What's new

Pakistan is weeks away from default, decisive actions must be taken by estab.

Pakistan won’t default at all

Stakes are too high for others if Pakistan defaults

From last few years Pakistan is kept in gray list to teach a lesson but Pakistan is not ready to go fully against china and people need to understand whole world doesn’t revolve around Pakistan politics

New blocks are emerging and one super power trying to keep as many countries into its block as possible but countries like Pakistan cannot stay in one block of western countries only due to its strategic location

Pakistan just need to play it’s cards right to get out of this situation,

Imran khan also failed to capitalise on this and pushed Pakistan into more world politics rather then staying under the threshold without getting notice which was needed but hero benay kay chakar mai sab khuch dao per laga gaya hai

It was rightly said by imran khan that Pakistan need to stay out of conflicts and only work for Pakistan interests but that can be achieved without becoming hero, action speaks louder than words

Anyways, let’s see how it unfold where we are and definitely there will be hard times coming

@VCheng I have seen you advocating for a default many times so can you kindly explain why a default would be a good thing for Pakistan?

@VCheng I have seen you advocating for a default many times so can you kindly explain why a default would be a good thing for Pakistan?

Please note that I am NOT advocating for anything. I merely mention default as an option that is always available to Pakistan. Every decision made will have its pros and cons, of course.

Please note that I am NOT advocating for anything. I merely mention default as an option that is always available to Pakistan. Every decision made will have its pros and cons, of course.
Of course, all decisions have pros and cons but I fail to see any pros of defaulting. So can you kindly explain why a default would be a good thing for Pakistan?

Of course, all decisions have pros and cons but I fail to see any pros of defaulting. So can you kindly explain why a default would be a good thing for Pakistan?

There are no pros to defaulting, except that it is easy :p:

I don't think he is saying there are any pros, just that it is not the end of the world. Its not as if someone will come and take over Pakistan. The perceived 'pros' of default may lie in what will happen if you decide not to default. If you are really headed towards default (I do not know if you are), then how will you avoid it except some country coming to your rescue with some 'riders' attached? Then it becomes a trade off between those riders and the consequences of defaulting

There are no pros to defaulting, except that it is easy :p:

I don't think he is saying there are any pros, just that it is not the end of the world. Its not as if someone will come and take over Pakistan. The perceived 'pros' of default may lie in what will happen if you decide not to default. If you are really headed towards default (I do not know if you are), then how will you avoid it except some country coming to your rescue with some 'riders' attached? Then it becomes a trade off between those riders and the consequences of defaulting
They are well within the range of recovery. It is just PTI supporters who want the world to end if Imran cannot rule Pakistan :disagree:

They are well within the range of recovery. It is just PTI supporters who want the world to end if Imran cannot rule Pakistan :disagree:
Yes, I thought Muslims don't believe in Cults. This is a bigger cult in the making.

The biggest pro is that Pakistan will not have to repay its debts immediately. The biggest cons are are financial hardship for the people and extreme difficulty in getting more loans, both of which may not be entirely bad in certain ways. After all, there have been many defaults by so many countries over the years that offer good case studies.

The biggest pro is that Pakistan will not have to repay its debts immediately. The biggest cons are are financial hardship for the people and extreme difficulty in getting more loans, both of which may not be entirely bad in certain ways. After all, there have been many defaults by so many countries over the years that offer good case studies.
You may say that a default may make a country financially more sensible. But you are talking about long term. A default will make sure in short term, Pakistan economy will be destroyed, it will be a similar situation like in Sri Lanka, recovery will take 8-10 years by that time, Your adversary India will be 25 times your GDP and 3-4 times your per capita.

Pakistan is not Russia, we lack the industrial base required to restart like that without too many dire consequences.

You may say that a default may make a country financially more sensible. But you are talking about long term. A default will make sure in short term, Pakistan economy will be destroyed, it will be a similar situation like in Sri Lanka, recovery will take 8-10 years by that time, Your adversary India will be 25 times your GDP and 3-4 times your per capita.
India will be 3-4 times in GDP per capita by 2030 even if they don’t default, don’t forget their TFR is 3.5 while ours is 2.1 rn.

Pakistan is not Russia, we lack the industrial base required to restart like that without too many dire consequences.

Please keep in mind that we also lack the industrial base to carry on as we have been for the last few decades.

Russia is more of an oil/gas economy. They are a shadow of their larger Soviet past. But I agree with the larger meaning behind your post that Pakistani economy does not have the same luxuries as Russia.

Please keep in mind that we also lack the industrial base to carry on as we have been for the last few decades.
You are correct; however, it would be easier to build the industrial base we lack with our current conditions versus if we default.

You are correct; however, it would be easier to build the industrial base we lack with our current conditions versus if we default.

That relative "ease" must be compared to the increasing difficulty of servicing the existing debt by taking on more debt.

Back
Top Bottom