What's new

Pakistan plan IPL equivalent

club cricket is always about money . there is no national identity that one would play for glory....
regarding match fixing..Pakistani players are the world champions in that.

please spare us your whining and crying, and all negatives which come into your mind and lets talk positive abt cricket ok?? got it??

please spare us your whining and crying, and all negatives which come into your mind and lets talk positive abt cricket ok?? got it??

I am talking about cricket.you are whining about indians whining. you could have suggested a model for PPL or which countries would be interested in participating in it? but i guess you are more interested in your Jihad against Indians isnt it ?

whatever floats your boat man...

Pakistan's players have not been a part of the IPL since its inaugural season, but the PCB has plans to launch their own equivalent of the Twenty20 tournament, though they have admitted it will not be possible to host it in Pakistan. Instead, they want to host the tournament in Dubai, where Pakistan have played one-day internationals against Australia and South Africa, and the latter in a Test match.

Sultan Rana, the chief of PCB's domestic cricket department, told Pakpassion.net the plans had been in the pipeline for the last two years but the board had to delay it because of the attack on Sri Lanka's cricketers during their tour of Pakistan in March 2009.

"We first considered the idea a couple of years ago," he said. "The documents were complete and we were all set to go, but the attack on the Sri Lankan team meant that we had to shelve all of our plans at that time

"I recently went to Sri Lanka during the World Cup and spoke to many other countries' board representatives, but apart from Sri Lanka they are reluctant to send their players to Pakistan. So, that presents a problem for us. We simply cannot host the tournament in Pakistan if we want to attract the top players."

The IPL was also hosted abroad in its second season, when the tournament was shifted to South Africa after security concerns arising from the Mumbai attacks in December 2008 meant it could not be staged in India. Rana was confident Pakistan's board could do something similar.

"What we are trying to do is to organise a competition in Dubai. This idea was discussed in the past and has very much been in our plans and is still on the table. I'm sure we (PCB) can organise this tournament, which will run along the lines of the Indian Premier League

what will b profit to pakirtan if tournament will played in Gulf.:what::what:

I am talking about cricket.you are whining about indians whining. you could have suggested a model for PPL or which countries would be interested in participating in it? but i guess you are more interested in your Jihad against Indians isnt it ?

whatever floats your boat man...

i have already given my views, the thread ran constructive for some time, now has become eye soar after these indian views, this thread has officially ruined

players who are not bought in ipl can participate or those who dont participate in aussie big bash or south african pro league, i mostly like players from australia, south africa and, indians and lankans should also be brought to play many talented players from ireland, usa, china, and other low profile countries can participate, in this way cricket can be diversified by playing low profile cricketing countries

the league must be to promote cricket in pakistan and the world and not just about money

Pakistan's players have not been a part of the IPL since its inaugural season, but the PCB has plans to launch their own equivalent of the Twenty20 tournament, though they have admitted it will not be possible to host it in Pakistan. Instead, they want to host the tournament in Dubai, where Pakistan have played one-day internationals against Australia and South Africa, and the latter in a Test match.

Sultan Rana, the chief of PCB's domestic cricket department, told Pakpassion.net the plans had been in the pipeline for the last two years but the board had to delay it because of the attack on Sri Lanka's cricketers during their tour of Pakistan in March 2009.

"We first considered the idea a couple of years ago," he said. "The documents were complete and we were all set to go, but the attack on the Sri Lankan team meant that we had to shelve all of our plans at that time

"I recently went to Sri Lanka during the World Cup and spoke to many other countries' board representatives, but apart from Sri Lanka they are reluctant to send their players to Pakistan. So, that presents a problem for us. We simply cannot host the tournament in Pakistan if we want to attract the top players."

The IPL was also hosted abroad in its second season, when the tournament was shifted to South Africa after security concerns arising from the Mumbai attacks in December 2008 meant it could not be staged in India. Rana was confident Pakistan's board could do something similar.

"What we are trying to do is to organise a competition in Dubai. This idea was discussed in the past and has very much been in our plans and is still on the table. I'm sure we (PCB) can organise this tournament, which will run along the lines of the Indian Premier League

I really like your signature ;)
And correction-It was not due to the effect of Mumbai attacks that IPL 2009 was in South Africa..there were elections in a couple of states at that time and therefore enough security couldn't be provided.

IPL is a multi billion dollar event and involves huge huge amount of money.
I don't think PCB alone can do this...well all the best! But you need huge money to get the international players...otherwise they will stay in IPL ;)

PPL is not a competition with IPL.

Both are going to be different leagues targeting different markets (India and Pakistan).

Both markets are the best markets for the cricket in the world. The rating proves it.

I guess IPL is targeting the whole Globe and not just Indian market. It is even followed here in Thailand by the whole south asian community (Ind, Pak, SL, BD, Afg, Nepali and a select few of my country (Though we are also old time indians settled in Myan). IPL in future is also planning to take matches to England, USA, Canada. That is very much on the cards and I can see it happening very soon.
As you said PPL should not try to compete. It cannot. It will fail. Like Australian Big Bash which will be scheduled in Nov Dec PPL should look for a time that does not clash with both. And you know what the recent news from USA after formation of CHA along with NZC they plan to start one in June 2012. So we should try to avoid all 3 slots.

Last but not the least ECB is also planning to start one in 2012. Now I am thinking when will they play the tests and bilateral series. I guess Test nations should just play Test and stop laying bilateral ODI series. These ODI series are boring

indians r the only south asians who watch ipl, see, in ipl thread there r no pakistani comments, ipl is not even being telecasted in pakistan this yr

and afghanis watch ipl?? thts a shocker

also eng and usa dont give rats arse to cricket, foret the ipl

Here in Thailand they surely do. All of them do watch share a drink over it.

Well about pakistan you know better. But I surely read a news that when RBS T20 was to be hosted once, the TV channel (Geo I guess) objected because it was clashing with IPL (This was after IPL 2). After the snub of IPL 2, the cable association of Pak had boycotted but midway they started to show it because of the demand. Now this is sure shot news read. This surely is because some people do watch it. There are IPL threads on Indian, Pakistani, BD, Lankan and even Afghani forum. Any doubts you can visit all forum. We do not see other domestic forum say Lankan or BD here. Coz they are domestic and IPL has got so many other stake holders

About Eng and USA, their boards I read their boards are quite willing to get them hosted. Again google and you will so so many articles. I have a neutral perspective on the issue. I do not want to get into the fight with the Indians and Pakistani here. I say what I feel is correct and sad to see both sides always cutting each other. Outside they are just like one.

indians r the only south asians who watch ipl, see, in ipl thread there r no pakistani comments, ipl is not even being telecasted in pakistan this yr

IPL was supposed to be broadcast in Pakistan before your govt banned the channel showing it :lol:. Shows your insecurity.

And if you think UK, Australia etc don't give a rats arse about cricket, then clearly you've never met a Brit or an Aussie.

I guess IPL is targeting the whole Globe and not just Indian market. It is even followed here in Thailand by the whole south asian community (Ind, Pak, SL, BD, Afg, Nepali and a select few of my country (Though we are also old time indians settled in Myan). IPL in future is also planning to take matches to England, USA, Canada. That is very much on the cards and I can see it happening very soon.
As you said PPL should not try to compete. It cannot. It will fail. Like Australian Big Bash which will be scheduled in Nov Dec PPL should look for a time that does not clash with both. And you know what the recent news from USA after formation of CHA along with NZC they plan to start one in June 2012. So we should try to avoid all 3 slots.

Last but not the least ECB is also planning to start one in 2012. Now I am thinking when will they play the tests and bilateral series. I guess Test nations should just play Test and stop laying bilateral ODI series. These ODI series are boring

Not to fight with you but I googled why IPL is not being broadcasted in Pakistan, and the burning reason that came up is Pakistan Govt channel wants to broadcast it but Geo does not allow it. SO they have stopped them. Now what does this tell me. Posting as a neutral again. Take me as a neutral plz

Sometimes, it doesn't pay to try too hard to criticise others. If by arguing that only Indians see IPL, you were suggesting that no one else is interested in it as being a sort of criticism, you need to look again. Let us assume that you are fully right and no one but Indians watch IPL. What then follows is that a billion dollar tournament rides just on Indian shoulders alone. In any case, any & all foreign viewership is regarded as a bonus; the IPL exists primarily to interest Indians. Now try & figure out the maths to see if Pakistan can do the same.

I actually wouldn't mind a few Indian fast bowlers playing a couple of season of PPL. They might learn a thing or two.

But would PPL be able to afford Indian players?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom