What's new

Pakistan plan IPL equivalent

^ Yeah good question again.

Even Indian fresh players are now used to atleast $50000 USD.

It is all about money. If tomorrow Big Bash offers decent amount of money to Pakistani's, Indians they would definitely play there, provided they do not have national duties. Big bash definitely has got investment behind it, just the ROI model is to be worked out. The various international stars can play a few matches and then move ahead for International duties. That happens in IPL too (Aus will come after Aus BD series and SL will leave early)

T-20 league in franchise form are the future and I guess within 5 years all test plus some others will definitely have their own league. The size and salaries would be a reflection of valuation of Boards I guess

Lets see if Big Bash is able to compete with IPL in terms on money provided, target audience and entertainment.

those who believe PPl can compete with IPL should have a look at these figures.

Telecast rights-$ 1.93 billion for 10 yrs.
Brodband ,mobile and radio rigts-estimated $ 40 million for 4 yrs
Telecast in other territories-approx $ 100 million(estimated)varies from 5 to 10 yrs.

Title sponser-$ 50 million for 5 yrs.
Other sponsorship rights(including airlines,hotels,associate sponsers etc)-$ 60 million for 5 yrs (approx).

valuation of IPL-$ 4.13 billion(2010).

This r the rights associated with IPL organizing comities,those with the clubs r not mentioned.

In 2010 IPL is expected to have atleast 80 official merchandise deals.

It is assumed a team requires atleast $ 25 million to run the team that season(just 50 days)

It was also declared in a survey that the avg per week IPL income is the second highest in the world after NFL.

indians r the only south asians who watch ipl, see, in ipl thread there r no pakistani comments, ipl is not even being telecasted in pakistan this yr

and afghanis watch ipl?? thts a shocker

also eng and usa dont give rats arse to cricket, foret the ipl

This is just further ill-informed BS from you guys. I am British, I live in Britain and I can tell you the IPL is successful here and not just amongst NRIs but ALL cricket lovers! It is broadcast during prime time on a big channel-ITV from 11am-8pm EVERYDAY, I catch what I can, but it does have a following here. Next time do even some basic research.

I guess, their will all be same teams as in T20 RBS cup i.e., Sialkot Stallions, Lahore Lions, Karachi Dolphins, Peshawar Panthers, Abbottabad Rhinos, Faisalabad Wolves, Multan Tigers, Hyderabad Hawks etc together with international players included.

IPL was supposed to be broadcast in Pakistan before your govt banned the channel showing it :lol:. Shows your insecurity.

And if you think UK, Australia etc don't give a rats arse about cricket, then clearly you've never met a Brit or an Aussie.

son go and learn that in any oranization, if the rules are not followed, the bannings are issues, just like pdf, geo telecasted ipl previous yr but no body watches ipl

and im in UK, except pakistanis n indians no body gives a rats arse to cricket and i have indian friends they r crazy abt cricket, even they dont watch ipl

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

This is just further ill-informed BS from you guys. I am British, I live in Britain and I can tell you the IPL is successful here and not just amongst NRIs but ALL cricket lovers! It is broadcast during prime time on a big channel-ITV from 11am-8pm EVERYDAY, I catch what I can, but it does have a following here. Next time do even some basic research.

its EPL english premier league not ipl, how long you have been living here :lol::lol:

We don't even have money for anything and starting this crap we better fix our damn economy first and then move to next level. This is purly waste of money. Full of Saata nothing else.

If it is to match IPL then total BS idea but if the purpose is building players pool and some incentive for the players who could not make up to national team then its good idea.

If it is to match IPL then total BS idea but if the purpose is building players pool and some incentive for the players who could not make up to national team then its good idea.

If you really want to build good players, then follow tournaments like Ranji trophy, Irani trophy, Challenger trophy, etc. You can't judge anyone's talent from 20-20 matches. :disagree:

I guess, their will all be same teams as in T20 RBS cup i.e., Sialkot Stallions, Lahore Lions, Karachi Dolphins, Peshawar Panthers, Abbottabad Rhinos, Faisalabad Wolves, Multan Tigers, Hyderabad Hawks etc together with international players included.

T20 RBS kya zoo ka naam hai?

.karachi dolphins LMAO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom