What's new

Pakistan Army Information

FM 17:

I have come accross a Type 90 SPAAG:

Type-90

"The 35mm Type-90 is a copy of the Swiss Oerlikon series auto-cannon. China has produced these in relatively substantial numbers and they are almost certainly the most potent towed AAA guns in Chinese service. China has produced various fire control radars derived from the SkyGuard system. Type-90s appear to only be used in mobile formations rather than fixed sites."

But not Type 90-2 SPAAG/SAM. It is mounted on towed mount.

now it is believed that there were no export orders and the project was cancelled - PA has enough upgraded Oerlikon 35mm systems from switzerland.

yes of course if idiotic civilian leaders cant 'judge' the personality of the officer they are choosing.

ZABhutto took ZUHaq over more 'competent' officers.
NS choose PM over more 'competent' officers.

the civilians only look for one trait - is this officer compliant. thats it.

btw. .. just want a view:

Do you think Zia ud din Butt deserved the post of being COAS?? (even if he was from Engg. Corps.)

Do you think Zia ud din Butt deserved the post of being COAS?? (even if he was from Engg. Corps.)[/QUOTE]

you've said it all - he looked like one of those 'south-american' generals of a banana republics with his handle-bar moustache and aviator sunglasses. (i hope he is not a relative of yours - pardon my manners)

Do you think Zia ud din Butt deserved the post of being COAS?? (even if he was from Engg. Corps.)[/QUOTE]

you've said it all - he looked like one of those 'south-american' generals of a banana republics with his handle-bar moustache and aviator sunglasses. (i hope he is not a relative of yours - pardon my manners)

oh no no. :lol: Go on. . .

LW:

I respectfully disagree with your narrative on how officers are chosen for ISI. As far as I know and based upon my detailed discussions with people who have been posted at flag ranks in ISI, the MS branch does send out a list of officers that they think are suitable for ISI work and request the concerned units for their release. Seldom, the unit commanders agree to release these men and generally categorize them as "Mission Critical" officers. As a result, the officers that eventually make their way into ISI are those that either have been superseded, or the unit where they came from was not very happy with them or they were the ones that could be spared!

However, officers of Brig. & above ranks are generally better material as compared to the lower and mid cadres.

BTW ISI is not a department of the Army as such.

one question , do the women in Pakistan military academies wear saree?

I have a photo from net , this is PMA Kakul or it is India?

Thanks.

Look at left. I generally thought women in Pakistan do not wear saree.

one question , do the women in Pakistan military academies wear saree?

I have a photo from net , this is PMA Kakul or it is India?

Thanks.

Look at left. I generally thought women in Pakistan do not wear saree.

How can it be India with so many good looking men? Its PMA Kakul. IA doesn't wear Khaki. Saris are one of the unifroms worn by PA women officers

Chief of General Staff of Pakistan Army visits NDU in China

BEIJING, July 19 (APP): Chief of General Staff of Pakistan Army, Lieutenant General Waheed Arshad said here that National Defence University (NDU) is a premier institution of learning in China, which is performing a seminal role in intellectual grooming of its military and civilian community, besides educating them on regional and global security issues and military art. He expressed these views during a meeting with Vice President of NDU, Lieutenant General Ren Haiquan here at the university during his visit to the university. In his welcome remarks, Lieutenant General Ren Haiquan said that there are many officers from Pakistan, who are undergoing training courses in different disciplines in NDU. He highly appreciated their caliber and competence and termed them excellent and highly respected.

Later, Lieutenant General Waheed Arshad had an interactive session with the think tanks hosted by Major General Xiao Tianliang, Chief of the Strategic Studies office on the NDU.

Regional security environment remained the focus of discussion with special reference to situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The participants agreed that Pak-China strategic relationship and cooperation in all fields was extremely important and critical to ensure security in South Asia.

Earlier, Lieutenant General Waheed Arshad held a detailed meeting with the Deputy Minister of SASTIND, Mr Wang Yiren here at the State Guest House.

The whole range of defence cooperation between Pakistan and China came under discussion in a friendly atmosphere.
The meeting was attended by senior officials of both sides, who expressed great satisfaction on the pace of various ongoing projects.

Lieutenant General Waheed Arshad said that Pakistan greatly values support and friendship of China. Brotherly relationships of both countries are based on trust and sincerity and have stood the test of times.

He expressed the confidence that his visit will further strengthen the bonds of friendship and enhance defense cooperation between the two brotherly countries.

Speaking on the occasion, the Deputy Minister Wang Yiren said that Pakistan and China have a long history of deep rooted cooperation which is growing stronger. He specially mentioned the joint project of JF-17 Thunder Fighter aircraft MBT-2000 and the building of a frigate in Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works in cooperation with China.

Lieutenant General Waheed Arshad also met heads of eminent Chinese Defence Industry. During these meetings, matters regarding provision of military equipment to Pakistan Army by these entities were discussed in detail.

The Institute of Industrial Control Systems in Pakistan has supplied the Pakistan Army with 122 mm (30-round) rocket launchers based on a US-supplied M35 (6x6) cross-country truck chassis. The actual rockets are supplied by Pakistan Ordnance Factories and have a maximum range of 20.58 km. Pakistan has exported about 50 of these systems to Sri Lanka.

Pakistan- Australia joint mountain military expedition at Spantik

ISLAMABAD, July 21 (APP): Lieutenant General Muzammil Hussain, Inspector General Training and Evaluation on Thursday visited expedition Base Camp to meet the Australian Army Expedition Team at Spantik. According to an ISPR press release, to share the vast experience of Pakistan Army in mountaineering, a joint mountain expedition of Pakistan and Australia is on the way for summit attempt of Spantik. The Australian Army Expedition Team comprises six members headed by an experienced mountaineer Major Zayc. Lieutenant Colonel Ahsan Kayani from Pakistan Army is leading the team including nine members.

Fiscal Year: 2010 Country: PAKISTAN Implementing Agency: Department of the Army
Type of Transfer: Grant Authority
Item: M113A2 ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIER Model: M113A2 National Stock Number:
Congressional Notification Sent: Quantity Allocated: 550 Unit Acquisition Value: 244844
Congressional Expiration: Quantity Accepted: 0 Total Acquisition Value: 134664200
Authorized to Supply: 6/8/2010 Quantity Rejected: 0 Unit Current Value: 24484.4
EDA Accepted: Total Quantity Delivered: Total Current Value: 13466420

Can anyone tell me why do we need two Lt generals for the logistics, I am referring to this:
1. Lt Gen Muhammad Alam Khattak Chief of Logistics Staff (CLS)
2. Lt Gen Abid Pervaiz DG Logistics at CLS Branch
Thanks.

Can anyone tell me why do we need two Lt generals for the logistics, I am referring to this:
1. Lt Gen Muhammad Alam Khattak Chief of Logistics Staff (CLS)
2. Lt Gen Abid Pervaiz DG Logistics at CLS Branch
Thanks.

CGS and CLS are the two PSOs heading the G and the Q Staff of the Army. CLS is a Branch whereas Log is ONE of the Directorates within/inside the CLS, and each Directorate is headed by a DG (e.g. Inf Dte, Arty Dte etc).

First there's a Branch and then there are various Directorates within the Branch. So it's like asking when there's a CO in a unit, what is the need of having company commanders then?

BTW, ever wondered why there is an Quarter Master General (QMG) when we have a CLS and a DG Log..? :lol:

CGS and CLS are the two PSOs heading the G and the Q Staff of the Army. CLS is a Branch whereas Log is ONE of the Directorates within/inside the CLS, and each Directorate is headed by a DG (e.g. Inf Dte, Arty Dte etc).

First there's a Branch and then there are various Directorates within the Branch. So it's like asking when there's a CO in a unit, what is the need of having company commanders then?

BTW, ever wondered why there is an Quarter Master General (QMG) when we have a CLS and a DG Log..? :lol:

Thanks you sir.
BTW what is the function of QMG sir?

Thanks you sir.
BTW what is the function of QMG sir?

Ok, for a layman;

Consider the COAS as the CO of a battalion, and like every unit it would have two SOs, the Adjutant General would be the Adjutant of the unit and the QMG will perform the job what a Quartermaster would do in any regular unit.

Back
Top Bottom