What's new

PAF personnel busted in assasination attempt

No we don't, If we did it would be reported our men don't resort to that stuff i know cause i have an uncle who's brothers are in pak army ! and I talk to them, even he said Indian army makes bogus claims about battles even when they never took place, and i believe him cause he's always stationed in Kashmir LOC, he works with as an artilery loader!

in an army twice the size of PA, the number of suicides, i think 100 is prolly less than the national average...just because the Pakistani media CANT report any problems with the PA, cuz they'l get banned and beaten, doesnt mean that they dont have problems.

Can you support your claim that the media will be beaten because they will report problems with PA?

Why do you think government of Pakistan is allowing more than enough freedom in the history of Pakistan to criticize the government more than ever?

in an army twice the size of PA, the number of suicides, i think 100 is prolly less than the national average...just because the Pakistani media CANT report any problems with the PA, cuz they'l get banned and beaten, doesnt mean that they dont have problems.
Pakistani media is quite open to dissing the government and reporting anything wrong with it. You could've said that in the days before Musharraf.

Pakistani media is quite open to dissing the government and reporting anything wrong with it. You could've said that in the days before Musharraf.

Yeah but this is a very recent phenomena.....Zia, Benazir/ gunjay kay zamaanay main uttha kar bund kar daitay thay yae paindoo jhuggay.......;)

Anyway this article emphasis the wahabbi/ extremist element in punjabastani armed forces.......

Saudi kay tuttoo, Americans kay Jialay.....Hamaray punjabastan kay tollay!:lol:

punjabastan Zindabad!:lol:

Lull,

There is no such thing as punjabistan anymore. Musharraf, a general and a president is no punjabi but a mahajir! You got to admit things have changed for good. Sindh is being dominated by Mahajir, locally elected. Baluchistan and NWFP also have elected local governments.

You can call Pakistan army, a punjabistan army all you want, but it doesn't matter a bit. Pakistan army has recruits from all over Pakistan, but is dominated by Punjabi because they are genetically hard and like to have tough careers.

Notice how many Rugby players are balochi, Sindhi, or Punjabi.

Things have changed and are much better now. There is no more discrimination, it is solely based on education and your capability!

Lull,

There is no such thing as punjabistan anymore. Musharraf, a general and a president is no punjabi but a mahajir! You got to admit things have changed for good. Sindh is being dominated by Mahajir, locally elected. Baluchistan and NWFP also have elected local governments.

You can call Pakistan army, a punjabistan army all you want, but it doesn't matter a bit. Pakistan army has recruits from all over Pakistan, but is dominated by Punjabi because they are genetically hard and like to have tough careers.

Notice how many Rugby players are balochi, Sindhi, or Punjabi.

Things have changed and are much better now. There is no more discrimination, it is solely based on education and your capability!

He is a iranian baluch so you can expect him to say stuff like that. Anyways its only natural that there are many posts dominated by punabi's since punjabi's do account for about 60% of the population (just as in the US many posts are held by whites) but to say that the PA is dominated by punjabi's is completely wrong. Much of the PA consist of pushtuns, then punjabi's...

Anyways I dont know why the media is making such a big deal out of this, it wasnt the PAF itself it was only one cadet out of 50,000, nothing big.

Listen I can post ALOT of articles on how the Indian new is controlled strickly by the goverment. You dont see the fact that even if the Indian army numbers 3 million 100 people commiting suicide is still relatively a high number for a ARMY. This shows the lack of moral and dignity in the army, which needs to be worked on

No we don't, If we did it would be reported our men don't resort to that stuff i know cause i have an uncle who's brothers are in pak army ! and I talk to them, even he said Indian army makes bogus claims about battles even when they never took place, and i believe him cause he's always stationed in Kashmir LOC, he works with as an artilery loader!

Artilellery loader...huh how informed he would be?

oh yes another guy with "relatives in PA"...and with direct access to all info.We had another member who had visited the top secret base(along with his "relatives") were the ballistic missiles were stationed.

Can you support your claim that the media will be beaten because they will report problems with PA?

Why do you think government of Pakistan is allowing more than enough freedom in the history of Pakistan to criticize the government more than ever?

I dont have any material proof with me.

But yes, i do agree that press is more active.

What does your press report? Has it taken up any social issues,crucail or infamous cases and got justice to it.

Does it criticise the corrruption in the army or in the ruling party?

Listen I can post ALOT of articles on how the Indian new is controlled strickly by the goverment. You dont see the fact that even if the Indian army numbers 3 million 100 people commiting suicide is still relatively a high number for a ARMY. This shows the lack of moral and dignity in the army, which needs to be worked on

by all means, do show me where the Indian media has been controlled by the government...heh, the closest the government came was when they tried to pass the broadcast bill to increase the government powers over the media...and the media FLAYED the government from ALL QUARTERS for it...the Indian media is so damn critical of any Indian government...sting operations, etc...i would indeed be surprised if there was anything to the contrary.

Now, how is commiting suicide a display of lack of "moral and dignity" in the army??
at best it shows the phsychological stress and the inability to cope with it...how does it show 'morals'? and 'dignity'?

Yeah but this is a very recent phenomena.....Zia, Benazir/ gunjay kay zamaanay main uttha kar bund kar daitay thay yae paindoo jhuggay.......;)

Anyway this article emphasis the wahabbi/ extremist element in punjabastani armed forces.......

Saudi kay tuttoo, Americans kay Jialay.....Hamaray punjabastan kay tollay!:lol:

punjabastan Zindabad!:lol:

is this urdu?i cant understand it.
Can u pls write in hindi or english?

Listen I can post ALOT of articles on how the Indian new is controlled strickly by the goverment.

You wont be able to.

You dont see the fact that even if the Indian army numbers 3 million 100 people commiting suicide is still relatively a high number for a ARMY. This shows the lack of moral and dignity in the army, which needs to be worked on

yes agreed and we are working on it.The initial reports point to lack of leaves and chance to visit family members as a reason for the high number in kashmir.

mate, the GoP is indeed allowing more powers to the media, cant be denied...but dont forget it is a relative freedom...ie more freedrom with respect to the PAST...never forget there is STILL DICTATORSHIP in Pakistan, some things dont change, the media is new, it dare not diss the government, it dare not cross the invisible line.Such a media is still a restricted Media and a controlled media, i remember when they used to show PTV here, such blatant lies comming from the national news channel spreading THE EXACT government propaganda, saying all good things about pakistan and human rights violations in India, from watching PTV, u could think that Pakistan is Eutopia!, Ministers saying how Pakistan s the best place to invest, president shaking hands with people and whatnot!!...

you cant confuse it with other countries where such a thing is hard to happen and has not for decades, till the time when the govt had monopoly on the media...now no1 watches DoorDarshan ROFL!!...where the most favorite pastime of the media is to criticise every damn thing the government does...that is why the big deal on the MRCA, the ACM leaked it to the press to put pressure on the govt and the media jumped on it as another chance to show the inefficiency and lathargy of the govt to have allowed such a situation to develop. The media here is RUTHLESS. From sting ops to digging up trash on the govt, they do it all...and for every government that comes in...that is why the corruption is going down in India, slowly but steadily...if u read the Indian news via the net or elsewhere, when the government passed the RTI(Right To Information) Bill , this is one of the HALLMARKS Of democracy and independence...the govt TRIED to cover itself by not allowing to show the 'file-notings'. The media created such a BIG BIG issue over it that in the end, the RTI did go through the parliament, unscathed and in full force.

Fr those of you who dont know what RTI is.in rudimentary terms..its very similar in nature to the "first ammendment" in the United States. Its a law passed recently in the parliament, according to it...whenever ANY citizen files a Request for Information on ANY THING on the government, the governement HAS TO show him its official documents, and associated remarks or notings. We can file RTI for asking how far the land allotment procedure has gone in the development authority. How the government came about its privatisation schemes, absolutely everything! It is a whole new world in India.

just read this and you will see what i mean:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2005/10/07/stories/2005100703631000.htm

so u see, this is how powerful the media whether electronic or print has become in India,because there are journalists everywhere waiting to pounce on them from the biggest to the smallest issues.

Now like Bull said, due to the nascent freedom of press in Pakistan, the media has become a bit bolder...but show me a case, where the media took up a cause, showed extreme corruption in the government(mind u, the govt not the oppostion), where the media has taken a cause, and made the government bend to its will rather than vicee-verce. Where the media has severely flayed the government for any of its policies...and i mean FLAYED, not the ussual dissent. That sirs is exactly how powerful the media is in India.

You see the hyped up reports of everything in India, from suicides to MRCA's to Jessica Lal case because it is reported with a bloody strong flavour, any hint that somehting is wrong, gets reported in India, that is not the case with Pakistan...please gentlemen, keep your mind open, look at it from a bigger perspective, see how the Indian media is FAAAAR from being controlled by the Indian Government...realise the truth, not blinded by Patriotism and Nationalism. Enpower your own people living in Pakistan, make the media powerful and u will see a marked change in the way you live. You will see the government tremble and shake with FEAR because of the media if it gets hands on somehing dirty on the govt...you will see cabinet ministers resign due to some exposes by the media...you will experience something so different..it will change the way you percieve things.

@bull

I'm not saying he has all the info he's a regular soldier not an officer. And listening on radio where u intercept is nothing classified, both sides do this. Espically when India fakes its skrimishes (no point in denying it their was an article about it even in hindustan news site and other sites well).

I dont boast about anything, and i haven't since i joined this forum. And also their was an artcile about this aswell, where Indian army were faking their valor to get medals, so plz read carefully.

And just for future info, i have uncles in army, but none are officers :)

Back
Top Bottom