What's new

Pak Army Uniform undergoing major redesigning.

311646_204814932912426_100001517633092_592065_2240092_n.jpg

This is a very low priority item considering the issues at hand.
Combat gear and accessories should be the priority.

Sadly i see a multitude of uniforms being sported by the military, a bit too much as it was already; to introduce one more will make it a cocktail of uniforms.
I think few times i saw Kayani in a uniform which was not known to me as any previously issued uniform.

Now speaking from cost to benefit ratio, i do not consider this justified keeping in mind our constraints.
To spend money on this is not something i would have wanted the military to do at this point in time.
Focus should be on improving the combat gear.

Like all military procurement in Pakistan.. everything moves ridiculously slow unless some .. "chai pani" is given.
personal experience when trying to supply construction equipment.

AG, guud to see you again,where have you been?AG see, there was a time when the soldiers would wear 'sooti' cloth uniform and the officers would wear 'raishmi'. Only soldiers who could afford or the senior NCOs/JCOs would purchase the raishmi cloth, rest all would stick to the sarkari issued uniform. The result, well you could tell apart an officer and soldier by their uniforms.Then came the camo, it didnt change much, officers would buy the cloth and men would b issued readymade unis. The difference in quality, cloth and stiching waa quite large.Then the sarkari issue to men was stopped, they would get paid instead. Officer were purchasing cloth already, now the men could also do it. Now i would buy the cloth from CSD, you would do it from Janjua tailors, others would do it from the local market - all of these would have a different shade. We tried but couldnt prevent it, do numbri everywhere. Also the stiching was varied. The janjua, unit tailor or the local tailor, all would just try to make the uniform right, none were successful though.Now, the same cloth and the same standard of stich for everyone. Today the recruit in the unit wears exactly the same uniform that Gen Kiyani does.As for the cost, well new uniforms are implemented in phases allowing for the expiry of old uniform's life. You know what i mean?

Has anyone noticed that he "Rakish" style of wearing the beret seems to have vanished after Kiyani took over? We are now wearing the beret the old way, tight and close to the top of the head.

i thought the berets have become smaller!!!. But good observation. Previously, it was going way up at the end.

I think they look sharp!

Uniforms are more important than people believe. It's a psychological thing. When you and your buddies look sharp, look the same, you feel better about yourself and work better as a team.

When an enemy considers your troops, they form subconscious thoughts... are these guys cohesive, well trained? Good uniforms do help. Especially combat gear. No one cares too much about a dress uniform, but when you see guys like this, you sit up and take notice.

surge10a.jpg

Pakistan-army.jpg

ustroopsiraqAP_450x250.jpg

As opposed to Rabble:
tal-aiban1.bmp

yup, a fear factor then gets into the enemy, a badass look always gives a psychological effect.

Bad-*** look also helps the morale of the troops in the field. They know what is the effect they are having on the enemy. Smart looking soldiers raises the esprit de corps and does wonders for self esteem of a soldier.

Has anyone noticed that he "Rakish" style of wearing the beret seems to have vanished after Kiyani took over? We are now wearing the beret the old way, tight and close to the top of the head.

^^ yeah..

This 'style' had more to do with personal choice. The Armor Boyz would do it more. Now i think, the 'ceremonial' (if any of it was left) touch has been done away with and professionalism has taken over, so less style and more output.

I dunno why, but it hurts bad when you see someone wearing digital camo.
My visit to Government Head Quarters, and Embassy of Pakistan in Riyadh on Saturday was horrible. Not only cause the saudi troops were wearing digital camo but they APCs were digital camo too.

And ah, the unforgettable checkposts!! The digital camo painted on them, was around 4-5 feet long! Was too stupid! And back at embassy, just solid color uniforms by our men was heart-breaking again.

Bad-*** look also helps the morale of the troops in the field. They know what is the effect they are having on the enemy. Smart looking soldiers raises the esprit de corps and does wonders for self esteem of a soldier.

I want to disagree a little with this thought.
With Bad_*** looks one have to also consider about the reputation.You have to keep up to it.
If you sometime hit hard, it will be a great de moralizing factor.

I think they look sharp!

Uniforms are more important than people believe. It's a psychological thing. When you and your buddies look sharp, look the same, you feel better about yourself and work better as a team.

When an enemy considers your troops, they form subconscious thoughts... are these guys cohesive, well trained? Good uniforms do help. Especially combat gear. No one cares too much about a dress uniform, but when you see guys like this, you sit up and take notice.

ustroopsiraqAP_450x250.jpg

How psychologically does this impact Taliban? I want to know...

it is need of the hour,not only to change the artifacts, but also change the uniform colour, it always help when you want to give a different image of the organization, or want to change the perception of the organization. and it is needed right now by our armed forces very badly, furthermore, it would be a step further away from British legacy...

the perfect ofcourse would be to discard the whole British legacy, and have a uniform with artifacts of our own...and with a history of our own starting from, lets say from now ?....like revolutionary guard of Iran....that is a cultural change of the organization....

No Doubt, I'd say Pakistan Army should adorn a Uniform worthy of the Grandeur of the Musim Commanders of our glorious past!

Ofcourse the previous one would look more familiar and hence "better" to the common Pakistani's or the senior army personnel. But it all comes down to what is made famous!

A Practical, Robust, Convenient and Traditional Muslim Design should become the Armour of every soldier now! Pakistan Army is a part of a Sacred Army! May Allah show the world this Truth!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom