What's new

Pakistan cleared to tour India: BCCI

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan cleared to tour India: BCCI

India's cricket board said Tuesday it has secured government clearance to host Pakistan for a short tour later this year.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has invited Pakistan to play three one-dayers and two Twenty20 matches in December-January, the first bilateral contests between the arch-rivals in five years.

"We have discussed all security aspects (and) the tour is on," board spokesman Rajiv Shukla told reporters after a meeting between its officials and Indian Home Secretary R. K. Singh in New Delhi.

A report by the Press Trust of India said the venues for the ODI games would most likely be Chennai, Kolkata and New Delhi while the Twenty20 matches would take place in Bangalore and Ahmedabad.

The rivals have not played a series since Pakistan's tour of India in 2007, after cricket ties were snapped following the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai by militants from Pakistan.

Cricket ties have been the subject of discussions between the governments of both nuclear-armed countries. They have been holding regular meetings in a bid to improve relations and eventually thrash out a peace agreement.

The countries -- where cricket is hugely popular -- have fought three wars since independence in 1947.

The Indian and Pakistani cricket teams have only met in international tournaments since 2007.

They clashed in the ODI World Cup semi-final in the northern Indian town of Mohali last year, a match that was attended by both countries' prime ministers.

Pakistan cleared to tour India: BCCI | The Nation

Really we all happy to heard this. Ind and Pak matches always be very good to watch. I hope this series will be one of the great series.

I am against such tours. We can't have different set of standards for different countries. If South Africa found itself suspended from the ICC from 1971 to 1990 because of political reasons and a regime which promoted and even flaunted apartheid; then the same must apply to Pakistan. Is is the players' fault? Of course not. They should be free to play county cricket and other leagues to earn their living but green lighting a tour by Pakistan is just morally reprehensible.

I am against such tours. We can't have different set of standards for different countries. If South Africa found itself suspended from the ICC from 1971 to 1990 because of political reasons and a regime which promoted and even flaunted apartheid; then the same must apply to Pakistan. Is is the players' fault? Of course not. They should be free to play county cricket and other leagues to earn their living but green lighting a tour by Pakistan is just morally reprehensible.

Can't fault your logic.

Leave aside political reasons but BCCI have done huge favor to bankrupt Pakistani cricket. I am sure the matches will be watched by empty stands.26/11 is still afresh in people's mind.

Exactly Buddy, can't enjoy cricket sitting on our bros/sisters dead bodies. Moreover, no spare visas should be issue for watching cricket.

seems there are many of your thinking in india....................hence this cartoon...........

kureel-31oct.jpg

Leave aside political reasons but BCCI have done huge favor to bankrupt Pakistani cricket. I am sure the matches will be watched by empty stands.26/11 is still afresh in people's mind.
They havn't done any favour to PCB....BCCI know's that they will get alot of money in Indo-Pak series.....And that's the only thing that matters to them....

Stadiums will be full, tickets will be sold in black, people will try to illigally enter stadiums, trees and terraces around the stadiums will be full, streets will be deserted, Shahrukh Khan will have a blast and many women from our country will be standing in the line to become ****** of Pakistani cricketers.

I am willing to bet my life's savings on the above predictions.

26/11 is/was not the only terrerist attack we had. BCCI can arrange such tours cause we are low life's.

Opposers like Bal Thackrey are terrerists and real enemies of India.

Rahul Gandhi told US, Hindu extremists are a bigger threat to India - Times Of India

It would be fun watching them battle against each other especially in the holidays time !!

Really we all happy to heard this. Ind and Pak matches always be very good to watch. I hope this series will be one of the great series.

Yep all those Kashmiri hindu refugees, parents and family members of our martyrs, victims of 26/11 and other terrerist attacks agree with you. Their families are going to enjoy the series to the fullest.

Major Unnikrishnan's father will personally welcome team Pakistan in Bangalore.

Tukaram Ombale's daughter will fly first class to Delhi to have photos with Pakistani team.

huge question for every indian why is it that hockey teams kabbadi teams ( that have already visited and will play pakistan on nov 5 and are playing srilanka right now) singers pretty much every other sports is cool heck our women and disabled cricket can also go to india then why is it just for pakistan mens cricket huh isnt this double standards cut off then cut off everything....... the staduims wont be empty infact the opposite they will be over filled sheesh people keep sports and politics away

dude you have been using this southafrican example for a year now like a broken record if you want a cut off then why didnt you go againt your kabbadi team who are happily playing srilanka pakistan and will play pakistan in nov 5 why just cricket was bal thackery blind when hockey disabled women and every other sports and activities team were visiting huh then where is all this talk then huh............ anyway this tour if it happens will see full stadiums it may see radicals like shiv sena digging pitches like morons but other then that it will be exciting

p.s not expecting a win at all odi we will lose t20 could give us hope

yes it will be great but dont expect it to be like the series of old where battles between our quicks and your batsmen used to keep people on the chairs...... i see an odi defeat if not a whitewash for us t20 i see hope

We should have a consistent policy on this. Frankly nothing much have changed since 2008, the perpetrators still walk free in Pakistan. If they want to separate sports/cultural activities from that then they should not have stopped it in first place, otherwise don't have any bilateral competition until things get really better. This middle of the road approach is no good.

Poor indians, they don't know many in their govt are working for Pakistan:D

BTW i'm against this tour. It would be better to play Australia, SriLanka, England or South Africa.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom