What's new

PAF Ranks

Hey "Blain2" thanks for clarifying that. Could you please provide a response to the second part of post #8 as well.

Thanks!

Please see this: http://www.defence.pk/forums/defenc...-pakistan-army.html?highlight=xeric+selection

Xeric has posted a lot of guidance on the whole selection process and preparation for ISSB etc. Go through the above thread. You are bound to increase your knowledge and can also post more specific questions which Xeric will most probably answer very graciously. Although most of his information is about selection into the Army, ISSB related suggestions apply to PAF as well.

Thanks, but that link just takes me back to the main page of the that thread instead of to xeric's post. I will do more reading on my own as I have been doing in the past week or so ;)

Thanks a lot!

Our exercises with Turkey have screwed our ranks blues don't go well with green, We should go back to RPAF ranks or go with brown like army, Army ranks do look better plus a fauji will know who you are.

Nicely put sir ;)

Thanks for the replies guys. I've read many threads and visited many websites / links. Now I am at a better position to ask questions ;)

Our exercises with Turkey have screwed our ranks blues don't go well with green, We should go back to RPAF ranks or go with brown like army, Army ranks do look better plus a fauji will know who you are.

It all started in Musharraf's era, his hero was Kamal Ata Turk
Now the blue uniform has army like ranks, but they are not attractive
They should go for khaki uniform with army like brass ranks

Another thing the blue uniform represents blue sky(represents Airforce), just like white navy uniform represents sea water, khaki for army representing ground force (the colour of mud/clay)

pafnewranksxa3.jpg

Yaar pehley select h jao phir career advancement per tawaja dena :)

First year you will be running around the academy like a head less chicken.

My suggestion is to concentrate on Science subjects before going to the academy so that it becomes easy for you to pass these subjects in academy.

Another important thing is to jog (not run) atleast 3 km a day and work on push ups, front rolls and swiming.

Is swimming also a part of selection? Is it also compulsory for girls?

PAF Commissioned Officer Ranks

Rank
Air Chief Marshal
Air Marshal
Air Vice Marshal
Air Commodore
Group Captain
Wing Commander
Squadron Leader
Flight Lieutenant
Flying Officer Pilot Officer

PAF Junior Commissioned Officers and enlisted Ranks

Rank
Chief Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Assistant Warrant Officer
Senior Technician
Corporal Technician
Junior Technician
Senior Aircraftsman
Leading Aircraftsman
Aircraftsman

In 2006 the Pakistan Air Force changed the rank insignia for its officers, abandoning the ring insignia in favour of an army-style one based on stars.

Junior Commission Officers are Non-GD's. Is it?

GDP's include both fighter, transport and rotary pilots. The pilots with a lower score or a bad history are transferred to Chaklala. And this happens before they achieve their 'Command Pilot status'. They are signified by the wings with 'red' crescent and a star.

can some one tell me the salary and other benefits of Account Officer whose rank is pilot officer and what is promotion ranks for them

He means that you are on probation till you pass OCU , A IP can simply say you are fired that is all no one even the COAS cant say any thing so be prepared

A person who graduates as GD(P) remains GD(P), as long as he wears flying badge. On the other hand it is not necessary that the GD(P) continues flying through out. There are so many places where a person can flip and his flying career ends.

GDP's include both fighter, transport and rotary pilots. The pilots with a lower score or a bad history are transferred to Chaklala. And this happens before they achieve their 'Command Pilot status'. They are signified by the wings with 'red' crescent and a star.

Misconception.

Colour of crescent and star depicts flying hours. initially it is white, 2000 blue and 3000 red.

Back
Top Bottom