What's new

Pak acts tough: seeks 38demands, India-like civil nukedeal

Nelson

Reaction score
Islamabad: Setting tough conditions for re-engagement with the US, a Pakistani Parliamentary commission today demanded an end to CIA-operated drone strikes and a civil nuclear deal similar to the Indo-US agreement besides 38 other demands.

Asking US to "review its footsteps in Pakistan", the panel report was put forth as the Pakistani Parliament began a crucial joint sitting to debate the recommendations for a revamp of the country's foreign policy and ties with the US.

Read the full article here:

Pak acts tough seeks 38 demands India like civil nuke deal

Pakistan seeks end to drone strikes, civil nuclear deal like Indo-US-The Economic Times

I think US is asking for military action in North Waziristan that's why they are doing drone attacks.

The recommendations further claimed that the Indo-US civil nuclear agreement had "significantly altered strategic balance in the region. Therefore, Pakistan should seek from the US and others a similar treatment/facility."

"The strategic position of Pakistan vis-a-vis India on the subject of Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty must not be compromised and this principle be kept in view in negotiations on this matter,"Rabbani said.

Wow!

Somebody tell this lady that there's a difference between India and Pakistan. Their status and credibility. That's why US is not doing that deal with Pakistan. Please somebody tell her that.

Islamabad: Setting tough conditions for re-engagement with the US, a Pakistani Parliamentary commission today demanded an end to CIA-operated drone strikes and a civil nuclear deal similar to the Indo-US agreement besides 38 other demands.

Asking US to "review its footsteps in Pakistan", the panel report was put forth as the Pakistani Parliament began a crucial joint sitting to debate the recommendations for a revamp of the country's foreign policy and ties with the US.

Of course Pakistan can demand all it wants; how much it actually gets is the real test of success.

Lets hope Pakistan continues having some backbone. I remember when routes were closed many on here thought they would be reopened within a month or so.

The air route is still open thru Pakistani air space and if members on this forum are to be believed, so are informal routes thru Pakistan-Afghan border ...

Of course Pakistan can demand all it wants; how much it actually gets is the real test of success.
Right. I do not see any success for Pakistan for the nuclear deal mainly because of its bad record. May be the drones will stop but its a wild guess.

Pak acts tough seeks 38 demands India like civil nuke deal

Pakistan seeks end to drone strikes, civil nuclear deal like Indo-US-The Economic Times

so does that mean Pakistan has agreed to open Nato supply routes but the question is how much US & NATO are ready to give

drones might go & they might get some more F-16's & Apache's but Neuk deal like india ...i dont think so

so does that mean Pakistan has agreed to open Nato supply routs
Obviously. The people who think otherwise are in dreams and far from reality.

I think US will make Pakistan to open the routes and won't listen to any of the demands. That's how it works in real world.

Only for public consumption, they know neither they can stop US nor they will nuke deal.

I think US will make Pakistan to open the routes and won't listen to any of the demands. That's how it works in real world.

The 1 billion world bank aid announced yesterday will have something to do with it though...

Really so sad how can friends do that to there non NATO ally

The 1 billion world bank aid announced yesterday will have something to do with it though...
I was just gonna mention that. Thank you.

You see, its all about the money. But Pakistan is expecting too much if they are looking for a same "India like" treatment. India has earned it and never demanded. That's the first lesson they need to learn.

"a civil nuclear deal similar to the Indo-US agreement besides 38 other demands"

after being rejected so many times pakistan keeps asking for similar treatment as with india and many pakistani brothers still talk about india whining about pakistan shiiiish.......

Wow!

Somebody tell this lady that there's a difference between India and Pakistan. Their status and credibility. That's why US is not doing that deal with Pakistan. Please somebody tell her that.

Not really contrary to you Indians assertions you want to be Americas proxy. Pakistan does not.

yes lets wait and see

The air route is still open thru Pakistani air space and if members on this forum are to be believed, so are informal routes thru Pakistan-Afghan border ...

yea and your evidence is???

Back
Top Bottom