What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

It's the "P" variant which isn't old.
The missile itself is a two-stage 200+ kg missile. If you believe it has such a short-range then I feel sorry for you :lol:

The press release clearly says "HQ-9P" not B or BE
Am being reasonable we are a cash minced nation, army likes to cheap out in such sectors whilst the air force does not, it's a fact. at this point, we don't know for certain if it's 125km or above 200km.

let's stick to the topic and be earthbound.

Am being reasonable we are a cash minced nation, army likes to cheap out in such sectors whilst the air force does not, it's a fact. at this point, we don't know for certain if it's 125km or above 200km.

It really depends on the item. They certainly didn’t cheap out on VT-4. They spent as much as they could on it. They also don’t seem to be doing so for the Z-10ME. And judging by how they’re calling the system, I’m getting an indication that unlike the LY80E, this isn’t just a normal HQ-9/FD2000. But that’s just me wishing. At the end of the day, regardless of what it is, it’s a massive capability boost to our AD.

Still there is one question in my mind that air force chief is the sole responsible for all air defence yet army orders them and induct them it is not their portfolio to integrate high end air defence and airforce dont have any say on it

LY 80
HQ 9
another air defnce system from china i forgotten its name all are army air defence command

Only spada 2000 in air force command

People, comparing one SAM system vs another, is not how this works. Even if we'd S400, it would not be used as Indians would use their system.

All of these weapons are ultimately tools, within a system, and that's where it'd justify its presence. It's nothing to do with what India has or does not. We do not even know their utility within PA-AD right now, or their understanding under which these would be employed at time of war. Who'd be responsible for what etc. Just comparing the proverbial indian system with this will end up in inane debates like the ones that suggested BARS radar on Indian MKI will render enter PAF useless (that they will sit out the encounter).

I was actually thinking the opposite. That PA doesn't trust the PAF to be able to defend some locations so they want to enforce their own no-fly zones. It would be more in line with @kursed's assertion that PAF's vision and PA's CIADBAM are their own dairh eent ki masjids.
Yes. Army Air Defence has been considered a true fighting arm for nearly 2 decades.

These missiles are bigger than the tiny arse FD-2000
Look at the pictures side by side.
Polish_20211014_201140820.jpg

@JamD
Isn't "Dat azz" much bigger than FD-2000? :D

Last edited:
People laughed when I said PAF is getting J10s and HQ9bs :D

4 batteries of HQ9Bs :)

Considering the size of Pakistan along with the HQ-16s, SPADA 2000s, and indiginous short range missiles. Pakistan now has a very formidable air defence system taking into consideration its size.

J10s will be here by dec.

The missile maximum speed is mach 4.2.
Beahmos is slower, so?
That is not really that relevant. It helps but the key question is do the onboard sensors, radars etc. have the ability to detect, track and engage a supersonic cruise missile? With longer range sam, it may be able to intercept a bit sooner as the max speed takes time to build up. Other option is ciws but those are very short range, and at most may just protect these SAM batteries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom