What's new

Pakistan ordered AKINCI UCAV. Pakistan will be one of the first users of the AKINCI system

dBSPL

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
According to the information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com from defense sources; Pakistan has ordered both AKINCI Attack Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TİHA) and Bayraktar TB2 Armed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (SİHA) to BAYKAR. Thus, Pakistan Air Force will be one of the first users of AKINCI TİHA.

AKINCI-IHA.jpg

AKINCI TİHA, which has been in the inventory of the National Intelligence Organization and the Land Forces Command, is expected to be delivered to the Air Force Command in a short time.

AKINCI TİHAs delivered to the MIT and the Land Forces Command are in the AKINCI-A configuration equipped with the Ukraine-made Al450T engine; AKINCIs to be delivered to the Air Force Command will be in AKINCI-B configuration with 2x 750 horsepower engines.

According to the information received, BAYKAR has so far signed contracts for the export of AKINCI TİHA with 4 countries and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA with 22 countries. Pakistan will be one of the few countries after Turkiye that has both AKINCI TİHA and Bayraktar TB2 SİHA in its inventory.

While it is estimated that Pakistan will have AKINCI-B, BAYKAR is expected to start overseas AKINCI TİHA deliveries, at the beginning of next year.

2022-03-12-Baykar-Bayraktar-Akinci-tiha-irtifa-rekoru-3-Copy-1536x1024.jpg

On the other hand, Bayraktar TB2 SİHA, which has been produced more than 300 so far, has proven itself in the most difficult battlefields. Currently; Bayraktar TB2 is actively used by the Turkish Armed Forces, the National Intelligence Organization, the Ministry of Interior and the General Directorate of Forestry.

A significant increase is expected in Bayraktar TB2 SİHA production capacity with the new production facility of BAYKAR, which is under construction.

Last edited:
F-16s, J-10s and JF-17s are already giving nightmares to India. I wonder what they'll be thinking and what moves they'll make after Pakistan inducts these world renowned drones in its inventory.
Does India have any strategic UCAVs other than medium altitude tactical drones?

I love its payload and range, surely a game changer in the region.
View attachment 857856
View attachment 857857
From last week:

AKINCI-B is making its long endurance flight this morning in the presence of the officials of the SSB, with 1500kg payload. The flight will last until noon.

Again, Baykar Tech seems to have thrown away the spec sheets they announced before and raised the bar.

To give an idea:

24x MAM-L mini smart munition approx. 600 kg
8x MAM-T Winged mini smart munition approx. 760 kg
2x KGK-82 = 700 kg
8x SAGE Modular Joint Munitions KUZGUN just under 1000 kg
8x Aselsan Miniature Bomb (MB) approx. 1100 kg
4x ÇAKIR ALCM approx. 1100 kg
2x SOM-J Stand-Off Cruise Missile approx. 1100 kg
4x TEBER-82 approx. 1100kg
1x NEB-84 Bunker Buster approx. 900 kg
2x SARB-83 approx. 850 kg
4x SERT-82 approx. just under 1000 kg

6x GÖKDOĞAN BVR A-A Missile under 1000 kg

Does India have any strategic UCAVs other than medium altitude tactical drones?

From last week:
Long time ago i read that India has signed a deal with USA for supply of armed and unarmed drones so she is ahead of us in procurement of latest weapons systems with out any hindrance from any country to purchase while her pocket allows her to buy any thing from any country cotntrary to it pakistan faces many limitations (financial and otherwise) for procuring any new weapons system.

Last edited:
For what? To spy on political parties of Pakistan and to overthrow a regime at the behest of a foreign country?
Stop wasting this nations money on items you are never going to use.
For those who think these are for India, please! Stop living in some fantasy land and smell the fuckin coffee. Remember Bajwa doctrine "let us burry the hatchet"?

I suppose you are bitter about the political changes that happened few months ago.

May I remind you we have a parliamentary system. We have 342 members elected by the people of Pakistan. It is constitutionally legal and democratic for MPs to form a new government. The system allows you to do that.

Now you may question or argue that they are "bought". Well in that case PTI itself "bought" politicians from pretty much everywhere when it suited them. Did it not? It's fair to say if a single individual such as Bajwa is responsible and was up to no good (there are patterns to indicate as such), perhaps Niazi should not have given him an extension.

Pakistan Army with all its flaws and issues is still the most important institution in the country. It is what keeps the country united. Sure we are not capable of invading a country and our financial restrictions predicate that and I don't believe that would be an ideal foreign policy for any country to have in the first place. But having a strong force is a requirement and vital to at least defend yourself. A country like India would have to think 10x before it does something.

Last edited:
I suppose you are bitter about the political changes that happened few months ago.

May I remind you we have a parliamentary system. We have 342 members elected by the people of Pakistan. It is constitutionally legal and democratic for MPs to form a new government. The system allows you to do that.

Now you may question or argue that they are "bought". Well in that case PTI itself "bought" politicians from pretty much everywhere when it suited them. Did it not? It's fair to say if a single individual such as Bajwa is responsible and was up to no good (there are patterns to indicate as such), perhaps Niazi should not have given him an extension.

Pakistan Army with all its flaws and issues is still the most important institution in the country. It is what keeps the country united. Sure we are not capable of invading a country and our financial restrictions predicate that and I don't believe that would be an ideal foreign policy for any country to have in the first place. But having a strong force is a requirement and vital to at least defend yourself. A country like India would have to think 10x before it does something.
There are people who are so thick skinned and delusional they'll just make every post about PTI and Immi.

They're deliberately pelting propaganda and partisan polictics.

I love its payload and range, surely a game changer in the region.
View attachment 857856
View attachment 857857
More so from a cost perspective. Manned assets with their additional weight and pilot inside can be kept for more intense conflicts while insurgents in both Balochistan and TTP in Afghanistan can be hunted left and right at a much cheaper per hour sortie cost.

If an entire squadron strength of Akinci is raised - a detachment of them and TB2s could wage a fairly “affordable” bombing campaign in Afghanistan against the TTP for a good 3 months incessantly

Do Akinci have the capacity to be used a radar or/intelligence aircraft?

It looks huge.

btw congrats to Pakistan for the order.

Great news, it will enhance our strike capability massively,,,

Pak Turk dosti zindabaad

@Windjammer @SQ8 @Huffal @Zarvan
Against whom, Pakistan already holds one of the largest UCAV fleets in the region, how many of these are actually operational and being used to protect, Have we seen any of these being actively used in the hot zones or protect the border , or in balochistan
Why diversify the fleet so much that it will become an operational nightmare Just what Pakistan says for India as they have platforms from Russia, US & Europe.
Why no actual investment in Existing local platforms, i can understand doing a JV with one or 2 companies to build your own local industry, but this seems more like hey we got this and this and this and using state funds for bribes and putting in own pocket instead of building platforms.

Back
Top Bottom