What's new

Pakistan could drop US as supplier of military Aircraft for PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally prefer the J11 or Sukhoi-35 , as prime options
With Mirage 2000 and Norwegian F16 a fall back plan

Gripen would be a fill gap plan 40 crafts for short term

But alot of people are suggestioing it is time for 5th Generation plane

He also hinted that Islamabad could drop the US as a supplier of military aircraft.
US equipment is simply un-affordable and there is lot of better options. And every now and then they turn their backs towards us.

SU35 is flanker as is J11

your enemy has massive upper hand with neatly two decades of service and over 250 in service

J10 surely would be better STOP GAP until 2025 when j31 is ready

SU35 is flanker as is J11

your enemy has massive upper hand with neatly two decades of service and over 250 in service

J10 surely would be better STOP GAP until 2025 when j31 is ready

PAF needs two Sqs strength Fighters, one for Air superiority and one for Deep Strikes .. Su-35 , or J-15/16 is perfect for both roles .

PAF needs two Sqs strength Fighters, one for Air superiority and one for Deep Strikes .. Su-35 , or J-15/16 is perfect for both roles .
It is all a question of monies and political will. Frankly my take is you still need F-16 even MLU'ed as a stop gap approx to bring total no to 100 or a bit more. Just focus on Jf-17 block 3. TFX is on the horizon that is where focus needs to be in parallel to jf-17 which will be the backbone. By the time TFX starts out, F-16s can start being replaced.

It is all a question of monies and political will. Frankly my take is you still need F-16 even MLU'ed as a stop gap approx to bring total no to 100 or a bit more. Just focus on Jf-17 block 3. TFX is on the horizon that is where focus needs to be in parallel to jf-17 which will be the backbone. By the time TFX starts out, F-16s can start being replaced.

F-16's are and will always be welcomed by paf as they have infrastructure in place to operate it and integrated weapons too..but with ups and down in relations with USA its hard that we get anymore new or old f-16's . as per top brass of paf they need another 4/4+ generation fighter and they are looking to China and Russia .. I hope paf try to get su35 but its highly unlikely more feasible option is Chinese j-series .

F-16's are and will always be welcomed by paf as they have infrastructure in place to operate it and integrated weapons too..but with ups and down in relations with USA its hard that we get anymore new or old f-16's . as per top brass of paf they need another 4/4+ generation fighter and they are looking to China and Russia .. I hope paf try to get su35 but its highly unlikely more feasible option is Chinese j-series .
Yes, the cost of adding new jets are too high. 1-2 squadrons will hardly make any dent is my point.

Yes, the cost of adding new jets are too high. 1-2 squadrons will hardly make any dent is my point.

I think they will make a difference if utilize correctly, as I mentioned in my previous post paf is currently in need of one air superiority sq and one for naval/deep strikes .. @Bilal Khan (Quwa) insist that paf should go for typhoon t3 and 2 sqs of typhoon t3 Will make a huge punch .

The current atmosphere of relations with USA portrays that a stage has been set for PAF to slowly shift and diminish its focus from F16 and start indicting an aircraft which is better than Block 52+. The USA knows how much PAF loves the F16 and holds it in high esteem. Induction of a more capable aircraft should change PAF psyche and F16 should then be given relegated roles. PAF has to let go of its "pampered baby!"

Even if JF17 block III is considered a 4.5 gen fighter, PAF should start looking at a 5th Gen aircraft to make it its new baby.

At this hour, there is no other aircraft in inventory which can shift focus of PAF towards something new so it let go of F16 and start concentrating its doctrines, strategies and policies towards a new aircraft. This will also help USA realise that the much loved F16 has now lost its importance to another Chinese or Russian aircraft.

The 2 squadrons of F16 had made a great impact back in their days. So yes a squadron or two do make an impact.

Today is the day of 5th gen aircraft. IAF has none of those so far. PAF can get an upper hand by inducting a 5th gen before IAF does and that will give PAF an edge which it cannot get in any other domain of air warfare with IAF.

From 1-2 squadrons then more squadrons can be inducted and aircrafts upgraded over time.

The 2 squadrons of F16 had made a great impact back in their days. So yes a squadron or two do make an impact.

Today is the day of 5th gen aircraft. IAF has none of those so far. PAF can get an upper hand by inducting a 5th gen before IAF does and that will give PAF an edge which it cannot get in any other domain of air warfare with IAF.

From 1-2 squadrons then more squadrons can be inducted and aircrafts upgraded over time.
May be but you look at your geography; it is a very large territory; a minimum is 4 to justify maintenance and ROI.

Hi,

A 5th gen by itself is not the best solution---it needs to have a heavy strike aircraft for standoff distance strikes to compliment its position of power.

Last edited:
Hi,

A 5th gen by itself is not the best solution---it needs to have a heavy strike aircraft for standoff distance strikes to compliment its position of power.
Something like F-15Es...

Hi,

That will make atleast 6 types of aircraft in PAF inventory.

JF17 and F16 are already there and will stay for coming decades. PAF won't let go of ROSE Mirages easily and the F7 PG's may see another decade in PAG colours too.
So 4 different types are already in service.

Then a heavy 4.5 gen and a stealthy 5th gen.
One or both of these have to be Ra'ad capable so the Mirages can retire with dignity.

PAF has obsession with both western and Chinese aircrafts. So one could be western and other Chinese. Otherwise an interesting combination could be a Russian aircraft with western electronics.

With the way things are going currently, a western 4.5 gen and a Chinese 5 gen aircraft is possible and can be vice Versa too.

EFT can be a candidate for induction and an F16 replacement after few decades. TFX or J31 through a JV.

Something like F-15Es...

Hi,

No---and neither the Typhoon---either a JH7 or SU34 or a J16---. I don't understand why would you bring in an F15---isn't it high time to accept that the american aircraft are not in the market---.

In the presence of a 5th gen---what is the utility of the eurofighter?

You need legs---Pakistan has a unique geography as related to its enemy---.

A strike taking off from its farthest most end of its coastline line gives it a unique attack perspective that can have the enemy in a severe desperate position.

It primarily needs an aircraft than can fly deep and carry two large AShM or ASM's at the minimum---.

You kids just throw out big names---you need to look deeper into the design and utility of the aircraft---it is not a matter of show and pomp---.

Work horses are no agile beautiful creatures---but large muscular---brutal and functional in utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom