What's new

Pak film industry committee demands complete ban on Indian movies' screenin

please come up with solid ideas not just for yes or no.

PLease why Indian movies should be banned why not Hollywood or other film industry movie.

Pakistan comes first. If indian movies are hurting Pakistan's film industry then they should be banned right away..no questions asked. Just do it. Ban those awful vulgar indian films in Pak Sarzameen.

Pakistan comes first. If indian movies are hurting Pakistan's film industry then they should be banned right away..no questions asked. Just do it. Ban those awful vulgar indian films in Pak Sarzameen.

Then how will Pakistanis get to watch Veena Malik :lol:

A Couple of Patriotic War Movies like Border from Bollywood and that Will End Pak Film Industry's Problem. Patriotic Pakistanis Will never dare to Watch. :woot:

I strongly disagree with Mr Syed Noor, He should understand the concept of a very basic phenomena called "supply and demand" A importer / distributor will only purchase an item if it gives him a break even (lets not talk about profit), An item and it's demand is directly related to the quality, customer satisfaction, customer awareness and marketing involved during the product life cycle.

What Mr Noor conveniently forgets is that movies such as Bol (Pakistani production) have outsold even Hollywood block busters such as Fast 5, Rio 3D, Avatar 3D just to name a few and even Bollywood movies such as Mausam (recent example), Singham and others saw a sudden dip in audience and were removed from the screen because of the same concept i.e. Supply and Demand, If exhibitor (Cinema Operator) had seen a demand for a movie it would keep on playing, In our theater Bol has been on screen for the longest period of time and it's perhaps the only movie for which our customers demand to put more shows of it.

What will achieve by banning Bollywood movies? realistically speaking will the quality of movies locally produce increase ten folds? Will local movie industry be willing to pay for hundred's if not thousand's of employee's directly related to either distributor and exhibitor if their business take a steep nose dive due to lack of sales?

I write about this with passion because i am working in the industry, I know that we have talent, I know that even in Bollywood movie schools our classics such as Tanhayan and Alpha Bravo Charlie are shown (can someone from India confirm this as i got to learn this from a student from one of the film schools). I also know that Bol was critically acclaimed in India and i know if our audience is given a quality material they will watch it and if it's not good they will reject it.

Hi, this is an interesting approach for stiffling competition. If you cannot make a similar product that can compete, simply legislate the competition away. Bollywood has a lot more money than Lollywood, and that is the plain truth. As such they can spend more on production, pay actors more, and have better costumes and sets, which results in a better product.

What is the Pakistani industry going to ban next? Cars, electronics, medicines? Come one get real; one needs to improve their products continuously, and this is only facilitated through fair and open competition.

Hi, this is an interesting approach for stiffling competition. If you cannot make a similar product that can compete, simply legislate the competition away. Bollywood has a lot more money than Lollywood, and that is the plain truth. As such they can spend more on production, pay actors more, and have better costumes and sets, which results in a better product.

What is the Pakistani industry going to ban next? Cars, electronics, medicines? Come one get real; one needs to improve their products continuously, and this is only facilitated through fair and open competition.

The thing that Pakistani producers and directors has to realize is that they have access to huge market in India now. Bol received critical acclaim in India too and I think it was commercial success. How much would it have cost to make such a film? Few hits in India and your industry would be making so much money they would have never seen before.

Instead of whining, they should get together and ask for help from Indian counterparts. Do some joint collaborations, develop the expertise in your own country. Its a huge opportunity. I feel bad that they are being nationalistic (vanity) and completely bypassing a golden chance.

I can't help but think all these protesters are lazy bunch who either think they are too superior to learn from Indians or can't put in an effort to learn their business. It even gives the impression to general public that they can't compete with Indians.

The problem is that Indian film industry is bloody huge and even if they come out with 10 flops a year it would not matter that much, Do you think with any of the movies coming out from our industry anyone would be willing to sponsor them? I guess not, But if Mr Shoaib Mansoor starts looking for a sponsor for his next movie i am sure he would get them, First establish your credibility by giving quality stuff and doors will open for our movie makers.

These so called landlords of Pakistani movie industry are not willing to budge when it comes to their story, direction, production, dances, action and everything but yet they whine if they don't get a good response from public?

Yes please do it...we dont want our enemies to get entertained by our finest cinema

they only deserve :lol:ywood torture

Back
Top Bottom