What's new

Pakistan finishes last in Azlan Shah cup

Supply&Demand

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan finishes last in Azlan Shah cup

IPOH, MALAYSIA: Three-time champions Pakistan on Saturday, faced their worst defeat in the Azlan Shah Cup after losing to Great Britain 2–1. Pakistan finished last for the first time in the history of the Cup.

Abdul Hassem Khan scored Pakistan their lead in the 15th minute, which lasted till halftime. In the 47th minute Barry Middleton scored the equaliser for Great Britain.
It seemed that the match would end in a draw but with four minutes remaining, Ashley Jackson scored the winning goal for Great Britain.

Earlier, after a dismal run in the ongoing Azlan Shah Cup, including the 2-1 defeat against India, the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) chief selector Hanif Khan had declared that the team was unprepared for the Olympics which are less than two months away.

It is unfortunate, India and Pakistan once the powerhouses of hockey is no more dominating teams in the world. The decline started with the introduction of poly turfs and astro turfs where the power takes precedence over skills. I wish hockey was similar to tennis in that we have grass courts, clay courts etc. India and Pakistan would be dominating in grass courts while the other countries would be dominating in these astro turfs and poly turfs and there would be a balance.

We beat Pakistan.

...bas isse zyada na pucho mere bhai.

janab pakistan say itna obsession chor dai

Good news that we beat them.

apka tu kabhi obsession khatam nahi hona:p:P:P

but yeah bad performance they need to up keep their game the hell is wrong with them last year we were runners up this year we r last they better train harder then ever and do something in the olympics

i wont defend this performance by stating past victories unlike some people i will scold them that this is just embarrassing. and they better do better next time

Hindustan ne Pakistan ko peetaa....bas aur kya chahiye

first post hai yeh hai wow looks like you got excited and joined well welcome to the forum dont troll ok

congrats to Pakistani friends. Last time we were beaten in India and came last but in the next tournament we won the Asia cup. Now after 6 months or so? we came last again and in similar pathetic fashion so raise your hopes for Olympics now!!!!

janab pakistan say itna obsession chor dai

apka tu kabhi obsession khatam nahi hona:p:P:P

but yeah bad performance they need to up keep their game the hell is wrong with them last year we were runners up this year we r last they better train harder then ever and do something in the olympics

i wont defend this performance by stating past victories unlike some people i will scold them that this is just embarrassing. and they better do better next time

Dono taraf aag baraabar lagi hai....:flame:

congrats to Pakistani friends. Last time we were beaten in India and came last but in the next tournament we won the Asia cup. Now after 6 months or so? we came last again and in similar pathetic fashion so raise your hopes for Olympics now!!!!

Height of optimism MOD !! :)

You're a very optimistic guy I must say. :lol:

How does it matter what pakitan does when we Indian are beaten by countries like Newzeland and Argentina??? Is it not matter of concern for us??? If India can not at least retain a no 1 or 2 position in this small 7 nation tournament, what is the hope for Olympics then???

You're a very optimistic guy I must say. :lol:

Our history suggests we can do it again :)

We are currently weak but we have been the Australian cricket team of Hockey throughout the history of this game

Back
Top Bottom