What's new

Pakistan has 90- 110 nuclear weapons – Iran has none. Who is a greater thre

Status
Not open for further replies.
India has about a 1000 thousand Nuclear weapons in plutonium stock piles, so India in 10 times more dangerous to world peace than Pakistan, following the Indian illogic statements, while Iran presents 0 zero danger, so it should be kept out of it.

Current arsenal and estimates of inventory(India):

In 2005, it was estimated that India had between 40 and 50 warheads.[9]

In November 2008, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists estimated that India has about 70 assembled nuclear warheads, with about 50 of them fully operational.[10]

A report by David Albright, published by the Institute for Science and International Security in 2000, estimated that India at end of 1999 had 310 kilograms of weapon grade plutonium, enough for 65 nuclear weapons. He also estimated that India had 4,200 kg of reactor grade plutonium which is enough to build 1,000 nuclear weapons.[11][12] By the end of 2004, he estimates India had 445 kilograms of weapon grade plutonium which is enough for around 85 nuclear weapons considering 5 kg of plutonium required for each weapon.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

The most widely accepted estimates of India's plutonium production have been made by David Albright ([Albright et al 1997], [Albright 2000]). His most recent estimate (October 2000) was that by the end of 1999 India had available between 240 and 395 kg of weapon grade plutonium for weapons production, with a median value of 310 kg. He suggests that this is sufficient for 45 - 95 weapons (median estimate 65). The production of weapon grade plutonium has actually been greater, but about 130 kg of plutonium has been consumed - principally in fueling two plutonium reactors, but also in weapons tests. His estimate for India's holdings of less-than-weapons-grade plutonium (reactor or fuel grade plutonium) are 4200 kg of unsafeguarded plutonium (800 kg of this already separated) and 4100 kg of IAEA safeguarded plutonium (25 kg of this separated). This unsafeguarded quantity could be used to manufacture roughly 1000 nuclear weapons, if India so chose (which would give it the third largest arsenal in the world, behind only the U.S. and Russia).

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/India/IndiaArsenal.html

"Pakistan has 90- 110 nuclear weapons – Iran has none. Who is a greater threat?"
- So, would you like to justify your comments?
Yes, you asked me about why would Pakistan Nuke Iran, I would like to point once again to the title which says which nation is a greater threat, to anyone. I said using a nuke on Iran is next to impossible as it will bring such condemnation, Iam in affect making it clear as to what happens if you fire a nuclear weapon on a country which has none.. also the thread title is about Iran and not India. you spoke about India and the first strike by Pakistan if I understood you correctly, hence I said that India will retaliate and then i added the part to keep my post relevant to the current thread saying Iran has good armed forces and no less capable..

It is widely published that Pakistan has more nukes than India, dont you know this, its surprising :)

Hi,

It is indian propaganda----in truth---india has many more than pakistan. Everything else it has more of---and suddenly with nukes it will have less---time for a stupid pill for the world.

There is no specific numbers declared by Pakistan and India. We couldn't trust on speculations circling around. India might possess nukes more than Pakistan because India's nuclear preparation not only for Pakistan but for China too. Now it's depends over Pakistan nuclear strategic planner what number they believed sufficient to deter India. 80, 110 OR 500.

Yes, you asked me about why would Pakistan Nuke Iran, I would like to point once again to the title which says which nation is a greater threat, to anyone. I said using a nuke on Iran is next to impossible as it will bring such condemnation, Iam in affect making it clear as to what happens if you fire a nuclear weapon on a country which has none.. also the thread title is about Iran and not India. you spoke about India and the first strike by Pakistan if I understood you correctly, hence I said that India will retaliate and then i added the part to keep my post relevant to the current thread saying Iran has good armed forces and no less capable..

It's good thing to learn the context of post before pressing "Reply With Quote" and jumping in and one must read OP and try to understand what's topic before starting debate. From you post i have concluded that You are unable to understand that the article is propaganda against Pakistan not a good news for Pakistan as Writer is trying to project Pakistan is greater threat for world not Iran. And lastly you must read my post again - there is no word such as India in that post.

Any country that has 50-100 nukes and has a dedicated delivery system is more than a military power. You don't need a 1000 nukes to scare off another country. Look at NK they only have a hand full of nukes and nobody dares to attack them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom