What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Tadbeer%20i%20Mushtariq10.jpg

The building in the background and other pictures is the Signals mess in Pindi i think.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Army Medical College gets world recognition

ISLAMABAD: In recognition of its meritorious reputation as a leading institution in medical education, Army Medical College, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), has been included in the international directory of medical colleges. Foundation for Advancement in Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) has issued a notification in this connection.
Pakistan Medical and Dental Council has congratulated the NUST management, faculty and students for the praiseworthy achievement. In his remarks, NUST Rector Muhammad Asghar termed the accomplishment a fruit of commitment of the college faculty and students. The Pakistan Medical and Dental Council also awarded Army Medical College, NUST, the status to supervise PhD Chemical Pathology in addition to Biochemistry. pr

Can some body kindly identify this unit, the guys look very distinctive as does their weapons, which are kind of gold plated and match the strips on their shoe heels.

432431-image-1346928599-358-640x480.jpg

432431-image-1346928530-808-640x480.jpg

432431-image-1346928498-873-640x480.jpg

432431-image-1346928561-867-640x480.jpg

My dear, they look the works,.... well disciplined, in some way they remind me of that drill conducted by USMC.

These Rangers surely have developed some good drill moves. Whereas the cradle of military traditions, the PMA dont like to experiment with the traditional drill moves and dresses, the Rangers are at liberty to modify them, and it is nice to know that they have been successful.

Can some body kindly identify this unit, the guys look very distinctive as does their weapons, which are kind of gold plated and match the strips on their shoe heels.

432431-image-1346928599-358-640x480.jpg

432431-image-1346928530-808-640x480.jpg

432431-image-1346928498-873-640x480.jpg

432431-image-1346928561-867-640x480.jpg

look like us or britsh army zardari ke gher ke bahir khary kerny hain kya UK ki trah ?:lol:

Not really big news or anything, but PA is researching (God knows what is being researched when the whole world uses it) on drip irrigation, to be implemented on a big scale for irrigation under Army.

Images emerge of NORINCO wheeled anti-aircraft gun

Chinese sources have recently revealed information on a new 35 mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun (SPAAG) system based on the NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation) ZBD-09/ZSL-09 8x8 wheeled fighting vehicle.

This new system emphasises the People's Liberation Army's (PLA) interest in rapidly fielding new medium-weight wheeled vehicle formations that exploit the ZSL-09's speed, logistical impact, reduced cost and ability to incorporate new information systems.

A new 35 mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun (SPAAG) system based on the NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation) ZBD-09/ZSL-09 8x8 wheeled fighting vehicle. (Via Sina.com) The new anti-aircraft turret is derived from systems used on the PGZ-07 tracked twin 35 mm system first seen in 2006-2007, and which started entering PLA service in 2010. The single barrel turret 35 mm gun is reported to have a 550 rounds-per-minute cyclic rate of fire and a slant range of 4,000 m, and the targeting system radar and infrared cameras can track targets out to 15 km.

Like the PGZ-07, it uses the CS/SA1 twin 35 mm gun, which can fire NORINCO's improved 35 mm Programmable Time Fuze Pre-Fragmented (PTFP) projectile. Each PTFP creates a cloud of more than 100 spin-stabilised tungsten sub-projectiles that are set as they pass through the muzzle coils on each barrel - at a muzzle velocity of 1,050 m/s - with a self-destruct timer of 5.5 to 8 seconds.

PTPF, which NORINCO claims is particularly effective against cruise missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), is very similar to the Rheinmetall Air Defence RWS Schweiz 35 mm Advanced Hit Efficiently And Destruction (AHEAD) air-burst munition. Indeed, promotional material shown by China in support of the system is identical to that released by Rheinmetall Air Defence some years ago.

At the 2007 IDEX show in Abu Dhabi, a European source claimed that China had obtained AHEAD technology from South Africa - a claim confirmed by a South African source who admitted that an AHEAD-capable 35 mm cannon had been sold to China. Chinese sources indicate that the same technology may be applied to 37 mm, 57 mm, 76 mm and 100 mm anti-aircraft rounds.

While images of this new 8x8 vehicle have been on Chinese websites since mid-2011, no uncovered images of the vehicle's new large single-barrel 35 mm cannon turret have emerged. However, these images do reveal that this version of the ZSL-09 may utilise a rear-mounted engine in contrast to the usual forward starboard mounting, and also places the crew cab in the front in order to better balance the vehicle

The ZSL-09 based vehicle may not be the first wheeled SPAAG developed by China. At the 2007 IDEX show the China Shinshidai arms export company marketed a twin-barrel 35 mm turreted SPAAG based on what appeared to be the Poly Corporation's then new Type 07 8x8 wheeled fighting vehicle. However, as the Type 07 has not been adopted by the PLA, its SPAAG version likely has not been either.

DW

Army Aviation drops 1,000 ration packs in Rojhan, Rajanpur areas

RAWALPINDI: Relief and Rescue operations continued by Pakistan Army troops in flood affected areas of Southern Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan provinces.

Pakistan Army has employed over 1,000 troops to rescue the flood affectees and de-water the flash flood areas of Dera Ghazi Khan, Jampur, Rajanpur, Rojhan, Kandkot, Jacobabad, Ghotki and Dera Murad Jamali.

According to ISPR, here, Army troops have rescued over 3,681 flood affected people to safer places through MI-17 and boats at native areas of Kashmore, Badani, village Raees Atta Ullah Bhutto, Meva Khan, Kot Omer Bhutto, Bakhsha Pur,Jampur, Rajanpur, Rojhan and Dera Murad Jamali.

Army Engineers have plugged the breach, which occurred at Pat Feeder Canal at Dera Murad Jamali. Army Aviation has dropped 1,000 ration packs in areas around Rojhan and Rajanpur.

Army has established a mobile field hospital at Dera Murad Jamali to treat distress brethren.

Army Aviation drops 1,000 ration packs in Rojhan, Rajanpur areas

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Searching for missing Pakistani soldiers in Indian jails

* As many as seven Tai village officials went missing on September 6, 1965

* AJK jails DIG informed Supreme Court all except Bagga Khan are kept at Jammu Jail

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: Four Pakistani soldiers who went missing during the 1965 India-Pakistan war and were long presumed killed may in fact be alive and languishing in Indian jails, BBC reported on Tuesday.

But which jail exactly? The Indian Supreme Court will be attempting to answer that question in a hearing fixed for Wednesday.

Meanwhile, their families in the picturesque Tai village in Azad Kashmir, move between hope and despair as they mull various outcomes of this search.

“If only my father would come just once into my life. I never had a brother, my mother died years ago and so did my father’s brother. Now everybody says my father is alive. If I see him once, I can die in peace,” says Safina.

She was just two months old when her father, Alam Sher, disappeared while fighting Indian troops in the Poonch sector of the boundary between India and Pakistan. She is now married with children.

The case highlights the tragic consequences of Indian-Pakistani rivalry over the disputed region of Kashmir and comes at a time when there are signs of improvement in relations.

The two countries first went to war over Kashmir in 1948 – months after independence – and ended up dividing the region between them along a ceasefire line that still serves as a working boundary. Tai village is located close to this boundary, along River Poonch in the Kotli District of Azad Kashmir.

Indian and Pakistani military posts on the hills overlooking the village are a constant reminder of the battles the two sides fought in 1965. At least seven residents of the village were enlisted in the army and were deployed on hills close to the village. All went missing on September 6, 1965 - the first day of the war. For 40 years after that, the military authorities and the families of the missing soldiers thought they had been killed.

But in 2006, a former Kashmiri militant from nearby Sarhot village – who had been released from jail in Indian Kashmir – brought home tidings of hope.

“When Ayub Khokar – the militant affiliated with the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front – returned to the village in 2006, he came to meet us and said he had met my father in a jail in Jammu,” says Muhammad Bashir.

Bashir’s father, Barkat Hussain, disappeared from the heights opposite their village. He says he was only three years old at the time. Inhabitants of the village of Tai have waited more than four decades for news of their loved ones. Like Safina, he too is married with children.

Khokar confirmed Bashir’s version of events in an interview with the BBC. “I met Barkat Hussain and another Pakistani soldier, Sakhi Muhammad, in Jammu jail in 1998,” he says.

“They told me they were natives of Tai village. I recognised them. They also said that four more soldiers were captured with them. Two of them were held in jails at Kathua and Hiranagar, while the whereabouts of the remaining two were not known.”

Late in 2011, Jammu lawyer and politician Bhim Singh filed a writ in court on behalf of the family of the four missing soldiers, namely Barkat Hussain, Alam Sher, Sakhi Muhammad and Bagga Khan. In April, the deputy inspector-general of jails in the Indian-held Jammu and Kashmir “informed the Supreme Court in a communication that all of them except Bagga Khan were arrested on September 6, 1965 and were kept at Jammu jail”, Bhim Singh said. “In addition, the inspector general also informed the court that another Pakistani soldier, Abdul Aziz, was also arrested some time in 1967 and was jailed in Jammu,” he says.

But a subsequent communication from the Indian Home Ministry in July 2012 informed the court that none of the four prisoners was or ever had been lodged in Kashmiri jails.

The Supreme Court has now advised the government to clarify the two contradictory communications.

Meanwhile, families of the missing soldiers in Tai village wait with bated breath.

Fateh Begum is one of them, and needs more optimism than others to keep her hope alive. No Indian official has so far acknowledged the presence of her husband, Bagga Khan.

Back in September 1965, she was in her late teens - with a young son - when her husband went to war. Two months later, she received a letter from the army saying he had been killed in action.

“They say Bagga Khan is not in India, but I pray to God to please make them search harder for him,” she says.

“If others are alive, he should also be. No-one ever saw him die.”

Back
Top Bottom