What's new

Pak tunnels near border worry India

Ruag

Reaction score
Pak tunnels near border worry government

NEW DELHI: As the war of words between India and Pakistan reaches a crescendo, New Delhi has cause for fresh alarm, due to some of the activities being carried out across the border. Intelligence agencies in India have brought to the notice of the government that Pakistan has been frantically building up tunnels in areas not far from the border with India.

According to these inputs, the tunnels have been dug up in the Sargodha district of Pakistani Punjab and can even be noticed by, as a top intelligence officer put it, a discerning eye on Google satellite imagery. "An attempt is being made to establish the purpose of digging up such tunnels which are really big in size. These clearly can't be meant for transport as is obvious from the images available; unlike ordinary tunnels they don't lead on to roads," said the official who is involved in analysing the information.

Pakistan is well within its rights to carry out any construction work on its territory and Islamabad is known to have constructed storage sheds for missiles and weapons in Sargodha, a known nuclear installation, in the past. However, the sheer size of the tunnels and the fact that these don't seem to be leading on to roads have raised suspicion that these could be used to store nuclear weapons or missiles which are battle ready.

The official said Pakistan has been known to store some of its deadliest, but unassembled, missiles like the Chinese M-11 in a sub-depot near the central ammunition depot in Sargodha. It is also the place where Pakistan's nuclear capable F-16 aircraft are said to be stationed. Located on the west of Lahore, Sargodha has always been the hub of Pakistan air force and, in fact, is home to its central air command.

If what Pakistan is doing is just a precautionary measure, considering Sargodha is a sensitive nuclear facility under threat from the Taliban and other terrorists, this has not been communicated to India either by Islamabad or the US which is fast taking it upon itself to safeguard all nuclear facilities in the country. In fact, the first attack on a nuclear installation by terrorists in Pakistan took place in Sargodha in November 2007.

According to Indian officials, Pakistan in the past has used Sargodha to store M-11 missiles which had been delivered unassembled to it by China. However, the pace at which these tunnels are coming up suggests that, as the official put it, Pakistan is up to something. Sargodha is also the place which the Chinese are said to regularly visit to train the Pakistanis in handling weapons and missiles.

Pak tunnels near border worry government - India - The Times of India

This is a very speculative article... lots of "ifs" and "suggests"

They are doing it on their own territory... If India knows, so does US! Its also probably safer closer to India than Afghanistan. As far as India is concerned, as the article suggests, Sargodha seems to be an important base. I'm sure India has effective counter measures aimed at this district.

Dude you need to understand the difference of taking notice and acting in defense and crying.

Boy i don't need to understand jack i think i know wat iam talking about ... there hasen't been one time that your counrty hasn't shut its big a$$ ****** mouth shut :blah: our sheeding fake a$$ tears :cry: to the world which i must say is really shameful for a nation to act out on lol . So you trying to tell me everything that happens in Pakistan is for india to notice no its NOT just like its is not our business wat your country does in your land. There is a saying you perhaps need to UNDERSTAND this one before you ever reply to me again > Wat i do in my house is my business and wat you do in yours is yours simple get it right and learn it :angry:

Another Pakistan is up to something article from India. No need to define it, nor provide any evidence for a gazillion claims (like M-11s and nuclear weapons in tunnels), just keep scaring your population that Pakistan is up to something.

India will certainly die of worries if it thinks Sargodha is near to its borders.Pakistan like India has Nuclear weapons, if it keeps them in Silos away from India, It should be pleased and not worried Rather it would be appropriate to term it as scared.
If India thinks Pakistan will infiltrate from these tunnels, may be it is correct for if Pakistan is taking such difficult steps to invade India,India HAD IT!
Shortly there would be holes all over India

let pakistan build whatever they want on their side, as long as the tunnel doesnt get into indian border to transport terrorists... it is fine

This tunnel is for Latrine discharge from Punjab to the Arabian Sea. No need to worry.

They are doing it on their own territory... If India knows, so does US! Its also probably safer closer to India than Afghanistan. As far as India is concerned, as the article suggests, Sargodha seems to be an important base. I'm sure India has effective counter measures aimed at this district.

Yes right they are doing in their own territory. As we all know the terrorist camps are in their own territory. They continue to despatch them to India to stir agitation. So for without any major success. Since their army is preoccupied on Afgahnistan border and Balochistan internal freedom struggle as we all know, therefore these tunnel digging should not be taken lightly. It is matter of grave concern to the world peace itself because we don knnow if these tunnels are a coverup for some other tunnels being drilled through under the cover of a large building out of sight from the satellites. Can any one answer the reason for having close to 90 nuclear weapons? What if they with the help of China deploy them deep inside Indian territory and hold the country for ransom or just explode them to gain strategic advantage over India? So it is time to keep your eyes and years open to strike at the right oppertunity to put an end to their ISI thugs under Chinas control.

I hope some one from the Inidian Armed Forces does raise the points I have highlighted and does launch an active surveillance with the help of high tech ground penetrating radar equipment.

Another Pakistan is up to something article from India. No need to define it, nor provide any evidence for a gazillion claims (like M-11s and nuclear weapons in tunnels), just keep scaring your population that Pakistan is up to something.

Not really their own people, but whole world. Others who will read this from some bharti source might believe that Pakistan is conspiring against India and that we break peace and stuff, giving us a bad name. Its all but Phobia in hearts of Bhartis, and they want to get every possible way to defame/crush Pakistan. Am I not surprised?

Not really their own people, but whole world. Others who will read this from some bharti source might believe that Pakistan is conspiring against India and that we break peace and stuff, giving us a bad name. Its all but Phobia in hearts of Bhartis, and they want to get every possible way to defame/crush Pakistan. Am I not surprised?

I would say that it is a good tactic to try on an adversary. Wouldn't you?

Boy i don't need to understand jack i think i know wat iam talking about ... there hasen't been one time that your counrty hasn't shut its big a$$ ****** mouth shut :blah: our sheeding fake a$$ tears :cry: to the world which i must say is really shameful for a nation to act out on lol . So you trying to tell me everything that happens in Pakistan is for india to notice no its NOT just like its is not our business wat your country does in your land. There is a saying you perhaps need to UNDERSTAND this one before you ever reply to me again > Wat i do in my house is my business and wat you do in yours is yours simple get it right and learn it :angry:

Calm down. It is not a big deal. Why all the bad mouthing ?

Back
Top Bottom