What's new

PAF - Hall of Fame

Sqn Ldr Abdul Hameed Qadri

On 17 May, 1986, on a routine western CAP near Afghan border, Sqn Ldr Hameed Qadri intercepted four SU-22 aircraft. When his missiles failed to launch, he closed in with the enemy aircraft and shot down two SU-22s with his guns.

He rose to the rank of Air Cdre and laid down his life in an air crash on the last day of his command as Base Commander Minhas.

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN :pakistan:

KIT

Sqn Ldr Abdul Hameed Qadri

On 17 May, 1986, on a routine western CAP near Afghan border, Sqn Ldr Hameed Qadri intercepted four SU-22 aircraft. When his missiles failed to launch, he closed in with the enemy aircraft and shot down two SU-22s with his guns.

He rose to the rank of Air Cdre and laid down his life in an air crash on the last day of his command as Base Commander Minhas.

KIT

He was our neighbour in 1986 and he told me the story how shot down them.... He should not have gone to his last flying, he faced emergency in an F-7 dealt with it but was not able to manage it... being low at altitude ejected but could separate himself from the seat ( thats what i have heard)

Flt Lt Khalid Mehmood

On 12 September 1988, Flight Lieutenant Khalid Mahmood, leading a formation of two F-16s, intercepted a formation of six Mig-23s intruding from Afghanistan. In a quick action he shot down two Mig-23 aircraft. Later, on 3 November the same year, he shot down an SU-22 aircraft near Thal.

He is now a Group Captain and is serving in the Project JF-17 Thunder.

KIT

Flt Lt Khalid Mehmood

On 12 September 1988, Flight Lieutenant Khalid Mahmood, leading a formation of two F-16s, intercepted a formation of six Mig-23s intruding from Afghanistan. In a quick action he shot down two Mig-23 aircraft. Later, on 3 November the same year, he shot down an SU-22 aircraft near Thal.

He is now a Group Captain and is serving in the Project JF-17 Thunder.

KIT
He was about to shot 4 more Mig23 in few seconds but the GCI instructor told him to break right due to some clutter on the ground radar and GCI thought some place was near his f16 so unfortunately he missed the opportunity to break MM ALAM Record.

Flt Lt Khalid Mehmood

He is now a Group Captain and is serving in the Project JF-17 ptThunder.

KIT

Khalid left PAF long time ago due to heart problem. Retired as a Group Capt. He is one of my students did is OCU under me. Good kid

Flt Lft Saiful Azam

Flight Lieutenant Saiful Azam has the unique distinction of having kills against air forces of two different countries. As a young Flying Officer during the 65 War, Saiful Azam scored a kill against an Indian Air Force Gnat, in recognition of which he was awarded Sitara-i-Jurat. Two years later Saiful Azam became the first Pakistani pilot to score against the Israeli Air Force in the 1967 Arab-Israel war. He shot down a Vatour Bomber, a super Mystere, and a Mirage IIIC, all in only two missions thus raising his tally to four kills. To-date he remains the highest shooter of Israeli aircraft.

He has been highly decorated with gallantry awards by both Jordan and Iraq for his extraordinary display of skill and courage. He retired as a Group Captain from Bangladesh Air Force. In 2001, he was honoured by the United States Air Force (USAF) and enjoys the status of being one of the twenty two ‘Living Eagles’ of the world.

KIT

Khalid left PAF long time ago due to heart problem. Retired as a Group Capt. He is one of my students did is OCU under me. Good kid

I beg your pardon sir, but I get this info directly from PAF. If it is wrong than I am really delighted and thankful to you for your correction. Thank you for your time in enlightning us about these warriors of Pakistan Air Force.

Take Care,

KIT

Flt Lt Muhammad Wasim Ansari

Flight Lieutenant Muhammad Wasim Ansari, a signals officer achieved Shahadat as a result of a direct bomb hit on his place of work. The officer, inspired by a feeling of patriotism, carried on working under extremely dangerous conditions. This was above and beyond the call of duty. In recognition of his courage, devotion to duty and patriotism, the officer has been awarded the Tamgha-i-Basalat.

KIT

courageneverdies!!!!!

you take a lead but quoting the tremendeous stories, i was just planning to quote them in the DF...

courageneverdies!!!!!

you take a lead but quoting the tremendeous stories, i was just planning to quote them in the DF...

courageneverdies!!!!!

No worries brother, it is as much your post as much its mine. I would love to hear stories of warriors from you and other people as well. These are our heroes mine and yours.

Do post your stories, even if it is repeated just a few new words about them to add information about them.

KIT Over n Out.

I am really honoured to be a son of a country that has had so many fallen heroes. May God give them their rightful places in Heaven!

No worries brother, it is as much your post as much its mine. I would love to hear stories of warriors from you and other people as well. These are our heroes mine and yours.

Do post your stories, even if it is repeated just a few new words about them to add information about them.

KIT Over n Out.

F/Lt Younis Hussain (Shaheed), suggested the name of my elder brother, my father named him as per suggestion given by him...

KIT Over n Out.

Before 1965, both Hakimullah Sb and Middlecoat Sb flew from Sargodha to Peshawar in a double seater F-104, in just 9 minutes…When Hakim Sb asked to Middlecoat “ what was the plan” Middlecoat replied in his sweet and well mannered voice..” Well Hakim, we will fly straight (pointed in the sky)”…

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom