What's new

Pakistan deploys 3 MI17 in Tombouctou,Mali

Ethiopia tops the list in the number of UN peacekeepers with India in the second place and Pak following closely at third place until 2016-2017

https://bestdelegate.com/united-nations-peacekeepers-which-countries-provide-the-most-troops-and-funding/

This changed over the last couple of years with both India & Pak slipping to 5th & 6th places

View attachment 612905

https://peacekeeping.un.org/sites/default/files/2_country_ranking_13.pdf

Because UN is mostly a defensive force to protect local populace rather than rooting out terrorist orgs and go on a full offensive. Usually, such missions are taken up by NATO coalition or certain countries to protect their interests like Russia in Syria

Infact, there are a small number of UN personnel deployed in Syria under mission UNSMIS but they're insignificant when media reportings are filled with news of American & Russian ops

Yes a defensive force that cant defend anyone. My point is why spend so much money for so little? Either make it a strong force or use that money for other aid giving agencies.

Yes a defensive force that cant defend anyone. My point is why spend so much money for so little? Either make it a strong force or use that money for other aid giving agencies.
Most of UN missions are funded either by US or European countries but they're also among the most underfunded unlike NATO missions where those units pretty much have every weapons system at their disposal. Also, India or Pak and other such countries primarily contribute troops and logistics platforms but not much of funding

Giving it to aid agencies would literally fetch nothing since most NGO's working in war-torn countries of the middle east or Africa leech the money with insignificant ground work. The most such orgs could do is to provide medical & relief ops but can't really defend from an armed attack

Also, the troops deployed for UN missions are not elite units but regular infantry or paramilitary units which IMO is a good way to gain operational experience and international exposure working with various countries and terrains. Infact, there were instances where Indian & Pak troops working together in UN peace-keeping ops

upload_2020-3-11_13-44-45.png

All these "UN peace missions" are just a mercenary contract.....

Look at the list of the nations involved (mostly small nations)....most send their troops for combat experience & getting $$$...

upload_2020-3-10_11-39-18-png.612605

We all know where all the "terrorists" come from in Mali and much of Africa...and the problem will never get solved because a destabilized Africa means easier control for the big powers like the US, China & Russia (and other Euros).....who use these conflicts as a pretext to get raw materials (Oil, Uranium, Diamonds & more) out of the continent for really cheap prices....

China has recently joined the African Great Game & is building infrastructure all over Africa in return for long term benefits like rights over resource rich land and an actual base for its military, like the naval base in Djibouti.

Anyone telling you that "it's a peacekeeping mission" is eating a lot of biryani.....it's only a half truth. :D

Last edited:
Anyone telling you that "it's a peacekeeping mission" is eating a lot of biryani.....it's only a half truth. :D

:offtopic:

Hey you pulao lover, how dare you same bad words for my biryani.

But why...
A) Pakistan is one of the largest peacekeeping contributors in the world.

B) it's good real world/overseas training for soldiers.

C) Pakistan (as well as every contributing nation) gets paid for its contributions.

Depends what type of "karahi"....mutton or chicken? :D

mutton is my fav.!

i don't discriminate, but yes i prefer red meat :smitten:

P.S. i think we have spoiled this thread..........i blame you coz you brought food in the conversation. Also its just 9am here and i am already hungry:cheesy:

i don't discriminate, but yes i prefer red meat :smitten:

P.S. i think we have spoiled this thread..........i blame you coz you brought food in the conversation. Also its just 9am here and i am already hungry:cheesy:

I don't like beef as much as I like mutton, which I like very much and could eat every single day. Beef is ok like once every week for me.

Either way, this thread is done....nothing else to discuss. Better we talk about food. :D

Don't blame me but I had Chicken Biryani like an hour ago too. :rofl:

Pakistan is not the largest contributory to the UN peacekeeping force.
Here is the list
Screenshot_20200324-231741_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Pakistan is not the largest contributory to the UN peacekeeping force.
Here is the list View attachment 616968

Correct yourself. You are not even in the top 3 list..
1) Ethopia
2) Bangladesh
3) Rawanda

Pakistan was the largest UN peacekeeping missions contributory in 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2006. I didn't look much further back so it could have gone on and on.....in 2011, it was 2nd largest after Bangladesh.

So far, Pakistan has been the largest contributor ever since it contributed 11,135 troops in 2008. No one has surpassed that number from what I found on the UN website and the links below.

Source: https://peacekeeping.un.org/en/troop-and-police-contributors

2020 Numbers: https://peacekeeping.un.org/sites/default/files/1_summary_of_contributions_20.pdf

2008 Numbers: https://peacekeeping.un.org/sites/default/files/dec08_2.pdf

Overall, after 2013, Pakistan started contributing lesser forces to UN peacekeeping missions probably due to the fight against terrorism inside Pakistan. And that allowed other countries to be in the top 5...

Back
Top Bottom