What's new

pakistan lose to england! what next

the selectors needs to quit so as the coach from what i've seen yestarday i should stop watching cricket.

To yunus khan's comments bout t20-'nach na jane to angan tera'......pietersen said the same 1 year back,now look at his post ipl comments.....

Pakistan played so horrible - even in all the recent games against India. they were pathetic , i love a great competition between india and pakistan when we play each other- Nail bitting and shouting and oooooff ohhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhyytt

-------- i miss those saeed anwar and amir sohail days - i no doubt hated them those days ( i love them now - as i look back how they played).
aqib javed , waqar , wasim , mustaq , saqlain , even the second line bowlers- razzaq and azhar mahamood. then those moin khan and inzi and not to forget Ijaz ahamad -. and hardest player to get out - salim malik.

Miandad ki galiyan- loool with sarjha's crowd.
and even against all this indian palyer stood tall and gave some competition.

good ol days- they were brightest days of cricket.

June 7, 2009

Posted by Kamran Abbasi at 7:43 PM in Twenty20 World Cup 2009

Rubbish Pakistan make England look good

c7683d480c26b3e1be1062849750c78f.jpg

Pakistan not only lost to England but they also demoralised their supporters today. In their international return to The Oval, Pakistan produced an insipid performance that now endangers their chances of qualification for the next stage of the tournament.
The major problem for Pakistan supporters is that their team hasn't even come close to winning any of the warm-up matches or the opening encounter against the hosts. It is hard to pinpoint where Pakistan lost this match, as they lost it almost everywhere and every which way they turned. Pakistan, in truth, have looked below par in every department, with the biggest concerns around the fielding and batting.

A lack of ability could be excused but a lack of competitiveness cannot. Pakistan's team has given the appearance of taking this whole tournament too lightly, which is a shock as this is Pakistan's opportunity to remind that world that it is a cricketing power that should not be ignored. On these performances, Pakistan can be easily ignored.

Younis Khan described the tournament as "fun" and something not to be taken too seriously as its main role is to entertain supporters. The miserable expressions of thousands of Pakistan fans in the stadium would beg to differ.

These supporters have been brought up on the bravado of Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Inzamam-ul Haq. The current approach of the Pakistan squad and its entourage is an insult to its millions of supporters and their heroic predecessors.

After all, this is a World Cup. Supporters pay to watch at the stadium, via satellite, and on the Internet. They want to see their team win. If not win, they want to see their team battle. Fun comes a poor third in the hierarchy.

Pakistan need to quickly get their priorities right. Even a win against The Netherlands may not now be enough.

Ultimately, though, it is hard to blame the players entirely. When a cricket administration is as hopeless as the PCB has been, how can we expect the players to be impeccable professionals?

A trivial match against The Netherlands has now acquired the flavour of a World Cup Final. Come on Pakistan, show some pride and passion.

Breaking News

Abdul Qadir has resigned as Pakistan's chief selector, barely six months into his stint. The move comes the morning after a dispiriting defeat to England in the ICC World Twenty20 in England, but it is believed that was not the spur for the decision.

"Abdul Qadir has handed in his resignation to the chairman of the board and it has been accepted," Salim Altaf, chief operating officer PCB, told Cricinfo. "No reason has been given to us by Qadir."

Wasim Bari, the board's HR head, also confirmed that no reason had been provided by Qadir. "All we know is that he handed in his resignation and it was accepted," he said. The status of the other members of the three-man selection committee, ex-Test cricketers Salim Jaffer and Shoaib Mohammad, is for the moment unaffected. "Only Qadir has handed in his notice," Bari said.

Cricinfo understands, however, that differences had arisen between the chairman of the board, Ijaz Butt, and Qadir. In particular, a recent selection committee meeting in Lahore to pick Pakistan's A squad for their tour to Australia is said to have been pivotal in Qadir's eventual decision.

During the meeting, it is believed Butt and Qadir developed differences over the squad's composition. One source said that Qadir had been irked by Butt's less than tactful dealings with him and was disturbed by interference in selection matters. Butt is said to have taken serious objection to some of the selections in the squad.

Qadir's tenure may have been short on time, but it was not short on news. A unique thinker on the game and a straight talker, Qadir was increasingly a voracious media's dream. Soon after the squad for the Twenty20 World Cup was finalised, Qadir publicly expressed his concerns over the composition, in particular Saeed Ajmal's inclusion. The selection of Shahzaib Hasan - though not opposed at the time - also did not go down well with Qadir.

Soon after he was appointed, his ideas on how Pakistan would warm up for the Sri Lanka series in January - with a series of practice matches among themselves instead of domestic cricket - also attracted the public ire of PCB officials. His relationship with Younis Khan, Pakistan's captain, began rockily but is said to have improved over the months. The deterioration in his relationship with Butt, however, appears to have been more critical, leaving Pakistan looking for its fourth chief selector since the 2007 World Cup

www.cricinfo.com

Last edited:
well like i said duhstamish that we ruled for a decade in the 90s now is INDIA turn..... i remember as kid whenever i went to watch the match in SHARJAH i knew we would win INDIA but by how much was the question...

till today i think you have to check the stats on how many we have won and how many have you won.....

this is YOUR DECADE ENJOY IT!! best of luck to india

BUT i am not pessimistic like i said we will bounce back not this worldcup maybe but EVERYTHING gets worse b4 it GETS better!!! so no worries!!!!

Younis Khan described the tournament as "fun" and something not to be taken too seriously as its main role is to entertain supporters.

well now this is SAD ....if he lost atleast LOSE like a MAN....don't be a jerk and say hey its fun!!!! take responsibilty!!

i bet if he had won he would have said so much crap for himself and his BOYS....so if you want to WIN and be ALL MACHO then atleast lose like a man not a WUSS!!

well like i said duhstamish that we ruled for a decade in the 90s now is INDIA turn..... i remember as kid whenever i went to watch the match in SHARJAH i knew we would win INDIA but by how much was the question...

till today i think you have to check the stats on how many we have won and how many have you won.....

BUT i am not pessimistic like i said we will bounce back not this worldcup maybe but EVERYTHING gets worse b4 it GETS better!!! so no worries!!!!

Indeed we had our time, now its indias time to shine.

i still think if we get all icl players back like yousuf, razzak, rana and imran nazir, we would give a tough fight to the indians, though i have to accept india is a far better team now. but the main reason behind their success is their perfect captain, unlike our he considers a format of game as fun because his team couldnt perform. Dhoni is not that great player that i put him in top class of players but its all about his captaincy. We also need a captain how should have the guts to speak with courage even when losing unlike this present ****

DOn,t worry about first defeat.
Pak can win the second match and bounce back in the tournament.
I would like to see the final between Ind vs Pak.
when these two country plays then cricket looks best game of the universe,
no matter who wins.
I remember when I was about 10 year old,(when Ind and Pak were playing hardly few games with eachother) it was like curfew in the area during the match time.Even my papa and uncle don''t go to their jobs.(thats how I learned to bunk the school during the match day lolz..).

Lets pray for the India vs Pakistan final. because when we talk about cricket in Ind and Pak then 'Its not just a GAME, but its a RELIGION'.

Pakistan have to win by a margin of 24 runs if batting first or chase down the dutch total in 17 overs. This is if there is no rain.

But Pak don't deserve to go through to the next stage, cuz for their captain this is "fun"!!! Let's have some fun watching the dutch who really WANT to be in the finals, no less, according to their captain! Now that's the difference. :)

Lets pray for the India vs Pakistan final. because when we talk about cricket in Ind and Pak then 'Its not just a GAME, but its a RELIGION'.

No not really. Times have changed. There was once a time when it was considered as a national disgrace if we would lost to India, i still remember the world cup where we lost to India and were out of the tournament. Wasim Akram saw tomatoes lying all around his house the next morning.:lol:

June 7, 2009

Pakistan not only lost to England but they also demoralised their supporters today. In their international return to The Oval, Pakistan produced an insipid performance that now endangers their chances of qualification for the next stage of the tournament.
The major problem for Pakistan supporters is that their team hasn't even come close to winning any of the warm-up matches or the opening encounter against the hosts. It is hard to pinpoint where Pakistan lost this match, as they lost it almost everywhere and every which way they turned. Pakistan, in truth, have looked below par in every department, with the biggest concerns around the fielding and batting.

A lack of ability could be excused but a lack of competitiveness cannot. Pakistan's team has given the appearance of taking this whole tournament too lightly, which is a shock as this is Pakistan's opportunity to remind that world that it is a cricketing power that should not be ignored. On these performances, Pakistan can be easily ignored.

Younis Khan described the tournament as "fun" and something not to be taken too seriously as its main role is to entertain supporters. The miserable expressions of thousands of Pakistan fans in the stadium would beg to differ.

These supporters have been brought up on the bravado of Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Inzamam-ul Haq. The current approach of the Pakistan squad and its entourage is an insult to its millions of supporters and their heroic predecessors.

After all, this is a World Cup. Supporters pay to watch at the stadium, via satellite, and on the Internet. They want to see their team win. If not win, they want to see their team battle. Fun comes a poor third in the hierarchy.

Pakistan need to quickly get their priorities right. Even a win against The Netherlands may not now be enough.

Ultimately, though, it is hard to blame the players entirely. When a cricket administration is as hopeless as the PCB has been, how can we expect the players to be impeccable professionals?

A trivial match against The Netherlands has now acquired the flavour of a World Cup Final. Come on Pakistan, show some pride and passion.

Frankly we should dismember our team, the board and everyone attached to it. What a waste of resources on these no good ego maniacs. they have no shame left in them. Calling it fun, Younis Khan should be ashamed of himself. What a pathetic response by a pathetic captain. Seriously Younis Khan is not captainship material, fine as a player but not captain.

pakistan needs to beat natherlands by atleast 60 runs. if pakistan score 160 this means netherlands needs to be restricted on 100. and if netherlands score 130 than i m not too sure about this one but i think pakistan need to chase this in 14 or 15 overs.but honestly speaking looking at the curent scenario its hard for pakistan to score 160 and hard for pakistan to chase even 130 lol

No mate, if Pakistan bats first then they need to beat them by 30 runs and they bat second then they must chase the target with atleast three overs to spare. Check all the cricket websites they are quoting the same thing.

I have also checket the weather this morning and picture looks very rosie as by 1pm in london there would be dark grey cloud and by 4pm its gonna be light rain. Lets pray all for Pakistan.:pakistan:

June 7, 2009

Its not his fault, infact whatever he is saying only shows his mental strength ( in urdu we say..jhainp mita raha hai).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom