[/post]​

Pakistan cannot cancel the US order now,tht will sedn really bad signals to them.And aklso its under a aid package why say no to aid.If tis free then take it,i wud.

And regarding J 10,any modern day AC inducted into the PAF will be good.it doesnt really matter whether its JF 17, J 10 or F16 or J 10.PAF needs some fresh blood badly.

PAF shud accelerate the JF 17 induction which is getting delayed time and again.

Originally posted by melb4aust@Feb 24 2006, 09:20 AM
[post=6182]Quoted post[/post]​

I doubt it. Pakistan could have gone for the J-10 long befor we ordered new F-16's, but the aircraft is still underrated and underdevelopped.
We need those F-16 now.

But in near future, PAF could very well have a combination of three types including F-16's, JF-17's and either J-10 or Jas-39.

Should not cancel the order? What order? The order for the 75 F-16s has 'yet' to be placed. The deal was only in advanced stages of discussion when the earthquake took place. So now the order that was to be placed for 75 ACs would probably be, for the time being, cut down to about 50 I'd say. And those 75 were NOT part of the aid package. Only the 2 F-16s that we received last November and the MLU for our current F-16 fleet is under the package.

Jf-17 has not been delayed as such because even if the design changes had not taken place, there were still to be five prototypes for testing before the initial batch of AC was manufactured and then put up for serial production. Even after the design changes, the fourth protoype is undergoing testing with the fifth one due soon.

So far, they're still saying that the first sixteen AC would start being delivered by the end of 2006. Even if there is a delay, I wouldn't think that it would be more than six months; meaning the first AC would then be delivered mid of 2007. Still not bad when you compare it to IAF's LCA Tejas.

Only the 2 F-16s that we received last November and the MLU for our current F-16 fleet is under the package.

The 2 F-16s i remember were not part of the package (military aid) they were given free, with no cost.

That IS the package! Two FREE F-16s and FREE MLU for the existing fleet of F-16s. The rest, we buy on our own.

There we go, we are on the brink of arguments again.

An informative and related source from both or any of them can can solve the problem!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 24 2006, 08:47 PM
That IS the package! Two FREE F-16s and FREE MLU for the existing fleet of F-16s. The rest, we buy on our own.
[post=6211]Quoted post[/post]​

Those "FREE" doesn't count in military aid that United States is giving.

I will accept that.

Now the question which rises is. Is the J-10C a good plane for PAF? Cost effective? Effective itself? Not prone to sanctions? Follows the policy of division in 50-50 one side being the western other chinese? Will it come with transfer of technology? Easy infrastructure setup being it much related to JF-17 and forms a combo?

These are the questions of which every other person in this post would like to have answers. Cost effective? Effective itself? And much more importantly with free of errors and problems?

It is going to be without sanctions thats for sure, and the question about division policy of 50 50, its not going to be possible for time being.

Back
Top Bottom