What's new

Pakistan is now a $300-billion economy "Growth rate hits nine-year high of 5.28pc"

You never fail to disappoint my friend. You are the reason I joined PDF. Your posts make my day.

By the way any thoughts on the Turkish economy. Last I heard you are planning to grow at 2.5% this year. Any ideas from ancient Islamic history or mythology to explain the anomaly?
And, you are the ones that revitalize me to delve more into this forum to share the accumulative thoughts and mindsets of the folks who have remained pro-active for the last 2 millenniums in all parts of the known world!!! As for Turkey, keep on watching - the surfaces haven't been scratched yet!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Noora league is responsible for a lot of ills in Pakistan. Supporting them amounts to supporting the same corrupt, illiterate and ineligible politicians that ruined the country. It is not that hard to rig elections. NS is blamed to have done that as was Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto proven to have done so. What is difficult is to prove that rigging occured and how much it occurred. I would prefer voting to be done under the supervision of both the army and the UN for a country like Pakistan. It is a known fact and I have witnessed in Karachi that MQM has with might of guns forced people to come to their rallys and cast bogus votes. No reason the ethnic party of punjab can't do the same.

If we keep voting for the same people we will get the same results. Noora league is corrupt and anti national. You know it well and you vote for it. The only thing holding together the current voting trends are ethnic chauvinism, vote for baradari/muhallay ki party and bogus votes.

Listen brother, people in punjab know reality of Sindh and how much PPP have developed it over the last 40 years. PTI is better option but as long as N keep delivering on it's promise then they can't be defeated. Now other parties are working against development of punjab by doing dharnas etc

Unlike in other provinces, people in punjab ask for development. Even most corrupt MNA will have to invest some money to develop village where he want to get vote. Roads, school etc Ideally there should be 0% corruption but even Imran Khan can't guarantee corruption free Pakistan. He closed KP NAB for last 4 years because some cases were opened against his allies.

Other parties can't see developed punjab, they want to cut share in NFC for punjab more and more. That way they will say look punjab is as underdeveloped as us while they get more budget on per person basis.

And since you never have visited any other area apart from karachi, don't judge rest of Pakistan through qatal party MQM. In Punjab there is total ban on guns display, especially by political parties. Target killing of opposition parties is 0 unlike in Karachi. And PTI is as much "punjabi" party as N.

Following reproduced from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/black economy

: illicit economic activity done in violation of official regulationsBy tax-avoidance and regulation-evasion;

And yes, there is a certain Black Economy that deals with drug trafficking, extortion, smuggling, hording etc. But when we talk about undocumented economy or parallel economy (some economists in Pakistan don't like the word black in the context), we are taking about legit business that don't report its production, revenue figures etc. Actual size of Pak Economy is quite different. That was my point;
--What was your point that in the context of discussion "black economy, undocumented economy, shadow economy, parallel economy are all the same things. Do some research"?

As for external debt; discussion trail was relationship between taxes to GDP ratio and External Debt: and you barged in with a new tangent of 'foreign exchange reserves': what this tangent has to do with Taxes to GDP ration and External Debt? or going by your logic, what has GDP has to do with External Debt?
USA has exchange reserves of $118,795 million and external debt of $18,235,489 Million, so what is your point?

Kardeshim, please ignore these folks. They'll never understand how the economy in pre-dominantly Muslim countries work!!!! They have no clue about Rizk, Himmet, Bereket, Fazilet, Ehmiyet, Sedaket etc. factors and how they work!!!! They don't understand how Esnaf (self-employed folks in different trades) keep the economy going with their overwhelming Iman!!!! And, of course they are deprived of 7 to 70 times return policy!!!!!!This is the physical manifestation of Adam Smith's "invisible HAND"!!!!! I think one Jewish professor has got some hints - it's "P2K" - patronage to kinship!!!!!

There are trillions of $$ economies and we're bragging about 300 billion. Our enemy country is also trillions of $$ economy. Long way to go. The current government is playing number game to inspire dumb people so they get elected again in 2018.

DHandli zada election na ho to :D

Nawaz is here to stay
Like it or not there is not a single Pakistani leader that has a Pan-Pakistani presence like Nawaz Sharif.
Add to that the effective implementation of CPEC & his success in solving the electricity issue in Pakistan.
Mark my words 2018 mein Nawaz sharif will return to power with an even bigger majority

& his success in solving the electricity issue in Pakistan.
latest

Lie
Mark my words 2018 mein Nawaz sharif will return to power with an even bigger majority
All depends on the final verdict of Panama case

And since you never have visited any other area apart from karachi, don't judge rest of Pakistan through qatal party MQM. In Punjab there is total ban on guns display, especially by political parties. Target killing of opposition parties is 0 unlike in Karachi. And PTI is as much "punjabi" party as N.
:rofl:
Kaka ini chawlaan na maar model town haley wi lokan no yaar ey
Now other parties are working against development of punjab by doing dharnas etc
Jaag punjabi jaag mentality good :-)
people in punjab ask for development. Even most corrupt MNA will have to invest some money to develop village where he want to get vote.
Or just distribute 500Rs per person like in our village :D (My vote was in Islamabad but it happened i know people who took money and who gave them)
Ideally there should be 0% corruption
And a pathway toward it is by arresting the big fish
In Punjab there is total ban on guns display, especially by political parties
Hamari gunehgaar ankhoan ney aswj ki rally daikhi hy ye mat bolo munnah :D

Off topic/Sh!tpost but here is a reply:

sqMjuSv.jpg

17239763_1340472579366313_3330335272095718272_o.jpg

8HSBAUn.jpg

want more?

bro! that is civil sector funding...isnt it? im sorry if im wrong

Listen brother, people in punjab know reality of Sindh and how much PPP have developed it over the last 40 years. PTI is better option but as long as N keep delivering on it's promise then they can't be defeated. Now other parties are working against development of punjab by doing dharnas etc

Unlike in other provinces, people in punjab ask for development. Even most corrupt MNA will have to invest some money to develop village where he want to get vote. Roads, school etc Ideally there should be 0% corruption but even Imran Khan can't guarantee corruption free Pakistan. He closed KP NAB for last 4 years because some cases were opened against his allies.

Other parties can't see developed punjab, they want to cut share in NFC for punjab more and more. That way they will say look punjab is as underdeveloped as us while they get more budget on per person basis.

Jaag punjabi jaag mentality good :-)them)

We need Pakistani Gabbar:D:D:partay:

who is left, then? and how do you think such professionals will come in power?
I don't know who will be left since all i see is people fleeing ,Specially the crop of our brightest generation with whom I did my A levels ,These days instead of serving the nation the youth is more interesting in popularity and studying in Ivy leagues.
First we should have educational reforms ,Just copy the whole A-level system ,Why is it so much hard to do?.
A-levels already has Islamiat ,Urdu etc.
Divide them into social sciences ,humanities ,languages,mathematics ,Sciences and literature.
You will automatically create a generation that is based on professionalism if you have educational equity in the country and standard which doesn't necessary have to be like cambridge or pearsons but at-least reflect.

dont agree with this, if you have a problem with wealth then please distribute your belongings to the poor, no one will stop you. besides no one will invest in Pakistan in the first place, not even Pakistanis if stupid, bhuttoistic laws like those are put in place, and there goes your economic growth plan down the drain.

My own dream is to establish schools in my hometown of northern chitral and educate children by teaching them O levels and further if i can A levels, if only I had the money to do so.

I don't have a problem with wealth infact i didn't mean to strangle people to death with those laws ,Its merely to introduce economic equality through high Tax if your annual income is huge and you have banks filled with cash.
Some People in our elite class are total maniacs owning dozens of cars and property ,Not forgetting the ones below the chain have their problems,Hence you do something to create a stable society by introducing economic equality ,Otherwise you will end up with 60 million poor pakistanis and 1.0 percent Upper elite which is the case today.

There are trillions of $$ economies and we're bragging about 300 billion. Long way to go. The current government is playing number game to inspire dumb people so they get elected again in 2018.
Bro what are you talking about? First off, we're a very young nation and are still developing - there is no way in hell that we're going to randomly become a trillion dollar economy. Growth takes time and hard work: you also need the right factors such as population, location, education, resources and etc... We have been doing really well despite facing the brunt of terrorism for over a decade.

Our enemy country is also trillions of $$ economy.
What do you expect for a nation that is much larger than us in terms of land, population, resources, influence and so on... about 50-60 years ago, India had a 15x larger economy than us - now that gap has lessened to around 5x and will hopefully continue to lessen in time.

We should be grateful for once, Pakistanis are always negative - this attitude is unhealthy, for everyone.

This time imran khan must come to power, who knows he might be different then these regular parties

Jaag punjabi jaag mentality good :-)

Or just distribute 500Rs per person like in our village :D (My vote was in Islamabad but it happened i know people who took money and who gave them)

Looks like you can't see development of punjab. You think khush hal punjab mean less votes for PTI. That mentality is wrong. Now after 18th amendment and unfair NFC award no more excuses of Islamabad doing that and this. N with limited budget have proved again they cannot be beaten when it comes to development.

Back
Top Bottom