What's new

Pak to give India railway access to Central Asian states

Well if pakistan is seriously considering to see a stable Afghanistan then it should allow Indian rail access to AFG.

As someone pointed out that providing security could be billed, I say go ahead, we are not short of money. We can pay for that and it would also be a revenue earning venture for pak army, to provide security to Indian commercial assets. It is a win win situation for Pak, Ind and Afg.

Before giving passage to Indian govt, Govt of Pak should ask them resolve basic issues of water and Siachin. Which been occupied by Indian forces and its not old case, these are most recent one.
I am surprise how the hell PPP govt is listening Indian govt, who is bullying Pakistan on lots of major issues.
Indian need to show good will before getting any passage, when on one side Indian is using Afghan land as launching pad against anti Pak activities and unstable Baluchistan.

Before giving passage to Indian govt, Govt of Pak should ask them resolve basic issues of water and Siachin. Which been occupied by Indian forces and its not old case, these are most recent one.
I am surprise how the hell PPP govt is listening Indian govt, who is bullying Pakistan on lots of major issues.

Bhai jaan I believe, commercial interests must be kept intact and ego and farse issues must be kept aside. This is the basic law of doing business. Maybe that is why pakistanis are not so good businessmen. (forbes list etc)

There is already a treaty on water the Indus water treaty. GOI is not blocking your water but diverting them to tunnels of hydro power stations and letting the water to flow unobstructedly into pak.

As I said no emotional issues in business. Else Next time the issue will be locked in a case like we wont allow access untill some hypothetical army man apologises to some alleged rape victim as allegedly reported in some pakistani news paper.

There is already a treaty on water the Indus water treaty. GOI is not blocking your water but diverting them to tunnels of hydro power stations and letting the water to flow unobstructedly into pak.

Indus treaty does not even allow to disturb the flow rate. Things are not that easy as you think.

As I said before, Pakistan will look into its interests before allowing anybody passage through its territory.

But I am simply amazed with the timing of the news and please keep in mind that its reported in Pakistani Newspaper itself not in Indian newspapers. Now I would like some of the esteemed members here to please answer few of my questions.

1. Why did this news hit the headlines, when Pakistani diplomats and Kiyani sahab himself are in US for negotiation about Nuke deal and 35 billion$ bill?

2. When did India made a request for railway access, as claimed by few members here, any authentic source for it?

3. Could it be a US ploy to disengage India and Iran from doing trade via chabahar port? Another thing could be to disengage India from establishing under sea gas pipeline from Iran to India?

As I see it, India will carry on with its trade with Afghanistan and Central Asian countries, be it through pakistan or through Iran. So India/Pakistan/US interests are pretty much tied up with each other and believe me Nuke deal for Pakistan will not come so easily. Each party will negotiate its interests..

I would like what other learned members here think about it and please honest and calm answers only.

On the contrary, there is no gaurantee that some day an illeterate abdul wont show up and blow himself up for the khidmat of jeehad and thus could damaging indian property.

This rail funda wont work.

Keep the rabid BR lingo off this forum - if you can't, then the bigots at BR are waiting with their arms open for you.

India has been left out of the Iran gas pipeline deal, it's clay footed in Afghanistan in fact gradually pulling out of that country, has swallowed the bitter pill of surgical strikes, Ajmal Kasab has receded into archive shelves, despite all the hooray Henrys , there is news of a Pakistan America nuclear deal materializing, and still India asks Pakistan for a railway corridor, one wonders if the issue of Kashmir is in making. ;)

Maybe we should explore the possibility of underground by pass from Atari to Pashtunistan and then to AFG. As in case of Iran India pipeline being mulled for an underground alternative.

Well it may cost more but when will we utilise our 9+ percent growth rate? Money is never an issue for us, just a few thousand crores more. And it will avoid suicide bombings as well. All in all maybe weird but a possible alternative to do business in pak.

If that's the case, then the first shipment on the railway should be the Indian Farmers as your 9% growth will seldom benefit them.

Let me clear few things....
1- PPP and ANP are anti Pakistan parties...... and what Blor has offered is rail transit to indians... it no where mentions central asia states or any new rail tracks.
Pakistan has recently connected its railway to Europe via Iran and Turkey and this is what blor is offering.
2 -Off course india can also offload in Iran and continue to central asian by road and this will be double bonus for indians.
3-India already enjoy free transit through Pakistan though not widely published or appreciated and did not helped a bit towards peace.
Hence all the talk of Pakistan charging india or it may help in regional peace etc. etc. is hogwash.
4- At present level of corruption in Pakistan is so high that indians can offload all their coaches at wahga and people of Pakistan will never know about it...there are already complains from locla manufacturers that indian trucks passing Pakistan for Afghanistan are actually offloading in Pakistan and markets are flooded with indian cosmetics etc. and their exist no record of such trade other than secret transit trade to Afghanistan via Pakistan motor way.

It really does not matter what we wish or say... in today's Pakistan any thing is possible for a price.
Don't we see Iran electricty is much cheaper than rental thermal power but govt. is hel bent on thermal power, simply because iranian offer lack kick back.

Let me clear few things....
1- PPP and ANP are anti Pakistan parties...... and what Blor has offered is rail transit to indians... it no where mentions central asia states or any new rail tracks.
Pakistan has recently connected its railway to Europe via Iran and Turkey and this is what blor is offering.
2 -Off course india can also offload in Iran and continue to central asian by road and this will be double bonus for indians.
3-India already enjoy free transit through Pakistan though not widely published or appreciated and did not helped a bit towards peace.
Hence all the talk of Pakistan charging india or it may help in regional peace etc. etc. is hogwash.
4- At present level of corruption in Pakistan is so high that indians can offload all their coaches at wahga and people of Pakistan will never know about it...there are already complains from locla manufacturers that indian trucks passing Pakistan for Afghanistan are actually offloading in Pakistan and markets are flooded with indian cosmetics etc. and their exist no record of such trade other than secret transit trade to Afghanistan via Pakistan motor way.

It really does not matter what we wish or say... in today's Pakistan any thing is possible for a price.
Don't we see Iran electricty is much cheaper than rental thermal power but govt. is hel bent on thermal power, simply because iranian offer lack kick back.

Wasn't PPP elected by the people of Pakistan? So the people elected an anti-Pakistan party in Pakistan?

India has been left out of the Iran gas pipeline deal, it's clay footed in Afghanistan in fact gradually pulling out of that country, has swallowed the bitter pill of surgical strikes, Ajmal Kasab has receded into archive shelves, despite all the hooray Henrys , there is news of a Pakistan America nuclear deal materializing, and still India asks Pakistan for a railway corridor, one wonders if the issue of Kashmir is in making. ;)

Ok now one more time, when did India asked Railway route via Pakistan? looking at the news, it looks like Pakistan is offering railway lines for some unknown reasons.

Wasn't PPP elected by the people of Pakistan? So the people elected an anti-Pakistan party in Pakistan?

What was wrong with P.Musharraf? he was also elected and so was others.
To answer your question PPP got sympathy vote of BB's murder.
It is an will remain the most unpopular party of Pakistan.
It cannever win any fair election.

What was wrong with P.Musharraf? he was also elected and so was others.
To answer your question PPP got sympathy vote of BB's murder.
It is an will remain the most unpopular party of Pakistan.
It cannever win any fair election.

wasnt this election done under international supervision?? Why do you think it was unfair..

wasnt this election done under international supervision?? Why do you think it was unfair..

Apparently anti-Pakistani parties have a history of winning elections in Pakistan - from the Awami League to the PPP.

Ok now one more time, when did India asked Railway route via Pakistan? looking at the news, it looks like Pakistan is offering railway lines for some unknown reasons.

If Pakistan's Federal Minister for the railway has gone on the record to announce the news, then there must be substance to this detail more over has India denied the claim.

Back
Top Bottom