What's new

Painter MF Husain dies in London MF Husain passes awayANI - 41 minu

Masterchief

Reaction score
A great tragedy has fallen upon us, the great MF Hussain is dead, may his soul RIP.

Inna lillahi wa inna illaihi rajeion.,,RIP

RIP .......

mfhusainaskmeany.jpg

MF Husain, India's best known contemporary painter, has died in London. India should grieve for two reasons. At 95, he was active and had lots of painting left in him. And he died in exile, unhappy with the way his home country had treated him.

Husain had been in exile since 2006, when he was attacked by rightist groups angry with his portrayal of Hindu deities. Last year, he was offered Qatari citizenship. But his heart remained in India, and in interviews, spoke fondly of what this country meant to him.

PHOTOS: LEGEND CALLED MF HUSAIN

CNN-IBN reported from London that he was admitted only two days ago for fluid retention in his lungs, and but had otherwise been"in fairly good health".

Arun Vadhera, a friend who visited him at Royal Brompton Hospital yesterday, said he had been cheerful, talking about eating out at a restaurant soon after his discharge. "He really really missed India a lot," he told a TV channel.

He popularized modern art in India, painter S G Vasudev told a Bangalore news channel.

^ Wrong my friend ... this world has lost a great artist ... I feel sorry for my fellow Indians as he belongs to India...

NEW DELHI (AP) — News reports say that Maqbool Fida Hussain, India's most famous modern painter, has died in London. He was 95.
CNN-IBN TV is quoting a friend, Arun Vadehra, as saying that Hussain died at Royal Brompton hospital in London on Thursday.
Hussain had lived in self-imposed exile in Dubai since 2005 after coming under attack from Hindu hard-liners in India for a nude painting of a woman shaped like India's map.
No details of the cause of his death were immediately known.
Hussain was a former movie billboard artist who rose to become India's most sought-after painter, whose work commanded price tags running into millions of dollars. His paintings and even his simple pencil sketches became status symbols for India's wealthy elite.

The Associated Press: Famous Indian painter M.F. Hussain is dead

Back
Top Bottom