What's new

Pakistan Denies Operation in N. Waziristan

Pakistan conducted a full scale operation in South Waziristan. To my knowledge, a full scale operation has never been conducted in North Waziristan. Drone attacks almost exclusively take place in North Waziristan, & I don't think they take place in South Waziristan.

Yup thats why i said region- I hope drone strikes stops- but what i wonder is if that was the solution to stop drones- why didn't the army conducted the operation on N Waziristan earlier-

What bugs me now is- Why the army is now conducting the operation in NW now- to kill the terrorists or stop the drones-

pakistan should wait for atleast a year when widraw from afghanistan whould be in full swing.so that majoirity of militants whould them self return to afghanistan,,,,and then we can se that who is here to fight pakistan or USA.

and in a year how many PNS Mehran or GHQ attack will happen? Why taking the risk- finish it now- push them into afghanistan and let the amrikans fight them instead of withdrawing--

and there is no guarantee that the terrorists will go back to Afghanistan once the amrikan withdrew-- instead they will become more fiercely/openly active in Pakistan--

Yup thats why i said region- I hope drone strikes stops- but what i wonder is if that was the solution to stop drones- why didn't the army conducted the operation on N Waziristan earlier-

What bugs me now is- Why the army is now conducting the operation in NW now- to kill the terrorists or stop the drones-

Because they didn't want to sever their ties with the Haqqani network. I believe that most of the drone attacks killed regular civilians, & didn't affect the Haqqani network at all. The drone attacks killing innocent civilians are bad for the government.

There is an extensive TTP & AQ network in North Waziristan as well, besides the Haqqani network there. I still get a feeling that the PA will not take action against the Haqqani network in North Waziristan. I don't think they will burn their bridges with them or the Afghan Taliban. Let's see what happens.

Aerial strike against your own country men... Bravo!!!Bravo!!!

I don't think these sort of problems can be solved by weapons... aerial strikes may turn the North Waziristan people against Pakistan...Its like digging a hole under your own foot..

Though Maoists are a big problem for our Country, our government never opted for a strike with IAF... Always negotiation is the best way to solve the issues forever..

Finally the Pakistani establishment has bowed down to US pressure. If this was done a year ago, the innumerable terror attacks could have been avoided. But what about terrorists who are operating out of Karachi, Peshawar and other cities across Pakistan?

pakistan should wait for atleast a year when widraw from afghanistan whould be in full swing.so that majoirity of militants whould them self return to afghanistan,,,,and then we can se that who is here to fight pakistan or USA.

But I thought Pakistan was their home. Isn't that what they claimed?

I don't think these sort of problems can be solved by weapons... aerial strikes may turn the North Waziristan people against Pakistan...Its like digging a hole under your own foot..

Though Maoists are a big problem for our Country, our government never opted for a strike with IAF... Always negotiation is the best way to solve the issues forever..

The problem with the drone campaign from the US was that they got bad intel from locals. Many locals used the US to settle scores with one another. This is the intel they used as targets for their drone strikes, & in most cases, did not kill terrorists.

Pakistani intelligence in these areas is very strong, much better than the intel that the US was getting from the locals there that just exploited the US drone strikes. The Pakistan Forces can target specific areas where the anti-state terrorists reside & eliminate them much better than the US can. These terrorists are not liked by the locals in the region, as these groups target tribal elders & jirgas. The Pakistan Army can strengthen tribal Lashkrs, & can fight in collaboration with the Pakistan Army.

Can you compare your Maoists to our Taliban?
The situation and circumstances are not similar- and i think you are not familiar with the gravity of the situation- comparing an internal separatist movement to the global war on terrorism is just plain stupid-

Because they didn't want to sever their ties with the Haqqani network. I believe that most of the drone attacks killed regular civilians, & didn't affect the Haqqani network at all. The drone attacks killing innocent civilians are bad for the government.

There is an extensive TTP & AQ network in North Waziristan as well, besides the Haqqani network there. I still get a feeling that the Pakistan Army will not take against the Haqqani network in North Waziristan. Let's see what happens.

Didn't the Taliban claim many revenge attacks because the drones killed many of their battle brothers? And that they started killing spies.

Didn't the Taliban claim many revenge attacks because the drones killed many of their battle brothers? And that they started killing spies.

The Haqqani network in North Waziristan is perfectly intact in North Waziristan, & they have been ruthlessly killing US/NATO Forces in Afghanistan. The TTP exploited the sentiments of the common/innocent Pakistani civilians killed in these attacks to gain their support. The spies you are talking about are the local informers that the US used in these regions as intel to get targets for drone strikes.

Can you compare your Maoists to our Taliban?
The situation and circumstances are not similar- and i think you are not familiar with the gravity of the situation- comparing an internal separatist movement to the global war on terrorism is just plain stupid-

Few Pakistani people chose the wrong way... so, killing them is the only option?

Do u think it can be solved permanently with these aerial strikes?.. In the Maoist Problem even the IAF chief PV Naik opposed aerial strikes and said, IAF is to defend our territories from enemies not to kill our very own citizens...

Then whats the difference between the US drone strike and these aerial strike???

The Haqqani network in North Waziristan is perfectly intact in North Waziristan, & they have been ruthlessly killing US/NATO Forces in Afghanistan. The TTP exploited the sentiments of the common/innocent Pakistani civilians killed in these attacks to gain their support. The spies you are talking about are the local informers that the US used in these regions as intel to get targets for drone strikes.

Well the revenge attacks tells me otherwise. If they were not so determined to terrorize your country and kill many people who they claim as spies, then the drone attacks are indeed working.

Well the revenge attacks tells me otherwise. If they were not so determined to terrorize your country and kill many people who they claim as spies, then the drone attacks are indeed working.

If the drone strikes were killing TTP terrorists, there would be less TTP attacks in Pakistan. The TTP network would be dismantling. But they have increased, & the TTP network has gotten stronger.

and in a year how many PNS Mehran or GHQ attack will happen? Why taking the risk- finish it now- push them into afghanistan and let the amrikans fight them instead of withdrawing--

and there is no guarantee that the terrorists will go back to Afghanistan once the amrikan withdrew-- instead they will become more fiercely/openly active in Pakistan--

When all that you are saying is correct we also need a guarantee from the Afghanistan side that they will not chicken out and run away leaving the border open for the talibs like they did the last time where all the terrorists had to do was fall back to Afghanistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom