What's new

Pakistan is most important neighbour of India: Chidambaram

Kinshuk

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan is most important neighbour of India: Chidambaram

NEW DELHI, Feb. 21 (APP) Pakistan is the most important neighbour of India and politics should come into the way of commerce.Indian Home Minister P Chidambaram said this while laying the foundation stone for the first Integrated Check Post at Attari on Pak-India border.“Even though Pakistan had not reciprocated by granting “Most Favoured Nation” (MFN) status, this did not mean that India should stop encouraging trade and commerce with that country.
“We shall continue our negotiations on this account and seek to facilitate movement of passengers as well as cargo along the land route,” The Hindu quoting him said.
“India has many neighbours and the one to our west is the most important,” he said.
India has planned 13 Integrated Check Posts (ICPs) along its borders with Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Myanmar.
The facility at Attari will become operational in 14 months at a projected cost of Rs.150 crore.
The ICP at Attari will provide facilities of customs, immigration and taxation clearances for passenger as well as cargo traffic. At present, due to lack of proper facilities lengthy delays are caused in clearance of trucks carrying goods between India and Pakistan.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Pakistan is most important neighbour of India: Chidambaram

glad we realise that we are both important to each other in terms of trade, security, culture, history. lets work together for the betterment of everyone. we both need to overcome the hawks on each side and behave with maturity

Instead of MFN, favourable trade treatment should be given to businesses on a case by case basis.

Business entities owned or controlled by Pakistan armed forces constitute about 70% of the market cap of the KSE.

Instead of MFN, favourable trade treatment should be given to businesses on a case by case basis.

Business entities owned or controlled by Pakistan armed forces constitute about 70% of the market cap of the KSE.[/QUOTE]

HK,
What makes you say that?

Business entities owned or controlled by Pakistan armed forces constitute about 70% of the market cap of the KSE.

HK,
What makes you say that?

Reports that I have read in various places ... I believe there was a survey by Ayesha Siddiqa.

Reports that I have read in various places ... I believe there was a survey by Ayesha Siddiqa.

I personally think that is an absolutely ridiculous figure so I would suggest you do not quote it as a fact in future.
If you can provide me a link or PM it, i would look into it.
Thanks.

There is an old saying that case by case basis usually ends up being suitcase by suitcase basis. The best way is to totally end discretionary powers since such arbitrary decisions tends to only benefit vested interests.

Indians have been dreaming that without India Pakistani trade will collaps then why you guys come up with these statements like the one Chidambaram issues when it comes to Indian needs???

Anyway Without Kashmir issue resolved, we are in no mood to have full time trade with India

Indians have been dreaming that without India Pakistani trade will collaps then why you guys come up with these statements like the one Chidambaram issues when it comes to Indian needs???

Anyway Without Kashmir issue resolved, we are in no mood to have full time trade with India

As you wish:azn:

Well you can go ahead and buy this book:

Military Inc.: Inside Pakistan's Military Economy: Amazon.ca: Ayesha Siddiqa: Books

Or alternatively read this book review :

KO :: Military Inc.: Inside Pakistan's Military Economy

Do what suits you.

http://www.i-trade.com.pk/downloads/listedCompanies.pdf

Why don't you guys count for us these 70% of companies on the KSE under the Army...

Links of Aysha Siddiqa with Indians have been published many times over. She obviously wrote this at the behest of her benefactors from your country. As you guys have just done some hawai firing, she did too. She provided no proof for any of her claims.

Back
Top Bottom