What's new

Pak quietly opens Karachi port to Indian wheat for Afghanistan

Sometimes I wish India and Pakistan become friends. That will solve all our problems. No more China threat, no unwanted American cooperation, No terrorism. Economic boom in secure condition, good relations with Afghanistan, access to resources etc etc :tup:
Yes, Its very good thing.
The start should be made by India being big country, and offer financial help for IP pipeline.

India is doing good and targeting the correct source of terrorism.... very soon mid day meals in School will be sponsored by India for Afghan kids

School enrolment in your country has increased from 1 million to 7 million since 2002 and enrolment of girls has doubled over the past four years.

I know that it is your topmost priority to put every child in school and keep him or her there. In India the mid-day meal scheme has been very successful in our schools. We have been supplying fortified biscuits to Afghan school children for the last few years.

But what we teach our children is equally important. In India we have recently overhauled the school curriculum. What children learn in school should be related to their lives outside it. They should imbibe a sense of nationhood and values of tolerance and respect for others. They should be taught about the importance of the environment. Education should stimulate and open their minds to creative thought and imagination. The hopes and dreams of our nations rest on the little shoulders of our children. So we need to teach them well.

I know that Afghanistan has made strides in providing health care to its people over the past decade. We would be happy to strengthen the Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health and the work of our medical missions in different provinces.

Building infrastructure is another challenge. We have tried to provide such assistance as we could to provide electricity and roads in Afghanistan.

I am happy that the transmission line built from Pul-e-Khumri is now bringing a steady supply of electricity to the capital.

I am happy that the sacrifices made in building the Zaranj - Delaram highway have not gone in vain. The population of Zaranj has increased. Trade is thriving and customs revenues have grown.

PM's address at the Joint Session of the Parliament of Afghanistan : Speeches : Prime Minister of India - Dr. Manmohan Singh

Afghanistan and Pakistan have entered into a trade and transit agreement, which was not extended to India due to Islamabad’s concerns. However, it does allow Afghanistan duty-free access on a list of goods across Torkham and Chaman transit points.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░██░██████░██████░░██░░
░░██░░░██░░░██░░░██░░░░░░██░░
░░██░█░██░░░██░░░████░░░░██░░
░░███████░░░██░░░██░░░░░░░░░░
░░░██░██░░░░██░░░██░░░░░░██░░

Why duty free & free routes to these back stabbers??? :angry:

There was athread some days back where some said pak will never allow etc.
I had said MFN is first step and transit will follow .
The pak cowboys said that India is so dependant on pak for this. Well diplomacy is enough and ensure that army is kept in its place by civvies

Don't be over confident, It's our effort to normalize the relation, and yes India is dependent on Pakistan because short route is Pakistan. This is the most annoying pathetic bullying nature of some incredible bhartiis like you who think India can do everything to it's smaller neighbors.

New Delhi, in fact, has been quite surprised by the response from Islamabad allowing the Indian wheat to Afghanistan. In the past year, the two sides have made remarkable progress on the trade front with Islamabad taking an important step to move from a positive to a negative list of items, moving forward on the most favoured nation issue and also exchanging high-level visit to resolve contentious issues. At Pakistan’s request, India too has made a cautious start at resuming back-channel talks, a report in the Indian media said on Sunday.

thats good this would stop the black marketing of weat to afghan form pasktian and the prices would drop in pakistan sould import eat daily and vegitable to pakstaian specily cow love beef mate :P

░░██░░░██░██████░██████░░██░░
░░██░░░██░░░██░░░██░░░░░░██░░
░░██░█░██░░░██░░░████░░░░██░░
░░███████░░░██░░░██░░░░░░░░░░
░░░██░██░░░░██░░░██░░░░░░██░░

Why duty free & free routes to these back stabbers??? :angry:

so you want to tax food going to people who need it ? you should consider a job in PR :rolleyes:

so you want to tax food going to people who need it ? you should consider a job in PR :rolleyes:

My comment was not for this specific wheat transit and furthermore we are already bearing the burden of afghan refugees and top of that we are not a rich country, India can pay these tax on their behalf to maintain her PR

However, it does allow Afghanistan duty-free access on a list of goods across Torkham and Chaman transit points.

another conpiracy theory, pakistan doesnt need to 'open port', wagha port is also there :lol:

also there is chahbahr ;)

Don't be over confident, It's our effort to normalize the relation, and yes India is dependent on Pakistan because short route is Pakistan. This is the most annoying pathetic bullying nature of some incredible bhartiis like you who think India can do everything to it's smaller neighbors.
i know that short route is thru pak.. but you guys were arrogant in saying that this will never happen etc and blackmailing. but i sid.. look its gonna happen. and looks like its gonna happen.. so shove it all... hahahahaha

Good move....more wheat for Afghanistan, less hunger...:tup:

Meray khudd kay desh wassi bhookhay so rahey hai, aur yeh chaley hamari depleted rescources khairaat meh baanney. Just read the News paper today about my Punjab will have more than $ hors of load shedding everyday. Just because our congress want to send some power to Bangladesh and Pakistan. "The whole congress is full of appeasers." Aisay hee inhonay hamaray desh kay tukrday kiyeh thay, churchill kay saath milkay.

I am getting this feeling that we might be a friendly nation afterall. I want good relationship with Pakistan and looks like it will happen.

Back
Top Bottom