What's new

Pak will give up nukes, when India does,too: Haqqani

Lockheed F-16

Reaction score
Pak will give up nukes, if India does too: Haqqani
Updated at: 1248 PST, Saturday, May 23, 2009
75e29de80e1173e8e526bb3b87e0de56.gif

WASHINGTON: Stating that Pakistan's nuclear weapon is a "deterrent" against India, the country's top diplomat to the US on Saturday expressed willingness to enter into an agreement with New Delhi to phase out all atomic arms possessed by the two countries.

Appearing on the US television to make a public appeal to the Americans to donate USD five each through cell phone for the refugees of Swat Valley, Pakistan Ambassador to the US Hussein Haqqani insisted that the nuclear weapons of his country are safe and there should be no concern about their security.

"Everybody in the US Government who knows anything about nuclear weapons knows that Pakistan has a very secure nuclear programme. It's a very limited nuclear programme to maintain deterrence vis-a-vis our neighbor," Haqqani told in an interview.

"At the same time, Pakistan is willing to engage with our neighbour for a comprehensive settlement in which the nuclear weapons can be phased out by both countries," He said.

"Pakistan's nuclear weapons are safe and Pakistan is not going to expand nuclear weapons capability to a point when it becomes a threat to any country in the world, including our neighbours," he said urging the US media not to divert attention from the real issue by raising the question of safety of nuclear weapons of Pakistan.

Haqqani said the United States should not be concerned about the nuclear weapons of Pakistan as this is not a threat to the US.

"I don't think Pakistan's nuclear weapons are a threat to the United States. I think the threat to the United States right now comes from terrorists that might be in Afghanistan or in parts of Pakistan. And Pakistan is doing a great job fighting those terrorists right now," he said.

The Pak Ambassador said his country is unlikely to give specific details of its nuclear weapons to the US; despite the fact that it has assured top US leaders that its atomic weapons are secure and there is no need to be concerned about it. "I don't think any country knows or tells the location of all its nuclear weapons to any country in the world," he said.

we will give up our nukes when china does. So basically pakistan will give up nukes when china does.

Guess we should try for a nuclear free asia?

we will give up our nukes when china does. So basically pakistan will give up nukes when china does.

Guess we should try for a nuclear free asia?

You noticed wht u indirectly mentioned? Pak will give up nukes when India does, India will give up nukes when China does, China will do when Russia does, Russia will do when US does....:argh:

So this is the way to nuclear free world, impossible!

We made nukes to protect our selves from our five time bigger enemy, bcoz their army is conventionally bigger then ours so nukes are detternt for pakistan!
I dont know who made this stupid man ambassador!:tsk:

"We will never give up our nukes":disagree:

:wave:

:tdown:

We made nukes to protect our selves from our five time bigger enemy, bcoz their army is conventionally bigger then ours so nukes are detternt for pakistan!
I dont know who made this stupid man ambassador!:tsk:

"We will never give up our nukes":disagree:

:wave:

:tdown:
yar this is only said to show that pakistan is willing for peace the ambassador knows very well that they will never give them up he is just trying to show that its not that big of a deal and it can be phased out

Our enemy is not only India so we must have nukes. Pakistan’s nukes should not have any debate, lets talk something else.

haqani is a retarded son of a B****!! crazy sick doesnt know wat to say! simply piece of ****!!!
Kuttay ka ******!!!

Sorry mods for using such statements!!!

haqqani can't belive him self that he is ambassador the job is far to good for him.he is also anti pakistan or he try to be over smart alot of times with media in pakistan i think he should be ban n dismiss after saying this..looser.

Last edited:
Aray, why get upset.

India is too caught up in becoming a 'Global Power' to agree to disarmament unless the official five (US, Russia, China, UK, France) and unofficial (Israel) agree to do the same.

What do you think the chances of that happening any time soon are?

Relax - Pakistan conditioned the offer to India, knowing full well India is not going to go that route, and it makes Pakistan look good in terms of only wanting Nukes because India developed them and continues to retain them.

Good PR! :D

I dislike Haqqani for other reasons and statements he has made, but this was a pretty safe comment.

yes and up the chain after Us disarms from nukes no one will be left right or will be?

israel didn't accept or deny that it possesses these stuff. The jericho missiles are there for show purposes only to intimidate Iran and their subs sometimes coming to waters near Pakistan do not carry nuclear weapons or do they? :rofl: hello there :welcome:

Seems like our old uncle sam with Obama image booster add-on deliberately misses certain things(like 200+israel warheads) to make a worldwide denuclearisation deal beginning with Russia for putting abm shield in Poland.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom