What's new

Pakistan plan IPL equivalent

It is a non starter.

BCCI will not allow such a tournament to eat into its exclusivity. Any one remember what happened to ICL. Same will be the fate of PPL.

Why would BCCI stop it. PCB is an independent organization. Indians and Pakistanis are so jealous of each other. You can be right that PPL cannot match the might of IPL but that does not mean it cannot be held or investors will be in loss. It would be a diff of scale.

Infact i once read an article which tried to evaluate the value of franchise in diff countries based on similar model of IPL. The factors influencing the price are Interest factor, population, per capita, poverty level, no of teams, security factor and infrastructure. Based on these studies and taking IPL as base (100 M$, the average price of 10 Franchise) the evaluation were Aus:-82 M$ (8Teams), Eng:- 22 M$ (18 Teams), Pak:-5.6 M$ (6 Teams), SL:-4 M$ (6 Teams), BD:-0.7 M$ (6 Teams), USA:- 2.1 M$ (8 Teams). This valuation turned out quite true as Big Bash has sold 33% stake for roughly 25 M$ (Will be selling, so quite near), BD selling for .1 M$ for 1 year (IPL valuation is valid for 10 years).

If I base my predictions on the same evaluation the highest salary for IPL was 2.4 M$ and for NCL T20 (BD) was 18000 $. The PPL highest salary range would be around 135000$.

But not relying too much on the above evaluations still it is quite clear that PPL would be paying much less than IPL and the average would be in range 1 is to 20 for sure. This is a fact

Its just a rhetoric from Pakistan to let India play its players in India. Pakistan does not have wherewithal to organise such a giant show after India has already done that. Pakistan short on funds has different priorities and when its own team can not play on home grounds, what can be said of these tall claims.

Its just a rhetoric from Pakistan to let India play its players in India. Pakistan does not have wherewithal to organise such a giant show after India has already done that. Pakistan short on funds has different priorities and when its own team can not play on home grounds, what can be said of these tall claims.

when was the last time u wrote something intelligent???

ohh my god, keep living in dillusional world good for you

ignorance is bliss

just a simple suggestion ask some genuine non indian uk, us people, how well they follow ipl, and they will answer you :lol: itv telecasts all damn matches whether it be bangladesh vs pakistan match

i know how well ipl gets covered but nobody even speaks about chennai vs mumbai match here, nobody speaks abt it, i have indian friends, they dont even talk abt it, and these indians are indian students direct from india and not some uk desi

even cricket is solely pakistan and india thing, nobody other than indians give damn abt ipl..

Dude whatever!! Control your burning arse!! IPL is one of the most watched sporting events in the world...

OMg Chop3d .....your troll just got killed
The third season of the IPL saw interest rise dramatically in the United Kingdom, due in part to telecasts being moved from the subscription-based Setanta Sports to the free-to-air ITV4. James Macleod stated, "We are delighted with the viewing figures for the IPL so far. The ratings for ITV4s coverage have been around seven or eight times those achieved by Setanta last year, and we're delighted to be bringing the competition to a wider audience". Lalit Modi, Chairman and Commissioner of IPL, also expressed immense satisfaction on the way IPL has been accepted by the British audience. "ITV beats Sky Sports over the weekend in number of viewers. This is great going. The ITV numbers are double that of rugby league. This is huge by all imaginations. UK figures for viewership on ITV already 10 times that of last year. This is just fantastic news," he said
Indian Premier League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Question is will international players really come?
And without them, it is going to have very little following in Pakistan and none beyond Pakistan.
So may be its not a great idea after all. If you could have it in Dubai etc (which would accelerate costs) then probably you would pull some players

doesnt matter, pakistan has huge number of followers, even ipl has no follower outside india

icl was indian stuff and a competition to ipl, ppl is pakistani proposed league, what has the bcci has got to do with pakistan in the first place??

ppl is just like another cricket league why u people are so jealous abt the thing which can do favours to cricket??

its like you are saying german bundesliga or ltalian la liga is compiting with epl, its not just abt money, its abt playing a game

OK suit yourself if you want to shut off yourself from reality. The cold hard truth - BCCI will do all it can to nip the PPL. I am not arguing if it is right or wrong. But BCCI will not go down without a fight in this case.

Hell if IPL opens its door to Pakistani cricketers even they will drop themselves from PPL and join IPL.

Care to read this whole thread before posting BS.

That guy does not respond to when u place facts,simply because he cannot argument,so his strategy is to act as a deaf and continue the rhetoric,the oversees telecast rigts of IPL is sold for more than $ 100 million's,NRi's r not enough to recover that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom