What's new

Pakistan deploys more troops on Indian border

At the moment most of the hysterical headlines are from the Indian media, and the hysteria primarily being displayed by Indian analysts like Ashley Tellis.

I don't think that means any hostilities. India is trying to guard itself better, so is Pakistan. If Pakistan deploys soldiers near our borders, I don't see it as an issue. This would harldy let a war break out.

What recent hostilities???Did we made an incursion in your territory??

Recently your army head said "Nuclear war with Pakistan is possible"

Recently Indian army said it had started 4th Generation warfare against Pakistan. Recently your Indian govt officials have been issuing statements vowing to attack Pakistan in case of India once again failed to stop any attack inside India.

All these things are called hostalities too.

Can we have a list of incidents in the past month??? Looks like army is moving back to eastern border because it feels TTP is weakened.May be TTP is waiting for some time before it launches a fresh assault.I am just saying a few hundred soldiers are not going to make a difference on the eastern border,when India is not taking any aggressive action,whereas these few hundred would be able to beat lots of Talibanis.

Pakistan army had defeated the terrorists from TTP in Bajaur at a time when US and the world was saying "if bajaur falls then Pakistan falls" Pakistan army defeated the terrorist in Swat when no one was hopeful of succees against them.

We have driven them out from waziristan too and now Orakzai is becoming target of operation against these militants hence if Pakistan army is feeling easy with western border then indeed there is reason for that.

Pakistan should not leave Easterb border open for India.

The number of troops is not confirmed yet. And if its few hundreds then Indian sleeplessnes is just uncalled for

I don't think that means any hostilities. India is trying to guard itself better, so is Pakistan. If Pakistan deploys soldiers near our borders, I don't see it as an issue. This would harldy let a war break out.

I don't think war will break out either - I was pointing to the media's ability to create hysteria out of very little.

At the moment most of the hysterical headlines are from the Indian media, and the hysteria primarily being displayed by Indian analysts like Ashley Tellis.

at a time when India is reducing the number of soldiers in Kashmir any increase by Pakistan would be taken with a pinch of salt.due to prior ties of Pak and mujahids, there will always be a suspicion over PA's actions.

they could have given a better reason for the change in mobilization and there would have not been a brouhaha .If PA would have used its reserve force,nobody would have noticed and both borders would have maintained status quo

Heightened Tension??? I think we here in india are unaware of such a tension. barring some news of the increase in infiltrations and the regular cross border firings..!!!

"Recently Indian army said it had started 4th Generation warfare against Pakistan. Recently your Indian govt officials have been issuing statements vowing to attack Pakistan in case of India once again failed to stop any attack inside India.

All these things are called hostalities too.

Hey i have an issue with regards to the above statements. As far as the most hositle comment that i have heard from Mr.Chidambaram is that we will be acting decisively strongly if there is any other terrorist attack on india. And also Nirupama rao also clarified the point that military action is not a possibility..???

I do not understand which part of that was hositle to pakistan as such.?

The Indians reporting the news have woken up very late or something other on their mind.

So they have no idea about the decimation of the taliban in Swat, no idea that SW is back in Pakistani hand and PA is stationed there, and that PA is now on the go in the Orakzai Agency and Khyber Agency. Wow, they really need to upgrade their intelligence skills, watching little Pakistani News channels will not harm them, rather will update them to what's happening on this side of the border, but i think even if they do watch the latest news, their news item will remain the same like above.

Anyway, it would be better if the Indian news channels ask the west what has it done by deploying just 100,000 soldiers in whole of Afghanistan, while we have deployed more then 100,000 soldiers in a very tinny area compared to their holding of Afghanistan. But nops, Indians are never gonna ask these questions, i believe you know well why.

And when have we ever said India is to be blamed for not defeating the taliban ?? Even when the mumbai saga was at its height, we still had thousands of troops in the FATA region who were doing their part.

anway, what else to expect. usual.

I think pak army is doing a good job in Swat against extremist who are danger to us all. But, we should not differentiate in bad and good Taliban. This will uproot the terrorist from the root.

I don't think war will break out either - I was pointing to the media's ability to create hysteria out of very little.

sir,

Do u know that Times Now, CNN-IBN, NDTV 24X7, NDTV India, Star News etc has big investment by American media companies.

And its official and legal.

Sometimes they drift towards Americans but the situation is same if not worse on other side too. Look at Rupee news kind of media majority of times they spread conspiracy theories and false propaganda.

The war is not near, but we should not do anything that will become stumbling block or in response to public demand India forced to reply with same.

this will ultimately cost to Exchequer.

thanks

India tests two nuke capable missiles

NEW DELHI: India early Saturday successfully tested two nuclear capable missiles Dhanush and Prithvi II in Orissa, an official said.

Prithvi II surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of 350 km was launched from Chandipur, some 230 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, Dhanush, a naval version of Prithvi with the same range was launched from a naval ship off Orissa coast.

Prithvi is India's first indigenously built ballistic missile. It is one of the five missiles being developed under India's Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).

The missile with a flight duration of 483 seconds reaching a peak altitude of 43.5 km has the capability to carry 500 kg of warhead.

The missile which has the features to deceive any anti-ballistic missiles uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory and reaches the targets with a few metres' accuracy.

Dhanush, which means archer's bow in Sanskrit, was launched by a team of the Indian Navy personnel trained by the DRDO, from a naval ship in the Bay of Bengal near coastal town of Puri, 56 km from here.

Dhanush gives Indian Navy a capability of launching a missile onto enemy's targets with great precision

India tests two nuke capable missiles

NEW DELHI: India will buy spy drones from Israel.

According to Indian media reports, in a contract inked with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) a few days ago, India has ordered a few more `Heron' MALE (medium-altitude, long endurance) drones, ground control systems and data terminals for around Rs 700 crore, defence ministry sources said.

Under the latest deal, Indian Navy will now get two more Herons to add to its UAV fleet of eight Searcher-II and four Herons, which are being used for maritime surveillance up to 200 nautical miles.

There is also the ongoing Rs 1,163 crore joint IAI-DRDO project for NRUAVs (naval rotary UAVs) or unmanned helicopters operating from warship decks for advanced ISR (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) missions.

Indian Army is also going in for two more `troops' (8 birds each) of advanced Heron UAVs for Rs 1,118 crore after the Defence Acquisitions Council approved it in February 2009.

BOTH THESE NEWS! ARE A CLEAR precipitated "THREAT" to us! who else! this as well as cold start doctrine! & "threats from "chindambram"

Why does Pakistan need troops at the border with India? If India crosses or does hostile activity to Pakistan don't they know Pakistan will nuke them back to the stone age?:sniper:

BOTH THESE NEWS! ARE A CLEAR precipitated "THREAT" to us! who else! this as well as cold start doctrine! & "threats from "chindambram"

Well we are talking about why troops are send to the border..!! And what threats are you talking about? Chidambaram have only said india will take decisive steps in case of any terror attack in our country..!!
Are you saying that your army have some information on any attacks on our country before hand ?? ;) which is forcing them to send their troops to the border???

And testing missiles is a threat in the long run but not a threat to send ur troops to the border..!!

I think pakistan is trying to cover up their gaps in the fight against terror by dragging in india to it.

Why does Pakistan need troops at the border with India? If India crosses or does hostile activity to Pakistan don't they know Pakistan will nuke them back to the stone age?:sniper:

Of course India knows !

The nation is shaking in its boots !!

so whats the the problem if they r deploying troops there
its their nation they can do what they can in their soil
i dont think we need to b concerned
i dont see any kind of hostility b/t india and pak in the coming yrs

Back
Top Bottom