What's new

Pakistan Military Documentry Promo W.A.S

Great....

Can somebody record + post the full documentary here when it get aired?

Last edited:
I must warn you guys, this sort of thing never lives up to expectations... A lot of this is vague and there is little or no information on the theme i.e. Pakistani Military in the WoT, or Pakistani Military against India or the PA as an institution? Knowing Dawn News it’s probably going to be a mixture of everything and added allegations of the Army's political 'ambitions' into the mix. I want this to be professionally done; not just another flashy and cheesy show being passed off as a ‘documentary’. After watching resourcefully done pieces of research on History and Discovery Channel some of us just can’t help having high expectations that get let down by these Pakistani directors. Anyways, something is better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully it will be interesting…

I must warn you guys, this sort of thing never lives up to expectations... A lot of this is vague and there is little or no information on the theme i.e. Pakistani Military in the WoT, or Pakistani Military against India or the PA as an institution? Knowing Dawn News it’s probably going to be a mixture of everything and added allegations of the Army's political 'ambitions' into the mix.

I don't know where you got this from. From the videos, I think the focus will be on training in military, not related to any particular war/battle/scenario. Even if you're right and it's about history, well, history is history, and what the Army has done must be documented, good or bad. We can't really blame Dawn News for that.

In any case, the trailers look pretty good. I too hope for it to be professionally and accurately done, but I have a feeling that I'll like it even if it isn't.

It seems that in the infantry video, the grunts were fatsing? it said: 20 minutes to iftar!!! Which means they have been hungry and thirsty for how many hours???

EDIT: would someone here be able to post it on utube in HQ after its shown on TV?

Last edited:
It seems that in the infantry video, the grunts were fatsing? it said: 20 minutes to iftar!!! Which means they have been hungry and thirsty for how many hours???

EDIT: would someone here be able to post it on utube in HQ after its shown on TV?

Fasting in voluntary for operators in the SSG prior to induction phase. Many fast, some may not. As to how long, its about the same time as anyone else would fast for. The training prior to induction does not ease up due to ramzan/ramadan fasting.

Fasting in voluntary for operators in the SSG prior to induction phase. Many fast, some may not. As to how long, its about the same time as anyone else would fast for. The training prior to induction does not ease up due to ramzan/ramadan fasting.

Wow........................... that has to the toughest training ever.

"Even if you're right and it's about history, well, history is history, and what the Army has done must be documented, good or bad. We can't really blame Dawn News for that..."

You misunderstood. My issue is not with Dawn News showing 'embarrassing' history, just that they don’t show quality be that good or bad. But yes as per the videos it looks like it has nothing to do with history, probably not even a brief introduction in case someone is new to the PA. Looks like some guy fooling around in Army/Navy training institutes and exercises, firing an RPG and feeling cool about himself, etc. Nothing that most of us haven’t heard or seen before…

Is this near mangla...?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Even if you're right and it's about history, well, history is history, and what the Army has done must be documented, good or bad. We can't really blame Dawn News for that..."

You misunderstood. My issue is not with Dawn News showing 'embarrassing' history, just that they don’t show quality be that good or bad. But yes as per the videos it looks like it has nothing to do with history, probably not even a brief introduction in case someone is new to the PA. Looks like some guy fooling around in Army/Navy training institutes and exercises, firing an RPG and feeling cool about himself, etc. Nothing that most of us haven’t heard or seen before…

First Of All, The show hasn't even started yet and hence we do not know what they are really going to show. Secondly, by judging from
the promo, that how the promo is made.......shooting,running,fighting, para jumping, rolling,climbing. And I suppose that it'll be Good Enough for us to see it with enjoyment.
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

W.A.S will telecast on May 31, 2009 at 7:05pm PST

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom