What's new

Pakistan Certified To Repair SAAB AWACS

I hope so ... If none was punished then I would be very disappointed.
rest assure even when a rifle pin or a magazine is lost in military somebody has to pay the price for it. its not lahore high court that people will manage to slip away. they were dealt with as well as all the attackers, none lives today not the helpers not their bosses

rest assure even when a rifle pin or a magazine is lost in military somebody has to pay the price for it. its not lahore high court that people will manage to slip away. they were dealt with as well as all the attackers, none lives today not the helpers not their bosses
I know it very well.... my father served in PAF :)

When in future we will build our own similar platform and put it out for sale like JF-17 Thunder, we will look back and understand the wisdom of Allah swt in making us go through those difficult times in 2012. Just like the Americans refusing to sell us F-16s lead to the development of the thunder. Every difficulty has a reason behind it.

To the legends at PAC all I can think of is this famous couplet:

tundī-e-bād-e-muḳhālif se na ghabrā ai uqaab
ye to chaltī hai tujhe ūñchā uḌāne ke liye

some people on this forum consider themselves scholars cm miltary tactitians and strategists, in fact they have knowledge of 2 % things they understand half of that and they react 200 times ...just plain stupid.
those who are so ashamed, for them...we were at war, what do you expect from war, rosses and plesentries ?? every country suffer casualities and meterial losses in war, ever heard of attack on camp Bastion in 2012 ??? yes about the same time when kamra was attacked...for your info 6 AV 8 Harriers someAppachis and an AC 130 were destroyed completely and many more were damaged.

some idiots didnt understand the situation of foreign forces on foreign soils and forces of the country inside their own country!

Terrorist Attacking a base and manage to destroy/damage some AWAC's was a matter of security Lapse by the Guards or base Commanders , but what's done was done and we can not undone it , so instead of spending millions of dollars on purchasing them again, we build them at home and repair them , its not just about cutting the cost but also learning very important technologies in the process .

As far as I know some personal were court martialed after this incident perhaps some senior members could further shed some light on it @Khafee @Tps43 @Oscar
I heard some favorites were spared while others applauded for nothing.
But I could likely be given a biased account from the source too.

Just for your Info, There was a credible intel threat Kamra airbase would be attacked 2 week prior to attack. Even Rehman Malik claimed it on Media that Kamra airbase is one the hitlist of terrorists. The shameful negligence of Kamra airbase defenders and Parking AWAC in the open to give terrorists an easy target to hit ? DO you call this an achievement ? Our P3C were hit and despite that PAF officials were in oblivion of how to secure assets back then. Whatever the money they have spent on repairs and replacing a destroyed SAAB AWAC could have been spend on better things.

Whats with this amateurish attitude? He is right. You banged your car in the wall. Spend shit ton of money to repair it yourself. So will you be proud that yeah I gained skills to repair my own car ?
Gaining the skills may be an odd blessing but the negligence remains unanswered for.

Basically, intel reports keep coming in but we also have throes of complacent fools lining up and down our military, LE & bureaucracy.
“Koi baat nei” is the attitude that will(delayed by true professionals as much as they can) destroy Pakistan.

i dont know why people cant see the bright side here? defending the assets was the job of the security which they failed. repairing was the job of the engineers and in a country like pakistan which is poor and doesnt have strong technical back ground they have successfully repaired an air craft which was advised to be written off by the manufacturer. it is no doubt an achievement of paf engineers. i am sure those who are criticizing have never made any mistake in their life. they are perfet human beings with no failures and they work in organizations which are perfect.

i am ashamed of this nothing to be proud here a major failure .

Just for your Info, There was a credible intel threat Kamra airbase would be attacked 2 week prior to attack. Even Rehman Malik claimed it on Media that Kamra airbase is one the hitlist of terrorists. The shameful negligence of Kamra airbase defenders and Parking AWAC in the open to give terrorists an easy target to hit ? DO you call this an achievement ? Our P3C were hit and despite that PAF officials were in oblivion of how to secure assets back then. Whatever the money they have spent on repairs and replacing a destroyed SAAB AWAC could have been spend on better things.

The failure is of the base commander and leadership in protecting the assets, which no one is praising and is indeed a failure. The commendable act is of the engineering resources of PAC that was able to repair tbe damages against all technical and financial odds; in process we did achieve a capability that we never had.

Saab Erieye 2000 were severely damaged in an attack by the terrorists on Mehran airbase and Saab declared them irreparable so advised to write off but PAF engineers repaired and made them work so the certification was conferred upon them the OEM after inspecting the repaired system.
You are confusing Minhas base Attack with PNS Mehran Base Attack. SAAB ERIEYE AWACS were Targeted in Minhas base at Kamra.
P3C Orion anti Submarine air crafts of Paksitan Navy were damaged in PNS Mehran Attack not SAAB ERIEYE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom