What's new

PAK-FA : photos and videos

Indians can do better.

But Indian people will start crying if India ever invested $15Billion in domestic heavy aircraft project in a serious way.

They are already crying - LCA is waste, Kaveri is waste. Blah blah.

dude we have limited no. of resources plz think what u posting
we can not afford these failures .because even these failures need lot momey
but in my view LCA & kaveri r not failures .

Photoshopped pics without wheels..

Last edited:
tv nozzels looks weired for 5th gen ...but i gess they are gonna put a new engine...

Work on 2 dimentional nozzles is underway, although i'm not sure if it will be included in the final design.

according to Evgeniy Marchukov, work in the area of exhaust system is underway. Development of the two-dimensional nozzle and reverse thrust ((REVERS)) is at the stage of publishing the engineering documentation.

Roy's Russian Aircraft Resource

T50_IMG_1468.jpg

T50_IMG_1472.jpg

So much like the SU27 family!

^ Wasn't the PAK FA meant to have 3D TVC?

Nothing is known for sure, the nozzles may end up resembling the ones used on the F-22, even if Sukhoi does us Raptor style nozzles ( two dimentional) it doesn't mean it will be limited to 2D TVC.

Last edited:
Nothing is known for sure, the nozzles may end up resembling the ones used on the F-22, even if Sukhoi does us Raptor style nozzles it( two dimentional) doesn't mean it will be limited to 2D TVC.

Yes .. i agree on that if you look at the rear wing cuts there is ample space for manuvering of nozzle not only on the Y-axis but also on the X-Axis :coffee:

Last edited:
So much like the SU27 family!

The only similarities the PAK-FA has with the SU-27 is its widley spaced engines and maybe the bottom fusalage but even then its not exactly the same.

i aint a expert but dont you guys think that the engine placement should have been little laterally on the fuselage...so that to get more space for the internal weapons bay???

dude we have limited no. of resources plz think what u posting
we can not afford these failures .because even these failures need lot momey
but in my view LCA & kaveri r not failures .

First point is not true. India has LOT of money but most is wasted on imports.

Your second and third point contradict each other.

Now, next you will say Arjun MBT is a failure.

DRDO is not suffering from lack of talent. But problem is lack of huge funding to take up core projects in serious manner.

One of DRDO senior has said in public - "We are not making TR modules on large scale because of lack of money. Ministry prefers to import than investing on domestic manufacture".

Those AESA radars are fully within Indian capabilities. If Indians can make Intel Chip, then why not TR modules?

Duh! Problem is not talent. Problem is focus of corrupt babus and money.

Even the funding for Agni-V came very late. Agni-III was ready 2 years back.

DRDO's budget is only 20% of money India spends on imports per year.

And, second problem is, DRDO is under MoD(ministry of defense). It should be under PMO(Prime minister office) just like ISRO is.

Last edited:
Indians can do better.

But Indian people will start crying if India ever invested $15Billion in domestic heavy aircraft project in a serious way.

They are already crying - LCA is waste, Kaveri is waste. Blah blah.

India can do better? thats pretty evident from Tejas lol. Dont wana go there though anyway.

Seems like a very stealthy plane, even compared to the f-22, note that the rudders are smaller. however, the landing gears and the TV nozzles look kinda crude. The physical characteristics seems to be based quite alot on the F-22 overall.

Nevertheless an excellent achievement. That oughta decrease the United States global air superiority with the f-22 to some extent. Congrats to all Russians fellas!

Back
Top Bottom