What's new

Pakistan Navy Should Create it own Independent Air wing

Rather it will be better if you can increase the production of JF-17s and replace the old mirages, than wasting money on used Mirage-2000s from other countries or even considering getting a 100% Chinese fighter.

Since you're not going to use aircraft carriers, you might need to only slightly modify the JF-17s to use anti-ship missiles rather than air to ground ones apart from strengthening the aircraft structure more than PAF versions and possibly a shorter takeoff and landing capability to land on rough coastal areas.

This change is cheaper than wasting more money on totally unknown platforms.

Azad

Where you planning on going with your 5000 Troops ????

papu new guinea prehaps ???

Why does PAF need an Air Wing with a coastl NAVY..

your Navy is built purely to defend your coastline so your Air force is all your need.

rather than waste the few millions $$$ you have on a total needless nAVY wING
SPENd IT ON OBTAINING MORE J10 & F16s for PAF

Without a Air cover Navy is Cannot Perfom its Job well Done sir todays era of war written on the skies rather than on waters or on land they are secondary if you have complete control on your own skies your navy and land force will de well automatically

I think we should not be thinking about defence rather adopt strategies, weapons systems for OFFENCE and annihilating India's navy... Moreover we should have marines so we can make use of the huge Indian shores to deploy our troops with a beach landing and take over of various cities way behind the front line that is obviously going to emerge in case of war at the border areas in Punjab/Sindh...

I think nowadays, navies are becoming more and more obsolete as the importance of air superiority becomes clear.

You are incorrect. Navies are as important today as they were in the 15th century; even more so, in fact. There is a reason why the US spends hundreds of billions of dollars each year in building and maintaining a huge navy.

However, modern surface navies are useless without air cover, which is why aircraft carriers are so important.

For a nation like Pakistan, having a navy is not important because overseas power projection is not an objective for the Pakisani military, while it is for the Indian military.

The Pakistani Navy should focus entirely on submarines and AA frigates. Any capital ship larger than a destroyer will be an easy target for the Indian Navy, and generally a waste of money for Pakistan. In case of a war between India and Pakistan, Pakistan's navy should use it submarine arm to try and deny the sea for Indian capital ships. However, this task will become increasingly difficult as India inducts large numbers of highly-advanced ASW aircraft, like P-8 Poseidons and Ka-32 helicopters.

I think we should not be thinking about defence rather adopt strategies, weapons systems for OFFENCE and annihilating India's navy... Moreover we should have marines so we can make use of the huge Indian shores to deploy our troops with a beach landing and take over of various cities way behind the front line that is obviously going to emerge in case of war at the border areas in Punjab/Sindh...

I hope you are not serious......

In all four Indo-Pakistani wars, Pakistan tried to win a quick victory by launching a preemptive attack on Indian soil, and each time the attack failed due to an underestimation of Indian capabilities.

The days of Operation Gibraltar, Operation Dwarka, and Operation Chengiz Khan are long gone. Pakistan is no longer in any position to lauch a preemptive conventional strike on India and expect any chance of victory. The advantage is too much in India's favor.

The Pakistani Army has also recognized this, which is why they are adamant about Pakistan's nuclear capabilities.

Godless B. I am serious... but I also read what you write and I dont doubt much what you are saying... I m only stating something which should be the vision of Pakistan... Pakistan should also project overseas power like India is doing...

Godless B. I am serious... but I also read what you write and I dont doubt much what you are saying... I m only stating something which should be the vision of Pakistan... Pakistan should also project overseas power like India is doing...

Mate, do you know how expensive it is to build and maintain a carrier fleet??

Even the UK had to cancel its aircraft carrier program because it could not afford to build it...

For a small country like Pakistan, buying/maintain aircraft carriers are a huge waste of money. Pakistan has much better places to spend that money.

We have no shortage of money... trust me on that... we do have shortage of sincere leadership and vision...

PN can raise few squadrons with naval version of JF-17. It's quite possible and cheaper then other options. For sure JF-17 will perform well then old and used platforms like Mirage 2000.

Please.... be realistic :frown:

There are many things that I want to say on this point, but I won't say them because I don't want to be banned.

You can express your opinions in the polite way and backed with facts. if you write only crap and BS posts with offensive statements then obviously you will get banned.

Please.... be realistic :frown:

There are many things that I want to say on this point, but I won't say them because I don't want to be banned.

This explains that you have been an keen observer before you joined in.

That's a good move. :enjoy:

There is a sayin " yadavala tho manaki enduku " => "it's better to stay calm".

This explains that you have been an keen observer before you joined in.

That's a good move. :enjoy:

There is a sayin " yadavala tho manaki enduku " => "it's better to stay calm".

kingofkings, I have been a "lurker" at PDF for almost two years before joining as a member.

I know how and why people get bans. For that reason I try to avoid controversy and always keep cool and calm :agree:

I m only stating something which should be the vision of Pakistan... Pakistan should also project overseas power like India is doing...

Totally agree with you! A good navy is one that can project it's power overseas kind of like the American navy. Their navy is probably the most expensive branch as they have their own mini air force. We just need a vision and some good leaders to enact on it.

Back
Top Bottom