What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Not Mi-35, T-129 or Z-10ME will be the next delivered helicopter, but more Airbus H125s (AS350B3e).
Currently their Marseille factory is working on them and test flights of the have been taking place.
Credit photographer is on the pic.

51102029680_bfd8726cab_c.jpg

50974464517_1e55f97de0_c.jpg

What is the status of PAA new attack helicopter Z-10ME, T-129 Atak, MI-35, MI-28 or KA-52...
MI-28 or KA-52 when these 2 came in the story of PAA ?
Not Mi-35, T-129 or Z-10ME will be the next delivered helicopter, but more Airbus H125s (AS350B3e).
Currently their Marseille factory is working on them and test flights of the have been taking place.

#2827View attachment 734916

View attachment 734917
How many are on order any information?
These utility variant or light attack variants?

#2827View attachment 734916

View attachment 734917
These are H125 or H125M ?

Last edited:
MI-28 or KA-52 when these 2 came in the story of PAA ?

How many are on order any information?
These utility variant or light attack variants?

These are H125 or H125M ?
Utility variant on order, number unknown. The PAA already has enough of the armed scout variant.
Mi28 and KA52 are not in Pakistani inventory, though honestly Pakistan could look into purchasing them over Z10ME since T129B is not being delivered, the biggest issue would be the logistics of it, not the price or procurement, Russia is willing to sell them.

Utility variant on order, number unknown. The PAA already has enough of the armed scout variant.
Mi28 and KA52 are not in Pakistani inventory, though honestly Pakistan could look into purchasing them over Z10ME since T129B is not being delivered, the biggest issue would be the logistics of it, not the price or procurement, Russia is willing to sell them.
Thanks for sharing as my information currently Pakistan have 32 light attack variant, few back seens picture of IL78 taking delivery of fennec color scheme was camouflage but these are drak green, so both are different variants or these will recolored before delivery

Regading Mi 28 Ka 52 are very stronge attack helis, but PAA cant afford them on cash term or short loans .. IMO PAA only consider new MI 35 additional number in future or can go for few Mi 171 utility helos from Russian

PAA might already on track to have few numbers of Z10ME/MP as mid solutions, numbers we cant predict ... but depends how much they want wait for T129 in actual bcuz Americans will not give engine so alternative engine will take time (what ever engine selected) .. but Z10x option will give time to wait for T129 few more years and then PAA can get them along follow-up order of atak 2

After latest defence cuts in UK they’re getting rid of some of the Puma fleet around 20 I think and the entire Hercules fleet.

Could it be considered an option for Pakistan similar to the Sea Kings for the Navy?
Even if not airworthy, the spares value of those PUMAs and C-130s would make sense.
In rest of the militaries they retire platforms because with age they become too expensive to maintain, reason being the hefty man hour charges that are charged by contractors. In Pakistan's case Pak military employ's those people on its payroll that are supposed to put in those man hours so in our case maintaining old platforms is not as expensive.

Now we have good relations with Russia so may be we can get some of them...

Even if not airworthy, the spares value of those PUMAs and C-130s would make sense.
In rest of the militaries they retire platforms because with age they become too expensive to maintain, reason being the hefty man hour charges that are charged by contractors. In Pakistan's case Pak military employ's those people on its payroll that are supposed to put in those man hours so in our case maintaining old platforms is not as expensive.
But reality is that don't have fund and intension to get some good new air lift and utilities plateform.. although they are very important in peace and wa time...
Specially in war time they become core for logistics and troop movement... we have very limited resources when we comapre with indian aif force and army operations

Thanks for sharing as my information currently Pakistan have 32 light attack variant, few back seens picture of IL78 taking delivery of fennec color scheme was camouflage but these are drak green, so both are different variants or these will recolored before delivery

Regading Mi 28 Ka 52 are very stronge attack helis, but PAA cant afford them on cash term or short loans .. IMO PAA only consider new MI 35 additional number in future or can go for few Mi 171 utility helos from Russian

PAA might already on track to have few numbers of Z10ME/MP as mid solutions, numbers we cant predict ... but depends how much they want wait for T129 in actual bcuz Americans will not give engine so alternative engine will take time (what ever engine selected) .. but Z10x option will give time to wait for T129 few more years and then PAA can get them along follow-up order of atak 2
Yes China already transform or make changes according to our PA requirements in Z-10ME so lits hope for Best...

Yes China already transform or make changes according to our PA requirements in Z-10ME so lits hope for Best...
Yes this variant was output of 1 year we tested 3 Z10 ( which were returned) .. main issue was less powerful engine and issue to work in higher altitude and in intense heat .. hopefully of these other issues resolved in can decent option ..
Chinese can further modify it Z10P/MP like in past like F7PG , VT4 (engine change) , F6 etc

More deliveries took place early April when two Cessna 208B EX Caravans crossed the Atlantic flying Reykjavik-Zurich on 1 April, onwards to Heraklion, Greece 4 April, Fujairah 6 April and to Islamabad 8 April.
With some phantasy we may conclude that these will actually be PAA serial 710 and 711?

N710EX and N711EX departing Zurich 4 april, credit photographer on the pic:
71475_1617618654.jpg
56712_1617656181.jpg

More deliveries took place early April when two Cessna 208B EX Caravans crossed the Atlantic flying Reykjavik-Zurich on 1 April, onwards to Heraklion, Greece 4 April, Fujairah 6 April and to Islamabad 8 April.
With some phantasy we may conclude that these will actually be PAA serial 710 and 711?

N710EX and N711EX departing Zurich 4 april, credit photographer on the pic:
View attachment 734963View attachment 734964
they have big transport fleet why they order two more

The Russian helicopters are no more expensive than the AH-1Z that Pakistan initially set out to buy, there are very minor differences in price. AH-1Z is technologically the most advanced attack helicopter in service anywhere at the moment, though it has a smaller payload than the Apache, when it comes to electronics and tech it’s at least half a generation ahead. And Pakistan had no trouble affording that.

Price is not the real issue with Russian helicopters, if Pakistan wants that option is always open. It’s just that Z10ME might prove to be better logistically. Russians already sold us Mi35M and almost sold us Pantsir.

they have big transport fleet why they order two more
It's new delivery? Means PAA happy with these planes happy equipment is flowing
The Russian helicopters are no more expensive than the AH-1Z that Pakistan initially set out to buy, there are very minor differences in price. AH-1Z is technologically the most advanced attack helicopter in service anywhere at the moment, though it has a smaller payload than the Apache, when it comes to electronics and tech it’s at least half a generation ahead. And Pakistan had no trouble affording that.

Price is not the real issue with Russian helicopters, if Pakistan wants that option is always open. It’s just that Z10ME might prove to be better logistically. Russians already sold us Mi35M and almost sold us Pantsir.
PAA should go for standard attack Heli from Russia they are as good as American Helis are also rugged suited our environment and needs stop looking towards AH1Z and Go for Russian have same engine what our Mi17 have easy to maintain and reliable

It's new delivery? Means PAA happy with these planes happy equipment is flowing

PAA should go for standard attack Heli from Russia they are as good as American Helis are also rugged suited our environment and needs stop looking towards AH1Z and Go for Russian have same engine what our Mi17 have easy to maintain and reliable
The difference is in weaponry. While In other factors Russian and American helicopters might be comparable, when it comes to weaponry USA is clearly ahead, not to mention Pakistan is used to cobras, their logistics and weapon systems due to decades of use. AH1Z was and still is the ideal choice for attack helicopters for Pakistan. There’s simply nothing like it. And it’s not any less rugged or reliable when compared to Russian helos. AH-1Z would have a lot more commonality with Pakistani weapons, training, logistics and so on than just an engine with the Russian helos. However since Pakistani can’t get AH-1Z or T129B, all of these benefits are useless. It will likely be Z10ME with a small chance for Russian Mi28. KA-52 is very unlikely, again, price is not the issue, AH-1Z has a similar price. KA-52 simply serves a different role than what PAA needs, a role that the Mi28 would fit better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom