What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

Modernization of agosta is very interesting for me.Pakistan uses perry class frigate which has genesis.Now with 4 ada class and agostas with genesis Pakistan fleet become very capable.
With these ships we can except Pakistan will get Akya torpedo,Atmaca asw,Aselsan tork etc
If we look carefully to EFES 2016 except US and Germany all countries are our strategic allies and we will support them with our weapons.This is the beginning we may see ada class corvettes also in SA,QATAR,Ukraine etc.
They need us and we need them.
I hope we get to see the Havelsan and Aselsan subsystems on the eight Chinese submarines we have on order as well. Would make for excellent synergy.

I hope we get to see the Havelsan and Aselsan subsystems on the eight Chinese submarines we have on order as well. Would make for excellent synergy.

its very possible as Pakistan always buy hybrid systems from China, even F-22P have many western systems in it.

:wave:

How are you doing bro? Long time no see! Neptune, Yes?

What about CAFRAD? Overkill or a good idea? What about a long range SAM? HHQ-9 seems to be the only viable option.

Edit: Sorry, I confused you with another Turkish member.
No Mate i am not Neptune, though he is around here @Neptune ,sometimes.

Light CAFRAD might be applied on a new frigate after TF2000 but it would mean a long way till then. A whole CAFRAD would be waste of money on such a small vessel, while an integrated tower with reduced version would be a boost. If Pakistan desires to be so , HHQ might be install but i have deep fears that chinese guys would copy tiny details from Milgem ,and this is so far only my worry. I have began to consider,will Turkey give a full Ada class,or rather a reduced version, or a version designed upon need of Pakistan? At the moment design offices are quite busy in here and that would lead to delays.

Soft touches on procurement projects commenced between two brother states...

-Turkey agreed to purchase Super Mushaks
-Turkey treasure agreed to release loan 400 million $ for 4 Milgem class corvettes for Pakistan
&
-T-129 Atak P6 was tested on Baluchistan successfully
-Turkey will upgrade Pakistani submarines. The deal is expected to be done in this months.

What a great news ! I hope the cooperation will expand more on missile field. Construction of Istanbul class frigate will also be commenced in a short time.

Soft touches on procurement projects commenced between two brother states...

-Turkey agreed to purchase Super Mushaks
-Turkey treasure agreed to release loan 400 million $ for 4 Milgem class corvettes for Pakistan
&
-T-129 Atak P6 was tested on Baluchistan successfully
-Turkey will upgrade Pakistani submarines. The deal is expected to be done in this months.

What a great news ! I hope the cooperation will expand more on missile field. Construction of Istanbul class frigate will also be commenced in a short time.

What upgrade Turkey can provide to Agosta 90Bs?? and after those upgrades where they will stand compared to Kilos, Type-209s & Scorpion subs of India?

What upgrade Turkey can provide to Agosta 90Bs?? and after those upgrades where they will stand compared to Kilos, Type-209s & Scorpion subs of India?

If capabilities on submarine procurement are checked, The inputs of Turkey would be as following;

-Submarine command control system and consols.
-Aselsan QWIP based Periscope technology
-Torpedo counter Measure system and computers called Hizir
-Active Torpedo defense Torpido integration called TORK
-ARES-2NS submarine electronic support-attack system
-Milsoft Link systems
-Underwater telephone
-Communication systems

Turkey's participation (around %81) to U-214TN project
typ214_tr_contribution.jpg

Last edited:
400m for 4 frigates is too cheap.I think we makde each for 256m for ourselve.There is a gap in this scenerio.

I think Atak is equivalent of super cobra. It is a bit better than it but a bit worse than Apache. We should wait for the final form with Mildar.

400m for 4 frigates is too cheap.I think we makde each for 256m for ourselve.There is a gap in this scenerio.

I think Atak is equivalent of super cobra. It is a bit better than it but a bit worse than Apache. We should wait for the final form with Mildar.
Could just be a loan for a portion of the deal, with the rest coming via a deposit from Pakistan. May also be the cost of just the hulls and propulsion, with the sensors, electronics and weapons being sourced separately.

Atak became seriously proven and reliable war machine in the hands of Turkish engineers. She is being tested in exercises along with real fight environment against PKK successfully.

Some actions from Efes-2016 exercise Pakistan also participated actively !

i dont think 400 million will be for 4 ships not even the chinese can build ships that cheap. it will be an initial loan to make up the rest. looking at the numbers i would deal the deal to be in the region of 800-1000 million. i would expect it to be about 800 million where 50/50 will be split between a loan and national funds would be used i guess the 270 million from the failed f16 deal was well utilised. 800 million is a good price considering athe f22p which has a displacement similar to that of the milgem and capability even if not more. yet it cost the 700 million for 4 ships from china. 800 million would be a good guess at 200 million a piece but this depends on the weapons and the sensor suite choosen.

Milgem class was offered to Pakistan around 4-5 years ago, maybe more. A military delegation from Pakistan were also visited TCG Heybeliada during construction phase but Pakistani officials selected Chinese proposal F-22P against Milgem.

tara0006-1.jpg

With this way, I think Pakistan met the requirements of mission profile to be carried out by Milgem/F-22P class. It is the reason why I didn't get the point behind Why Pakistan wants to construct Milgem class warships at present. A deal containing the details of construction Istanbul class frigates would be more logical.

TCG Buyukada, Milgem
dsc_7221.jpg

We don't know the details at present but There is one thing for sure that Pakistan and Turkey will not only collaborate for just state of art Milgem but also other Turkish warship projects including İstanbul class and TF-2000 class warships in following years. Milgem deal is a clear indication of Pakistan's changing route towards Turkey's naval solutions against Chinese alternatives. I don't know which factor enables Pakistani officials to alter route for Turkey. It is maybe because of quality issues tested by first hand but Pakistan-Turkey engineers on naval projects will construct the best solutions for World seas.

TCG Buyukada
78064.jpg

Pakistan and Turkey current naval cooperations !
-Fleet tanker project
-Milgem project

Possible other warship projects Pakistan may collaborate !

-Istanbul class frigate (Design phase is completed)
Commencement: 2018
3 frigate simultaneously construction project model
12087058_1025175307522282_8017546860571205175_o.jpg

TF-2000 Air Defence frigate (Design phase is proceeding)
Around 8000t displacement
Around 150m Length
CAFRAD state of art GaN based Radar complex
A03170669150509121205.jpg

so what's the difference between Ada Class Corvette and FD-100 ???

-Longer hull
-VLS missile launch capability (ESSM-2, SM-1 or Hisar missiles) (16 cell MK-41)
-Superior protection against aerial threats
-Greater ship to ship fire power thanks to 16 Atmaca anti-ship missiles

But @cabatli_53 isn't the Ada-class large enough to house 8 or 16 small-VLS cells - like Umkhonto or Hisar?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom