What's new

Pakistan possible answer against india nuclear submarine

A better stealthier and safer as well as cheaper alternative would be hydrogen and oxygen powered sub. Heat detection can be easily avoided with this.

Quoted, right now, thats the most cost/effective solution.
PEM systems are damn efficent but there are also other good AIP systems out there, less sofisticated.

Why you guys are so attracted from these nuke subs?
You dont need nuclear power in order to suit your needs, nations that are supposed to operate anytime worldwide with patrols that last months or in particular scenarios such as under ice operations needs it.
The key in ASW warfare is to be stealth (nukes subs are everything but silent), I would choose a submarine with a low magnetic, acustic and termic signature.
Such a machine would give several advantages, not only about attack but also about infomation recon (and thats not few).

What do you guys think about the "new" joint venture between Rubin (Russia) and Fincantieri (Italy) in the export submarines field?
Rumors says that the new product, S-1000 sub (a small, cheap attack submarine) gained experience from both 212 and Amur classes, and looks like India showed interest in this project.

i still think U 214 will suit pakistan but dont know for last 5 years we did not choose any submarine which we have dont it in last 4 years time

I'm reading now, in the magazine "Navires & Histoire", n.61, LELA PRESSE, ago/sep 2010, that Pakistan signed a contract with the chinese government for the supply of 4 submarines "Yuan" class (2000t) of which one or two to be built in Karachi and three or four to be built in chinese shipyards.
As for future, the contract would also option other three submarines.

Is this information confirmed?

pakistan dont really need a nuclear sub.
with our aims and objectives clear at sea, there is no real need to go for these big money deals.

a perfect choice for PN would be conventional attack subs that are stealthier. the U214 was the obvious choice, now with the deal off table, china turkey pakistna cooperation can provide a good solution. ability to fire nuclear capable babur missiles will also give a second strike capability.

we can spend these funds on much more important projects..

regards!

i dont think Pakistan need any nuclear sub , we just need any good anti ship missiles . like the Russians or Iranians have , like sunburn or Exocet i hope i wrote it right

i dont think Pakistan need any nuclear sub , we just need any good anti ship missiles . like the Russians or Iranians have , like sunburn or Exocet i hope i wrote it right

Uhhh...You already have the exocet and the Sunburn is out of production. And why go for Sunburn when you have the C-802...Sunburn's Chinese clone?

1 ballistic missile equipted N sub is what we need..

if war happened between US/Pakistan so then we can damage them unlike what they did to the iraq.

N sub with SLBM having MIRV capability

so that we can hit many cities in one missile..

At this point it doesn't matter what Pakistan goes for as long as it is something modern. Those Agosta 70s are now 29-30 years old and while Pakistan can operate them past 2015 it doesn't become very safe to do so. Submarine hulls start to become compromised after 35-40 years of use. The normal lifespan is generally rated at around 30 years. You would need a refit to keep them in service.

drones of the sea? why not look into robotic submarines...wont need life support systems,and will be able to work on their own....same as we have drones in the skies.

drones of the sea? why not look into robotic submarines...wont need life support systems,and will be able to work on their own....same as we have drones in the skies.

Sir,

It would be nice to do some research on submarines, submarine warfare and what kind of robotic submarines are available---and how you are going to operate them.

Please----people---for goodness sake---pick up a book----pick up a " book of fiction " regarding submarine warfare and at least get an idea as to what is involved in submarine operation and submarine warfare---how the sea lanes are tracked and how the subs go from one point to the other---how they hunt and track each other---.

There is no such thing as a robotic submarine to fight an under sea battle.

Sir,

It would be nice to do some research on submarines, submarine warfare and what kind of robotic submarines are available---and how you are going to operate them.

Please----people---for goodness sake---pick up a book----pick up a " book of fiction " regarding submarine warfare and at least get an idea as to what is involved in submarine operation and submarine warfare---how the sea lanes are tracked and how the subs go from one point to the other---how they hunt and track each other---.

There is no such thing as a robotic submarine to fight an under sea battle.

I support that. Really good suggestion. Research based on fiction is best source of great knowledge. We can really improve our military capabilities by watching Star Wars and Star Trek.

Back
Top Bottom