What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Induction ceremony shows 4 Qatari Commandos. One Commando Mk.2A (57, darker desert camouflage) and three Commando Mk.3 (50, 54, 56, all lighter -or faded- desert colour scheme).
Given the fact that over the last couple of years (2017-2019, their last appearance) only 5 different ones were seen in Qatar during the yearly parade on 18 December. Chances are that the other 5 (or even 6) are to be used for spares.
If that were the case then the official handout would not have mentioned as the number of sea kings inducted as 10

If that were the case then the official handout would not have mentioned as the number of sea kings inducted as 10
59 was shown last November as well. Im sure we will see the rest over time.
PN already got a few from UK as spare sources and I would not be surprised if we got more airframes to support the fleet as many countries are now retiring these incl. Malaysia

59_2.png

Could be ten a/w indeed, the wording when inducting the former RAF ones was different, bought seven, refurbished three.
Now its is: inducted ten.

Thanks for sharing 59, it is a Commando Mk.2A too.
So maybe 50 to 56 Commando Mk.3 and 57 to 59 Commando Mk.2A?

In one of the formation photographs (flying from right to left over the coast line) the bottom one looks like wearing number 51?

The governments of Pakistan and Qatar have completed the sale of the entire combat fleet of Westland WS-61 Sea King helicopters of the Qatar Emiri Air Force to the Pakistan Navy, the deal includes a total of 10 helicopters.

Fleet deliveries began in July 2021 and include 5 Mk 3A anti-submarine/anti-surface warfare variants (capable of carrying two Exocet anti-ship missiles) and 5 Mk commando helicopter (personnel/service carrier).

It is noteworthy that the Pakistan Navy was already using a combat fleet of Westland WS-61 Sea King Helicopters and now with the addition of this fleet, the total strength of the Sea King Helicopters of the Pakistan Navy is up to 20 helicopters Moreover, the addition of these helicopters will also help To enhance Pakistan's naval peace efforts in the Arabian Sea, the Indian Ocean region and the international maritime community.

I presume , Type 54 P ship will also be equipped with helicopters. I wonder what type these ships will carry. Most likely Z9 D variant.

If my guess is right then another 4-6 helicopters will join soon.

Then Turkish made 4 ships are coming to join in few years, they will carry 4 helicopters too.

59 was shown last November as well. Im sure we will see the rest over time.
PN already got a few from UK as spare sources and I would not be surprised if we got more airframes to support the fleet as many countries are now retiring these incl. Malaysia

View attachment 810989

The governments of Pakistan and Qatar have completed the sale of the entire combat fleet of Westland WS-61 Sea King helicopters of the Qatar Emiri Air Force to the Pakistan Navy, the deal includes a total of 10 helicopters.

Fleet deliveries began in July 2021 and include 5 Mk 3A anti-submarine/anti-surface warfare variants (capable of carrying two Exocet anti-ship missiles) and 5 Mk commando helicopter (personnel/service carrier).

It is noteworthy that the Pakistan Navy was already using a combat fleet of Westland WS-61 Sea King Helicopters and now with the addition of this fleet, the total strength of the Sea King Helicopters of the Pakistan Navy is up to 20 helicopters Moreover, the addition of these helicopters will also help To enhance Pakistan's naval peace efforts in the Arabian Sea, the Indian Ocean region and the international maritime community.

President approves commissioning of Qatari Sea King Helicopters in Pak Navy- Jan 2022​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom