What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

The is Not as capable and reliable as other well known air defense systems in the world. But keeping in view, our economic conditions and only 1 major arms supplier, it is very acceptable addition.

I doubt that. Doesn’t make monetary sense (or sense otherwise). The missiles and the launchers would be from an existing system, the most they’d modify is sensors, data links etc (which do seem to be modified). PA is paying to buy the system, not to design, test and create a new one. The system is very likely an HQ-9B with some changes.

Bhai, yae walli zara lambi hogaie. :lol:

I agree every inch of Pakistan must be under a AD network.
I knew it already, and now my worst fears have been realized.
It is ultimately a game of inches..... Inches matter, isn't it gentlemen?
My point is Indian S-400 can cover most if not large part of Pakistani territory while Pakistan does not have anything to extend anti-aircraft capability far into Indian territory. Pakistan may not be able to operate even the airborne radar to warn of approaching Indian aircraft.
This will be a big advantage for India in war.
... And that's where our ARMs will come in handy.

I knew it already, and now my worst fears have been realized.
It is ultimately a game of inches..... Inches matter, isn't it gentlemen?
1634743060798.png

My point is Indian S-400 can cover most if not large part of Pakistani territory while Pakistan does not have anything to extend anti-aircraft capability far into Indian territory. Pakistan may not be able to operate even the airborne radar to warn of approaching Indian aircraft.
This will be a big advantage for India in war.

How would they cover most of Pakistan? If they have it near the border it’s very vulnerable. Hence it won’t cover Pakistan.The AWACS range of the Erieye is 450km….

The is Not as capable and reliable as other well known air defense systems in the world. But keeping in view, our economic conditions and only 1 major arms supplier, it is very acceptable addition.

You are wrong, I am tempted to reveal its capabilities, but will refrain from doing so. Its not worth it for a simple Internet argument.

What I will say is, that it is a "game changer" nuff said.
The question is, will we be able to fly our planes close enough to S-400s to launch ARMs? HARMs have a range of 111km and LD-10s 60km. Based on public knowledge, the S-400 can track a low flying fighter sized target at 100-150km.

LoL it will be done, "when there is a hole, their is a goal".

Back
Top Bottom