What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Dude I am just elated to see so much activity happening over at PN these days.
Warna PN acquisition department personnel were paid for nothing.

40-50 vessel fleet is what I advocated for, along with expansion of PMarines. PN did good by picking Embraer E series sister VIP jet for LRMPA. I love the E series platform. It has great potential both in civil and mil applications. Next we should think about our own EAW&C based on same Lineage/E jet platform and a tri service joint helicopter development programs that develops a medium-heavy lift helicopter and a heavy attack helicopter(Apache class). Prefderrably with TAI partnership/JV.

It would be even better if we can spare some billions or hundreds of millions(installments) to invest in Embraer. It is like a jilted bride by Boeing. PAC could step up and offer to give her "sahara". But I digress.

Maybe when this is done. We can think about making PN into an even bigger, highly armed expedtionary force with better amphibious armour, landing crafts, bigger amphibious crafts, aviation assets/air cover(even a few K8s operating in area without SAMs/Shorads could be good), aiming to offset the damage Indian aircraft carriers/destroyers could inflict. Marines I think should also have their own special force for recon/intel.

And down the road carrier group based on mini carriers 3-4. Or 1-2 Stobar aircraft carriers.

Photo-3268.jpg

those Sea Kings have done us well

really good helicopters and we got our first when ? mid 1970s?

nearly 50 years

Does PN need UAVs like CR-500 Golden Eagle for piracy operations and to counter small boats at sea?

1606710903738.png

Does PN need UAVs like CR-500 Golden Eagle for piracy operations and to counter small boats at sea?

View attachment 691957

Versatile frame love to have this machine in Pakistan colours especially in PA mountainous areas. Imagine Eagle taking out Indian positions/fox holes from distance or supporting PN marines. PAC should consider making it in Pakistan and can be prelude to the helicopter production locally.

it is very hard to establish what will replace the Sea King?
direct replacements can include the AW101, NH90, S-92, H225M all of which will require quite an amount of capital. Besides, the sea kings recently underwent refurbishment so they're gonna stay a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom