What's new

Pakistan may enter terror financing list: 10 ways its economy will bleed

Dillinger

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan is in the dock at the ongoing FATF meeting in Paris, with the sword of being put back on the grey list of terror financing countries hanging on its head. Interestingly, this is the FIRST TIME in the body's history that four nations have singled out another nation at the same time for censure.

There seem to be many misconceptions about how being put on the list would hurt Pakistan's economy, with many members believing that it will have negligible impact. However, that may be far from the truth. The most significant impact could be that this time around, it could push Pakistan into a balance of payments crisis (Last time, according to reports, Pak was on the list when it neared a BoP but it was bailed out by the IMF. This time, with the US leading the motion at FATF and holding IMF's purse strings, this might not be so feasible).

Before discussing, please read the article and then debate on the salient points.

Click here to read the full article

lol......there are some teenies here who claim that only Pak can destroy Israel.......lol

we dont care economy our priority is hafiz saeed usama bin laden mullah omer and mullah tom mullah dick .this country is banana republic truly

lol......there are some teenies here who claim that only Pak can destroy Israel.......lol
but its seems otherwise we are almost edge of being destroyed . our gov have 210 millions humans to feed and they are doing all the international terrorists supporting and sheltering them . just for few individuals playing with country' economy . wow

we dont care economy our priority is hafiz saeed usama bin laden mullah omer and mullah tom mullah dick .this country is banana republic truly
Be less emotional Imran Bhai.. you swiped all with a single finger which is not the right thing to do. Don't loose hope. These are political gimmicks. They are totally unfair. If they put Pakistan on the list, they must add Gangadesh and Israel on the list as well. If USA does that, it will severe the ties with Pakistan permanently and even our shameless elements in establishment wake up.

Be less emotional Imran Bhai.. you swiped all with a single finger which is not the right thing to do. Don't loose hope. These are political gimmicks. They are totally unfair. If they put Pakistan on the list, they must add Gangadesh and Israel on the list as well. If USA does that, it will severe the ties with Pakistan permanently and even our shameless elements in establishment wake up.
my eyes are open sir i am not emotional last time when we were is list for three years there was no ganga jamna desh nor israel in list we suffer alone . what make you think they are gonna add india and israel in list ? its not in agenda of meeting agenda of meeting is adding pakistan in grey list .

If they put Pakistan on the list, they must add Gangadesh and Israel on the list as well.
A member country cannot be on the list for the same purpose the organization is supposed to be acting against.

my eyes are open sir i am not emotional last time when we were is list for three years there was no ganga jamna desh nor israel in list we suffer alone . what make you think they are gonna add india and israel in list ? its not in agenda of meeting agenda of meeting is adding pakistan in grey list .
You were on the list till 2015. You notice any change? I think this is a bit overblown.

yeah, I hear you. IMO, Pak needs to tackle its massive population. All other issues become irrelevant then over time.

A one child policy needs to be enforced. China did it, and it worked.

but its seems otherwise we are almost edge of being destroyed . our gov have 210 millions humans to feed and they are doing all the international terrorists supporting and sheltering them . just for few individuals playing with country' economy . wow

A member country cannot be on the list for the same purpose the organization is supposed to be acting against.

You were on the list till 2015. You notice any change? I think this is a bit overblown.
nah i see no change in policy pakistan is same as 2015 and our back channel gov is doing same .

We were already on the list until 2012 i think

Its blackmail essentially, the U.S hasent achieved much by withholding aid just lost more influence and is now trying other tricks

On the list or off the list following ill thought out U.S plans is crazy

Iran is undergoing a population change event for last 25 odd years now. Iran's population is declining fast. Young couples are not having kids like before. The one's leaving are not leaving for mainly economic reasons, they want to experience a western lifestyle. The Iranian govt hands out money to people if they need it. Iran is more than double in area compared to Pak, per capita significantly higher. However the ones leaving are after a different life style.

You should implement that policy in your own country where a lot of @Tokhme khar are slipping out.

We were already on the list until 2012 i think

Its blackmail essentially, the U.S hasent achieved much by withholding aid just lost more influence and is now trying other tricks

On the list or off the list following ill thought out U.S plans is crazy
sir what was situation of our economy til 2012 if you remember ?. this is not just politics international declared terrorists by security counsel enjoying luxury lives in pakistan . people were saying this day since long time . sanctions are on the way the days of jihad jihad are over since ages .

The only reason all four agree is because Pakistan has singed the agreement with China to do business in Yuan, Dollar dominance is the only threat to West and that is where they sit together and punish the culprit. It worked with Saddam, it worked with Lybia...it wont work with Pakistan, nothing works against Pakistan for some strange reasons only God knows, this country has been collapsing for last 30 years

Back
Top Bottom