What's new

Pak singer Adnan Sami applies for Indian citizenship

Won't he be eligible for Naturalisation? From what I remember, he had a problem with citizenship was because of some dispute over property after his marriage went sour.

From the Government website,
Indian Citizenship Ministry of Home Affairs

(5) By Naturalisation (Section 6)
Citizenship of India by naturalization can be acquired by a foreigner (not illegal migrant) who is ordinarily resident in India forTWELVE YEARS (throughout the period of twelve months immediately preceding the date of application and for ELEVEN YEARS in the aggregate in the FOURTEEN YEARS preceding the twelve months) and other qualifications as specified in Third Schedule to the Act. Application shall be made in Form-XII.

In my opinion, he has made outstanding contributions in the field of art in India and it would be my honour to count him as a fellow Indian.

First of all he is holding Canadian Citizenship. So he is already ex. Pakistani. Please correct your heading

Doesn't Pakistan allow dual citizenship?

First of all he is holding Canadian Citizenship. So he is already ex. Pakistani. Please correct your heading
He is a Pakistani, holding a Pakistani doesn't make him of Canadian Origin :lol:

He is a Pakistani, holding a Pakistani doesn't make him of Canadian Origin :lol:
of course he's Pakistani, he took Canadian passport to trick hindu authorities.... just shoot him... please.
This is perhaps thread # 2 or 3 on this subject from past many days.

Actually he wanted to get the citizenship earlier, and had asked Advani for help. But Advani told him.." come in queu.."
..next in line.....
..Rahat Fathe Ali Khan
..Atif Aslam...
but they may apply after staying in India for more than 5 years....
...but how does it matter..they live in India..make a living out of India...:-)

Rahat and Atif are Pakistani, Adnan sami is not Pakistani

Won't he be eligible for Naturalisation? From what I remember, he had a problem with citizenship was because of some dispute over property after his marriage went sour.

From the Government website,
Indian Citizenship Ministry of Home Affairs

(5) By Naturalisation (Section 6)
Citizenship of India by naturalization can be acquired by a foreigner (not illegal migrant) who is ordinarily resident in India forTWELVE YEARS (throughout the period of twelve months immediately preceding the date of application and for ELEVEN YEARS in the aggregate in the FOURTEEN YEARS preceding the twelve months) and other qualifications as specified in Third Schedule to the Act. Application shall be made in Form-XII.

In my opinion, he has made outstanding contributions in the field of art in India and it would be my honour to count him as a fellow Indian.

Doesn't Pakistan allow dual citizenship?

Only if person apply and he didn't.

Who is that Pakistani he hold in India?

Only if person apply and he didn't.

Who is that Pakistani he hold in India?
Holding a Canadian passport does not make him a person of Canadian origin.

I am unable to edit that post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom