What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more saad.

One more thing I'd like to point out is, we need to integrate FATA into Pakistan; militarily, politically, culturally and economically.

The best way to eliminate feudalism/tribalism is to empower the youth. When you give education to the tribal people/youth, the mentality of their parents will gradually change.
The present system of FATA will also change, it is an evolutionary process and will take time.

You don't have to go to some feudal lord and shoot him rather give him a slow death and that is, empower the slaves.

Pakistan's People party (PPP) and Shah Mehmood Qureshi for PM would be a great choice. Under his leadership and second term for the party, PPP would be a force to reckon with.

btw, not surprised to see Tehreek Insaaf blowing the rest of the competition out of the water in the poll, but that's always been the case, IK has been a poster boy for idealist fanboys on the internet for a long time. Come election day and he gets goose eggs.

Pakistan's People party (PPP) and Shah Mehmood Qureshi for PM would be a great choice. Under his leadership and second term for the party, PPP would be a force to reckon with.

btw, not surprised to see Tehreek Insaaf blowing the rest of the competition out of the water in the poll but that's always been the case, IK has been a poster boy for idealists fanboys on the internet for a longtime. Come election day and he gets goose eggs.

"Pakistan's People party (PPP) and Shah Mehmood Qureshi for PM would be a great choice."

I'd like to see some facts/achievements of Mr. Qureshi. Is it possible for you to tell me that how much tax did he file, if any?
His education level?
His views--which side of political spectrum?
His agenda when (if) he comes to power?
His status in the party?

"IK has been a poster boy for idealists fanboys on the internet for a longtime. Come election day and he gets goose eggs."

Feudalism and rigging elections is a norm of your society. It is next to impossible to defeat a guy with money, fame and guns. It will happen soon though. Consider election rigging by security services which includes the secret ones and the U.S. power broker guys. There a lot of factors to look upon.

Explain how this would work.

btw, not surprised to see Tehreek Insaaf blowing the rest of the competition out of the water in the poll, but that's always been the case, IK has been a poster boy for idealist fanboys on the internet for a long time. Come election day and he gets goose eggs.

Right now all we are discussing is the will of people. This is Electronic age and revolution is just around the corner as in Tunis and Egypt which was driven by social media.

I am surprised that having seen Pakistan in this worst situation , PPP supports still bring Bhutto before Jinnah.

MQM has done well in Karachi and most of the people voting for them unfortunately look for their regional benefit while scapegoating wide national interests.

I liked Mustafa Kamal but what did MQM do to him ?

He was rising to outgun that little london boy which would rather have been good. He would have made a really good leader for MQM.

Apart from any political association, I heard that Naimatullah did a good job and in fact, a lot of development projects by Mustafa Kamal started under Naimatullah.

Is it a myth, a fact or partly true?

"Pakistan's People party (PPP) and Shah Mehmood Qureshi for PM would be a great choice."

I'd like to see some facts/achievements of Mr. Qureshi. Is it possible for you to tell me that how much tax did he file, if any?
His education level?
His views--which side of political spectrum?
His agenda when (if) he comes to power?
His status in the party?
look, I dont feel like googling a basic fact sheet on the guy as quiet a lot of that info is readily available on the internet, but off the top of my head he's the foreign minister of Pakistan, quiet charismatic, a lawyer by profession, studied in the UK and in Pakistan's politics since late 70's.

"IK has been a poster boy for idealists fanboys on the internet for a longtime. Come election day and he gets goose eggs."

Feudalism and rigging elections is a norm of your society. It is next to impossible to defeat a guy with money, fame and guns. It will happen soon though. Consider election rigging by security services which includes the secret ones and the U.S. power broker guys. There a lot of factors to look upon.[/QUOTE]

yeah, blame every short comings of IK and his party on the society, and fail to mention the prime reason his party has never been elected and that is because he's the only member in there who people know and like and trust to some extent. There is only "I" or "ME" in his party and that "I" or "Me" is Imran Khan. A political party does not run on one person alone, he doesn't have a game plan, he doesn't have people for his game plan. Aside from Imran, name one person in his party people recognize?

Last edited:
Apart from any political association, I heard that Naimatullah did a good job and in fact, a lot of development projects by Mustafa Kamal started under Naimatullah.

Is it a myth, a fact or partly true?

Honestly i do not know much about this , but letting the political leg pulling aside Mustafa could have stopped all of the projects and started different ones to claim the credit.

Political parties are like a football team , if they rely on one player they will face a humiliating defeat , they must work in team to win the game but Number 9 shirt belongs to only one player if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Explain how this would work.

Right now all we are discussing is the will of people. This is Electronic age and revolution is just around the corner as in Tunis and Egypt which was driven by social media.

oh again with this "revolution". this is what I said Marvi Memon thread clamoring for a revolution.

so Marvi Memon, inspired by Egyptian's protest cites Pakistan's problems and implies indirectly we need a revolution of a sort in Pakistan. She's not alone in this as many in Pakistan must be phyched and in frenzy over the recent middle east events, after all solution to all Pakistan's problems is a "revolution." oh yah, take to the streets en masse and overrun the capital, bravo, and what then? I personally hate the word revolution. A revolution without a clear vision and leadership is nothing but anarchy. Like the one we're facing right now, in the name of Taliban.

let me rephrase this, no street revolution is going to save Pakistan, ok. if anything you'll drive the country further into chaos. You want a fix? sit through the painstakingly slow democratic process. I know it's asking a lot from our people who're always so willing to take to the streets, set fires to public property in their quest for a revolution but a democratic process is the only way.

Honestly i do not know much about this , but letting the political leg pulling aside Mustafa could have stopped all of the projects and started different ones to claim the credit.

Political parties are like a football team , if they rely on one play they will face a humiliating defeat , they must work in team to win the game but Number 9 shirt belongs to only one player if you know what i mean.

Couldn't agree more.

look, I dont feel like googling a basic fact sheet on the guy as quiet a lot of that info is readily available on the internet, but off the top of my head he's the foreign minister of Pakistan, quiet charismatic, a lawyer by profession, studied in the UK and in Pakistan's politics since late 70's.

Feudalism and rigging elections is a norm of your society. It is next to impossible to defeat a guy with money, fame and guns. It will happen soon though. Consider election rigging by security services which includes the secret ones and the U.S. power broker guys. There a lot of factors to look upon.

yeah, blame every short comings of IK and his party on the society, and fail to mention the prime reason he's party has never been elected and that is because he's the only member in there who people know and like and trust to some extent. There is only "I" or "ME" in his party and that "I" or "Me" is Imran Khan. A political party does not run on one person alone, he doesn't have a game plan, he doesn't have people for his game plan. Aside from Imran name one person in his party people recognize?[/QUOTE]

"look, I dont feel like googling a basic fact sheet on the guy as quiet a lot of that info is readily available on the internet"

A staunch supporter like you, one should know few things about the leader. It is not about searching on Internet, it is about how much one already knows.

" but off the top of my head he's the foreign minister of Pakistan, quiet charismatic, a lawyer by profession, studied in the UK and in Pakistan's politics since late 70's."

You failed to answer my question. Charismatic leader, don't use those fancy words, give us facts and not opinions.

No one is perfect. Imran Khan has/had short comings as you pointed out earlier but he is more than perfect if we compare him with current lot of politicians.

Your 'me' and 'I' argument did not make any sense as you did not see some of Imran Khan videos.

oh again with this "revolution". this is what I said Marvi Memon thread clamoring for a revolution.

let me rephrase this, no street revolution is going to save Pakistan, ok. if anything you'll drive the country further into chaos. You want a fix? sit through the painstakingly slow democratic process. I know it's asking a lot from our people who're always so willing to take to the streets, set fires to public property in their quest for a revolution but a democratic process is the only way.

Ok lets put this revolution topic aside for a second , i still am waiting for your qualifier for why to elect SM Qureshi and PPP once again.

Please post his credentials and your assessment of why he can do what his boss Mr zardari & co couldn't.

yeah, blame every short comings of IK and his party on the society, and fail to mention the prime reason he's party has never been elected and that is because he's the only member in there who people know and like and trust to some extent. There is only "I" or "ME" in his party and that "I" or "Me" is Imran Khan. A political party does not run on one person alone, he doesn't have a game plan, he doesn't have people for his game plan. Aside from Imran name one person in his party people recognize?

"look, I dont feel like googling a basic fact sheet on the guy as quiet a lot of that info is readily available on the internet"

A staunch supporter like you, one should know few things about the leader. It is not about searching on Internet, it is about how much one already knows.

" but off the top of my head he's the foreign minister of Pakistan, quiet charismatic, a lawyer by profession, studied in the UK and in Pakistan's politics since late 70's."

You failed to answer my question. Charismatic leader, don't use those fancy words, give us facts and not opinions.

No one is perfect. Imran Khan has/had short comings as you pointed out earlier but he is more than perfect if we compare him with current lot of politicians.

Your 'me' and 'I' argument did not make any sense as you did not see some of Imran Khan videos.[/QUOTE]

ok, I dont want to argue, but he aint winning guy. He's got on one in his party but him. If tomorrow his party were to win, he wouldn't have enough capable people to assign them their respective posts.

Wait, guys elections are in 2012? I was lead to believe that the tenure for prime ministers is 5 years in Pakistan, hence thought elections were in 2013. If it's in 2012 then it's indeed good news as we'd have 1 less year to live with this buffoonery.

Wait, guys elections are in 2012? I was lead to believe that the tenure for prime ministers is 5 years in Pakistan, hence thought elections were in 2013. If it's in 2012 then it's indeed good news as we'd have 1 less year to live with this buffoonery.

Changed !:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom