What's new

Pak Navy test-fires missile from warship

Once again pathetic attitude shown by our defense organizations. There guessing game never ends.Starting with shaheen 1A and now with this missile. Totally pathetic.

He asked for the range- not your personal preference- for you hard aswell i guess-

Yaraaa tumm larkii seh isss tarhaaan kiii baat karooo geiii ! :angry:

People the article talks about a 'miniaturized nuclear warhead' !

Noon question : Can we miniaturize a tactical nuke to a small enough size to fit on top the C-802/3 ?

BABUR LACM CONFIRMED

A Navy spokesman confirmed “multiple platforms were engaged” in firing missiles. The firings took place on Dec. 19 and 21.

AM
The Navy statement suggests that the LACM test was one of multiple missile launches - the other missile launches were probably of the standard AShM's like the C-802/3, Harpoon, Exocet etc.

There you go guys, looks like the C-802. ??

pak-navy-test-fires-missile-from-warship-1356098899-4920.jpg

.....so its just a routine testing of a newly inducted missile boat!

KARACHI: Pakistan Navy test-fired a long-range missile from a warship on Friday, Geo News reported.

Pakistan Navy Chief Admiral Asif Sandila along with Chairman Nescom witnessed the firing of the missile.

Pak Navy Chief on this occasion said that the successful firing of the missile was a testimony of the professional acumen and insurmountable capability of the warship. He said that the officers and soldiers of the Pak Navy deserve compliments.

Admiral Asif Sandila further said that Pakistan Navy was ever ready to meet any challenges. He added that the government was aware of the needs of the Pak Navy and efforts are afoot to address them.

Pak Navy test-fires missile from warship - geo.tv

On the down side in 2006..a C-802 fired by Hezbollah on a Israeli corvette ..cause very minimal damage to it..even after scoring a direct hit.

Stop distorting facts please !

News reports indicate that this was the missile used[11] on July 14, 2006 in the 2006 Lebanon War when Hezbollah fired two at Israeli warships.[12][13] One missile hit the corvette INS Hanit, causing significant damage and four fatalities.[14]The Hanit suffered severe damage, but stayed afloat, got itself out of the line of fire, and made the rest of the journey back to Ashdod for repairs on its own.[15]

Credibility? Implications? Anyone?

Well , to begin with , neither Exocet nor Harpoon and C802/3/5 can be considered as some sort of long range missiles and the chairman of NESCOM doesn't have that much free time to witness the usual and frequent testing of those missiles ... So either it was a new missile developed by the NESCOM ( speculated Babur II ) or the media has trolled once again ... I for one , will give PN the advantage of the doubt since they do not do it very often ...

Stop distorting facts please !

News reports indicate that this was the missile used[11] on July 14, 2006 in the 2006 Lebanon War when Hezbollah fired two at Israeli warships.[12][13] One missile hit the corvette INS Hanit, causing significant damage and four fatalities.[14]The Hanit suffered severe damage, but stayed afloat, got itself out of the line of fire, and made the rest of the journey back to Ashdod for repairs on its own.[15]

This is what happens, when people just use Wikipedia and not their brains along with it.

Do you even know how big a corvette is ? It is but slightly larger than a large Patrol craft...measuring little over 80 mtrs and weighing little over 1000 tons.

A direct hit from a missile carrying 165 Kg warhead, should have simply broken such a small ship into two.

For comparison take the example of British Amazon class frigates(which incidentally were bought from Britain and designated as destroyers in Pakistani Navy) in Faklands war. Direct hit from single Exocet missile(which is similar to C-802) was enough to sink the frigate, which happens to much bigger and heavier than a corvette.

A direct C-802 hit should have completely destroyed the INS Hanit..instead it not only survived but limped back to base on its own power.

One can only imagine, how insufficient will a C-802 to be against heavier units such as destroyers and carriers.

A direct C-802 hit should have completely destroyed the INS Hanit..instead it not only survived but limped back to base on its own power.

Then again it isn't established with certainty if the missile in question was even C802 or an Iranian copy of it since Tehran bought a limited number of those missile in the 90's and couldn't afford to provide Hezbollah some of them :azn: ... and as usual there isn't much information available on it or the attack , the Israelis later blamed their own personnels on the ship for the hit ...

But where did the missile hit or was it even direct ? :azn:

P.S Possibly you didn't read my post carefully or perhaps didn't understand it ... I was just disproving your " minimal damage " theory when in fact the Hanit was lucky to make it back after having suffered severe damage without any mention of what sort of missile that was , since it hasn't been proven yet if it was C802 or Noor or any other missile ... The repairs took months afterwards and the missile hit despite all the sophisticated systems on board such as Barak 1 , Phalanx CIWS and Israeli Jammers ...

Noon question : Can we miniaturize a tactical nuke to a small enough size to fit on top the C-802/3 ?

Why exactly would you want to do that ? :what: ... What advantage would it offer over the current systems in service with the Pakistan Army ?

Just asking how far can we miniaturize these nukes ? :D

To the best of my knowledge , if nuclear torpedo and artillery can be made then even the C802/3/5 can be modified to fit a miniaturized warhead ... :D and now I come to think of that , yes it can offer some sort of low cost capability to target ships with shot/hit probability as high as 98% ... Because of C802's powerful anti jamming , sea skimming capability , inertial guidance and small radar reflectivity which makes the missile a lethal weapon in the arsenal ...

To the best of my knowledge , if nuclear torpedo and artillery can be made then even the C802/3/5 can be modified to fit a miniaturized warhead ... :D and now I come to think of that , yes it can offer some sort of low cost capability to target ships with hit/kill probability as high as 98% ... Because of C802's powerful anti jamming , sea skimming capability , inertial guidance and small radar reflectivity which makes the missile a lethal weapon in the arsenal ...

I was thinking more of a tactical nuke type warhead that targets a ship but instead of securing a hit it just explodes somewhere in the vicinity of it taking everything in say a 200m radius !

Can we do that without using much more costly Cruise Missiles !

Back
Top Bottom