What's new

Pak, India fall in HDI Rankings, BD forges ahead

Only dumb people care about these rankings.

Nope as it gives a good indication of the quality of life that the population have in the respective countries.

Another data source to cross reference with other data like GDP per capita etc.

take it with pinch of salt all BS index

Sri Lanka still ranks so high even now that shows the credibility of the list

other data source to cross reference with other data like GDP per capita etc.

GDP per capita isn't as it wrongly assumes everything in the world costs the same everywhere which is far from reality. Eg if I make around 2000 usd in major US cities I won't even make bare living but if I earn that much in India I can live like a king on that.

Thank you neutrals. Also I am surprised at how good Sri Lanka is doing despite the economic crisis.

It's gonna fall even further this year with monstrous floods and 30-50 million fully/partially displaced people and soaring inflation and political instability.
yeah, no wonder Pakistani people are so angry with the state of affairs rn - governments just did not care one bit for the future of our country

anger built up over the years, in the end, now everyone's angry and looking for a fight or a change, looking at neutrals we might just end up fighting
you never know

Eg if I make around 2000 usd in major US cities I won't even make bare living but if I earn that much in India I can live like a king on that.
I am assuming you are talking about 2000 USD a month?

@Abid123 @INS_Vikrant

Thank you neutrals.

This rank is based on 2021 numbers when Kaptaan sb was PM. You can "credit" Pak's next year HDI ratings to Neutrals and the Importeds.

Also I am surprised at how good Sri Lanka is doing despite the economic crisis.

HDI rating is heavily skewed by stuff like healthcare, education and lifespan etc. SL's achievements in these indices is no fluff. Besides, these are based on 2021 numbers which was before the crisis. I suspect it will have a fall in next year ratings but will still remain ahead of the South Asian pack.

Regards

I’m sure living standard and HDI of dha etc is lumber 1.
Awam is happy to be at 161 or more, koi masla he na ha janab

@RiazHaq @UKBengali @Wood

World set back by 5 years on development indices
India falls from 132 to 131 mainly on back of 2.5 years reduction in life expectancy
BD forges ahead from 140 to 129
Pak falls from 154 to 161- in low HDI category now

Regards
HDI rankings don’t matter, overall index value matters more. Because it’s an index which is measured for the whole world, like a classroom full of students, it won’t matter what’s your rank if the lowest marks scored by a student is for example 97/100. Your overall marks will matter. That’s how I look Human Development Index.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom