What's new

Pakistan Offers JF-17 to Serbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally very wary of selling them these planes given they could be used on Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kosvo - given the crimes the Serbs commited in the 90's civil war ..
International relations are based on interests and benefits. Fair play and principles can be applied on individual level, but when we talk about statecraft, fair play, justice, ethics are the least of the concerns. In statecraft, morality takes a backseat. JF-17s were sold to Myanmar as well despite it's worst track record of crimes against humanity. Aap nahi beecho gy toh India beech day ga. Period.

If I had twitter, i'd tell this clown to F-OFF!!!

The image is from 2-Summers ago during the 2019 Paris Air Show & he's now brining it to light as if there is a secret Air Show taking place.

Here is another image of the same JF-17 from the No. 2 Squadron (Minhasians) - 12-139 at the same event.

488721_5213690_12_updates.jpg

@waz @The Eagle - Close this topic before it becomes more about Politics rather than the Jet itself

The situation has changed somewhat since then. For example Belgrade today has growing ties with Turkey, the major Muslim power in the Balkans. Increasing their reliance on us and Turkey also ensures we can play a role in controlling Serbia should another war breakout in the Balkans and they get genocidal tendencies.

*https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/serbia-turkey-eye-stronger-defense-industry-ties-160347

I agree. The Serbia of Milosevic and Mladic has changed.

The Genocide was perpetrated by Mladic who was a military madman. You have those in almost every country, and cannot blame Serbians as a group for it. Plus the war was a time for great vendettas. Serbs and Bosnians got along fine before the war.

Serbia was under Ottoman control before Russia decided to help "free" the Serbs from Ottoman Turkey. Bosnians got converted to Islam during Ottoman rule.

Best of luck to Pakistanis on the Serbian JF-17 sale.

I am personally very wary of selling them these planes given they could be used on Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Kosvo - given the crimes the Serbs commited in the 90's civil war ..
Actually selling these weapon systems will give Pakistan more leverage, and currently Pakistani armed forces cant really miss out on any chance.

Move on. We are trialing their artillery for possible induction by the way.
Giving weapons is not the same as taking.
The situation has changed somewhat since then. For example Belgrade today has growing ties with Turkey, the major Muslim power in the Balkans. Increasing their reliance on us and Turkey also ensures we can play a role in controlling Serbia should another war breakout in the Balkans and they get genocidal tendencies.
*https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/serbia-turkey-eye-stronger-defense-industry-ties-160347
Actually selling these weapon systems will give Pakistan more leverage, and currently Pakistani armed forces cant really miss out on any chance.
While Serbia selling us artillery (IF at all,nothing till now) could possibly give them some small leverage over us, but we will NOT get the same by selling JF-17. Why are people so stupid so as not to understand that??

For the record, I am against both deals, artillery and JF-17.

However fact is that this thread is not based on anything concrete so should be closed.

Last edited:

and pray tell what leverage that would be? the weaponry for those planes is supplied by China not Pakistan.

if the serbians do use those planes, they will almost certainly use is against bonsnians and Albanians.

I'm honestly a bit surprised as to why the serbians aren't buying Russian Mig-29s, but would have to wager its the Chinese investments into Serbia that is having this influence. and possible fear over US CAATSA sanctions of Russian tech.

and pray tell what leverage that would be? the weaponry for those planes is supplied by China not Pakistan.

if the serbians do use those planes, they will almost certainly use is against bonsnians and Albanians.

I'm honestly a bit surprised as to why the serbians aren't buying Russian Mig-29s, but would have to wager its the Chinese investments into Serbia that is having this influence. and possible fear over US CAATSA sanctions of Russian tech.
Serbia is cash-strapped as hell right now. They don’t even have the money for JF, let alone new MiG29s. They will likely buy more second hand ones as they did in 2019 or buy a very small number of JF or other cheap platforms.
I am guessing this one (since the visit of your artillery chief to Serbia in 2017 to negotiate ToT), we have the K-1 variant.

1079px-Bangladesh_Army_Nora_B-52_155mm_SPG_%2831586399521%29.jpg
PA will likely get K-2 variant considering their new requirements…the 2017 trials didn’t get a result, new trials being conducted now with even higher requirements.

The killers of Gulsher do not deserve the JF17 period.
On a serious note, anything we give them can be used by them in a war to annex Kosovo

Serbia was under Ottoman control before Russia decided to help "free" the Serbs from Ottoman Turkey. Bosnians got converted to Islam during Ottoman rule.

Ottoman was barely holding onto Greece and Serbia. Even if Russia did not free them from Turks, they would have won freedom in WW1 when Allied Powers crushed Ottoman and ended Ottoman empire and deposed Sultan.
On a serious note, anything we give them can be used by them in a war to annex Kosovo

China and Russia recognize Kosovo as part of Serbia. America and Pakistan recognize Kosovo as a sovereign state. Pakistan can potentially block JF-17 sale to Serbia but I doubt it because JF-17 R&D is done by China, not by Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom