What's new

Pakistan Navy to Purchase Frigates from China

I think a type 054A+ equips HQ16B&YJ-12&4 X-band AESE may suitable for PN,but in fact it most likely will be a type 054A equips HQ16A&YJ-12A&no X-band AESE...the costs may be more impotent than any other things.

Last edited:
so the milgem deal is dead (he never mentioned it)
as for the chinese frigates id imagine they will be versions of the type 54 family. theres no need to invest money in untested designs. last i heard the chinese are working on the type 54b with a fixed antenna mast.

so the milgem deal is dead (he never mentioned it)
as for the chinese frigates id imagine they will be versions of the type 54 family. theres no need to invest money in untested designs. last i heard the chinese are working on the type 54b with a fixed antenna mast.
No if didn't mentioned that doesn't mean it's dead

The image in opening post in misleading for now. There is absolutely no confirmation about what type of frigate we are going for? Chances are it will be F22p PLUS with some VLS for SAM. Details are not available yet.

@WAJsal @The Eagle @Slav Defence @TaimiKhan

it was supposed to have been signed for in may, its now October.
unless @cabatli_53 has any updates
heck the turks were going on about a 700 tonne ssk sub where has that gone?
Nobody new about this Frigate deal until Naval Chief decided to tell about it if it's not announced doesn't mean it's not happening we really like to keep things quite. For example we announced Frigate deal and still people don't know exactly what Submarine we are buying

Something like this one?
4,000+ tonnes, VLS System, Integrated mast.

IMG_4090.JPG

But what will come, will depends with Pakistani navy request and budget of course.

Pak navy needs definitely budget up lift with new bigger vessels with more powerful weapons

Something like this one?
4,000+ tonnes, VLS System, Integrated mast.

View attachment 430879

But what will come, will depends with Pakistani navy request and budget of course.
This would be ideal. The integrated mast could have an APAR as well as OTHR, with the latter providing long-range surveillance. The APAR can support AAW capabilities via HQ-16 and HQ-9.

I think PN should had pressed a little hard for destroyers, TYPE 52C or D, at least 2 of these with 4-6 frigates would had made more of a threat, i'm not saying as if its not a threat, but 2 destroyers and frigates together pack a punch or at least balance in the region....

I think PN should had pressed a little hard for destroyers, TYPE 52C or D, at least 2 of these with 4-6 frigates would had made more of a threat, i'm not saying as if its not a threat, but 2 destroyers and frigates together pack a punch or at least balance in the region....
no use, just bigger targets, and requiring more maintenance expenditure. numerous frigates+missile boats+corvettes are enough for area denial, supported by coastal AShM batteries and a dedicated air wing, they are more than enough for area denial

no use, just bigger targets, and requiring more maintenance expenditure. numerous frigates+missile boats+corvettes are enough for area denial, supported by coastal AShM batteries and a dedicated air wing, they are more than enough for area denial
It would had been opposite if your pockets were full....
But even PN would like to have capital ships, they are not just big ships they pack a lot of punch, They have good endurance, they act Like area defence ships for other ships to fight well, Powerful ships are the ones that fight well and protect itself too, China is beefing up and so is US, they have money, you have China. They have really good ships that go toe to toe with the US navy arleigh burke's. Our navy will soon have more of them, our each fleet has minimum 4 of them and it helps alot....

For CPEC we do need 8 Type054D frigates becase it protects Chinese - Pakistani , national interest and also valuable trade goods are going thru and that really requires 4-8 High Clibre ships so that other "non-regional" players do not have to bother with bringing their own navy near our Borders

It may create confusion and unnecessary tension

We need to look beyond the F22P Sword class frigates becasue these are support Ships but they really need a Leadership Ship which the F22P can work closely with for greater defensive posture

Type022-056-054A-Compare2.jpg

It would make sense the TYPE054D would act as Pivot for Defence , and the F22P / Stealth Missile boats would be used in support capacity for the main Ships

type_052d_class.jpg

Ideally this should be part of the CPEC defence strategy Lease of Ships GRANT for 30 years

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom