What's new

Pakistan, India - Problems & Solutions

Shah01

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am sure this has been discussed before but maybe not to this extent.The aim of this thread is to learn from each other, outline the problems between Pakistan and India and have an intellectual debate which may lead to some solutions to the problems. How these solutions could be presented to the populace as a win win for both sides? How the sentiment of populace could be changed (from the current views)? Furthermore if the solutions are adopted then what benefits it will make towards our future generations? I would like to discuss the social effects of reduced/no skirmishes/conflicts in the region. How the money could be spent on other projects for the betterment of the populace rather than just arms. I will request knowledgeable members from the Indian side as well as Pakistani side to add to this thread.

There are countless threads on Kashmir, water issues, Siachen Glacier and Sir Creek. By reading these I understand if these matters can be resolved than efforts can be diverted to betterment of populace rather than try to destroy each other. I am glad that members from both sides acknowledge these problems but with a difference. Kashmir Valley seems to be the focal point. This is where the problem lies and I am sure this is where the solution can be found. Correct me if I am wrong (I have limited knowledge on this topic so would like to learn more)?

If the valley is the focal point then what would it take to have the plebiscite (or other solution) only in this part? Resolve all the other issues such as water, Sir Creek and Siachen Glacier on the back of this? Would it be possible to have a middle way and what would that be? I am sure most Indian members will think India has the upper hand and the status quo will be just fine but we need to resolve these issues to enable us for the part below:

I have been thinking about a few points and how they will lift living standards of populace on both sides. I am sure vast majority will not share my thinking and it could be decades if the foundation work is laid today before seeing fruit of it with no skirmishes/conflicts.

Joint/Sharing of intelligence on terrorists.
Getting rid of proxies on both sides (dismantling all non-state actors).
Keep the borders closed with trade and movement from designated points? Maybe and just maybe free trade agreements in future.
Joint security (outside threats - far in future). Include other countries (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka). A mini UN for Asia and rightly so as almost 22% live in these countries? I haven't added China to the mix.....

So I welcome members to have a mature debate and find solutions rather than iterate the problems.

Can I make this clear that this thread is not for trolls. Can I request mods to take out any unrelated posts and ban anyone insulting others from the thread.

@Joe Shearer , @hellfire , @jbgt90 , @baajey , @nair , @Rain Man , @-xXx-, @banvanaxl , @Spectre
@WAJsal , @The Eagle , @Horus , @Windjammer , @Devil Soul

"India Pakistan, Problem and solutions"
NOTHING MORE THAN HEADACHE.

Make Loc international border. Make Iok part of india but make iok as a buffer state temporarily
with special privellage. Since the problem is only in iok allow the kashmiris to migrate to pakistan if they want to in the first 5 year of this roadmap. Once this is done indian army pulls back from occupied kashmir to win trust of people.

For pakistan to benefit economically allow india transit to afghanistan, increase trades etc

allow the kashmiris to migrate to pakistan if they want to in the first 5 year of this roadmap.
Kashmiris are already free to migrate to Pakistan if they wish. as long as Pakistan is willing to provide them citizenship.
IMO if article 370 is abolished and AFSPA is removed ( once things calm down), then J& K can be a normal state like all the others of India.

Kashmiris in the forum should come up and express their views on this please.

I am sure this has been discussed before but maybe not to this extent.The aim of this thread is to learn from each other, outline the problems between Pakistan and India and have an intellectual debate which may lead to some solutions to the problems. How these solutions could be presented to the populace as a win win for both sides? How the sentiment of populace could be changed (from the current views)? Furthermore if the solutions are adopted then what benefits it will make towards our future generations? I would like to discuss the social effects of reduced/no skirmishes/conflicts in the region. How the money could be spent on other projects for the betterment of the populace rather than just arms. I will request knowledgeable members from the Indian side as well as Pakistani side to add to this thread.

There are countless threads on Kashmir, water issues, Siachen Glacier and Sir Creek. By reading these I understand if these matters can be resolved than efforts can be diverted to betterment of populace rather than try to destroy each other. I am glad that members from both sides acknowledge these problems but with a difference. Kashmir Valley seems to be the focal point. This is where the problem lies and I am sure this is where the solution can be found. Correct me if I am wrong (I have limited knowledge on this topic so would like to learn more)?

If the valley is the focal point then what would it take to have the plebiscite (or other solution) only in this part? Resolve all the other issues such as water, Sir Creek and Siachen Glacier on the back of this? Would it be possible to have a middle way and what would that be? I am sure most Indian members will think India has the upper hand and the status quo will be just fine but we need to resolve these issues to enable us for the part below:

I have been thinking about a few points and how they will lift living standards of populace on both sides. I am sure vast majority will not share my thinking and it could be decades if the foundation work is laid today before seeing fruit of it with no skirmishes/conflicts.

Joint/Sharing of intelligence on terrorists.
Getting rid of proxies on both sides (dismantling all non-state actors).
Keep the borders closed with trade and movement from designated points? Maybe and just maybe free trade agreements in future.
Joint security (outside threats - far in future). Include other countries (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka). A mini UN for Asia and rightly so as almost 22% live in these countries? I haven't added China to the mix.....

So I welcome members to have a mature debate and find solutions rather than iterate the problems.

Can I make this clear that this thread is not for trolls. Can I request mods to take out any unrelated posts and ban anyone insulting others from the thread.

@Joe Shearer , @hellfire , @jbgt90 , @baajey , @nair , @Rain Man , @-xXx-, @banvanaxl , @Spectre
@WAJsal , @The Eagle , @Horus , @Windjammer , @Devil Soul
the best way is to let go of Integral Part shit
get on the Table and stay engaged in Talks regardless of outcome
this will surely normalize relations and then everything can be sorted out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom