What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

PN Command & Staff Conference undertakes strategic review of current year’s plans

ISLAMABAD, Feb 19 (APP): A two-day Command and Staff Conference of Pakistan Navy (PN), held to undertake strategic review of PN policies and plans set for current year, concluded at Naval Headquarters here on Wednesday. The Conference, chaired by Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila, was aimed to review operational readiness, developmental plans and infrastructure upgradation of Pakistan Navy.

The Chief of the Naval Staff was given detailed briefings on various developmental projects of Pakistan Navy.
Being the first conference of the current year, Pakistan Navy’s priorities and projects set for year 2014 were discussed with reiteration of the Naval Chief to achieve the professional pursuits with utmost diligence and dedication.
Besides, PN measures aimed at socio-economic uplift of Baloch populace along the Makran Coastal belt, were also presented.
While taking stock of occasion of 2014 as the Golden Jubilee Year of Pakistan Navy Submarine Force, the Naval Chief congratulated the Submariners and Submarine Force for rendering meritorious services in maritime defence of the Country since inception in 1964.
Admiral Asif Sandila also expressed satisfaction over operational readiness of Pakistan Navy in the face of prevalent Maritime challenges and exhorted upon all to pursue the same with no let-up.
The Command and Staff Conference is held every quarter and is the apex decision-making body of PN in which all Principal Staff Officers and Field Commanders participate to undertake strategic review of PN policies and plans.

16192794.jpg

PNS Alamgir hosted a community dinner on board while it was docked at the Jeddah

The Pakistan Navy ship PNS Alamgir hosted a community dinner on board while it was docked at the Jeddah Islamic Port on Tuesday night.

The event marked the first time a Pakistani navy ship visiting Saudi Arabia on a goodwill-cum-training mission hosted a community dinner.

Consuls general of India, Kuwait, Algeria, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and China, representatives of various consulates, officers of Royal Saudi Naval forces, air and Ibrahim Asad, naval attaché at the Pakistani Embassy in Riyadh, media persons and a large number of Pakistani families attended the dinner.

The dinner commenced with recitations of the national anthems of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan respectively. A cake cutting ceremony was later held and dinner was specially prepared by the ship’s chefs.

While welcoming guests on board, commanding officer of the ship Capt. Abdul Muneeb said, “Your presence here is a source of honor and encouragement for us.”

He added that PNS Alamgir is the first Oliver Hazard Perry class of guided-missile frigates acquired by the Pakistan Navy from the United States. The ship is equipped with modern weapons and sensors and is capable of performing a wide range of maritime operations.

PNS Alamgir has been on a joint counter-piracy and coalition maritime complaint deployment under the ambit of CTF-151 and CTF-150 since January of this year.

“We are happy to be in the port of our brotherly Muslim country for a 3-day visit. We have been hosted here very well and we truly feel at home here. On behalf of my fellow officers and men, I am thankful to the Royal Navel Force for the hospitality and warm gestures extended to us. Pakistan’s relations with Saudi Arabia are deep-rooted on sound basis of religious and cultural affiliates.

The visit of PNS Alamgir is a manifestation of our relations. I am very confident that the brotherly relations of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will grow further and strengthen manifolds in the future,” he was quoted as saying.

Pakistani Consul General Aftab Khokher said the visit was a symbol of friendship between the Kingdom and Pakistan.

“This is fourth ship I have received during my one year stay in the Kingdom, something which shows the closeness between the two navies, countries and peoples. This relationship has been further deepened during the recent visit of Crown Prince Salman Bin Abdulaziz, second deputy prime minister and minister of defense, to Pakistan. This visit again indicates that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are one family,” he said while expressing his gratitude to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, the Saudi government and royal family for hosting PNS Alamgir.

1798866_538005739646408_1335192090_n.jpg

PNS Alamgir hosted a community dinner on board while it was docked at the Jeddah

The Pakistan Navy ship PNS Alamgir hosted a community dinner on board while it was docked at the Jeddah Islamic Port on Tuesday night.

The event marked the first time a Pakistani navy ship visiting Saudi Arabia on a goodwill-cum-training mission hosted a community dinner.

Consuls general of India, Kuwait, Algeria, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and China, representatives of various consulates, officers of Royal Saudi Naval forces, air and Ibrahim Asad, naval attaché at the Pakistani Embassy in Riyadh, media persons and a large number of Pakistani families attended the dinner.

The dinner commenced with recitations of the national anthems of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan respectively. A cake cutting ceremony was later held and dinner was specially prepared by the ship’s chefs.

While welcoming guests on board, commanding officer of the ship Capt. Abdul Muneeb said, “Your presence here is a source of honor and encouragement for us.”

He added that PNS Alamgir is the first Oliver Hazard Perry class of guided-missile frigates acquired by the Pakistan Navy from the United States. The ship is equipped with modern weapons and sensors and is capable of performing a wide range of maritime operations.

PNS Alamgir has been on a joint counter-piracy and coalition maritime complaint deployment under the ambit of CTF-151 and CTF-150 since January of this year.

“We are happy to be in the port of our brotherly Muslim country for a 3-day visit. We have been hosted here very well and we truly feel at home here. On behalf of my fellow officers and men, I am thankful to the Royal Navel Force for the hospitality and warm gestures extended to us. Pakistan’s relations with Saudi Arabia are deep-rooted on sound basis of religious and cultural affiliates.

The visit of PNS Alamgir is a manifestation of our relations. I am very confident that the brotherly relations of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will grow further and strengthen manifolds in the future,” he was quoted as saying.

Pakistani Consul General Aftab Khokher said the visit was a symbol of friendship between the Kingdom and Pakistan.

“This is fourth ship I have received during my one year stay in the Kingdom, something which shows the closeness between the two navies, countries and peoples. This relationship has been further deepened during the recent visit of Crown Prince Salman Bin Abdulaziz, second deputy prime minister and minister of defense, to Pakistan. This visit again indicates that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are one family,” he said while expressing his gratitude to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, the Saudi government and royal family for hosting PNS Alamgir.

1798866_538005739646408_1335192090_n.jpg
Anyone on weapons?

It lacks SAM, does it have Harpoons?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom